PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows

Hi,
when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open
menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on
the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the
code but if I choose Edit it also crashes.

Thanks,
Joelle
0
Joelle

You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section.  This is the
DataWindow.Net section.

<Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
> when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open
> menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on
> the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the
> code but if I choose Edit it also crashes.
>
> Thanks,
> Joelle

0
Bruce

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

Crashing when opening a datawindow in Datawindow Designer 1.51
Hi There My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a new or edited datawindow (after selecting the tables in a new datawindow). Its like the PB bug that was related to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a fairly late version but it did not fix it. Do I have to blow away and reload DW.Net and will that fix the problem? Its been working fine up until today.. Cheers Brett Weaver Hi Brett, This sounds like the same issue. Did you try deleting the registry entry? Regards, Dave Fish Sy...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? PS I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade. Thanks, Larry Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default] PB will rebuild it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow
I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel, Powerbuilder immediately closes. It may be a crash, but I do not receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is logged in event viewer. It is the only datawindow causing the problem that I've found to this point. Stranger still, the datawindow can be seen from a parent window displaying it with...

Datawindow open causes powerbuilder crash in windows 2000
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layo...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows - sybase.datawindow.net

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles