pdf in landscape and pdf filter

Hello!
I have 2 questions concerning dwnwt in web forms C#
1)I use the 'classic' code to print datawindows using pdfs stored in an IIs
folder.The problem I have is how to have landscape pdfs.Some of my reports
can fit only in landscape and the portrait splits the report in 2 pages
which makes it difficult to ne read...
2)In an earlier post I came across the same problem I have that is printing
in pdf filtered datawindows.Can someone explain how can I do it.I think I
must cache the filter buffer but I do not know how..

Thanx in advance!!

For Question 1)
You can use the datawindow print properties
for example
landscape
datawindowcontrol.Modify("DataWindow.Print.Orientation =1")
Portrait
datawindowcontrol.Modify("DataWindow.Print.Orientation =2")
R.Ramesh
"P Platan" <pplat@exnds.com> wrote in message news:4399485b@forums-1-dub...
> Hello!
> I have 2 questions concerning dwnwt in web forms C#
> 1)I use the 'classic' code to print datawindows using pdfs stored in an
IIs
> folder.The problem I have is how to have landscape pdfs.Some of my reports
> can fit only in landscape and the portrait splits the report in 2 pages
> which makes it difficult to ne read...
> 2)In an earlier post I came across the same problem I have that is
printing
> in pdf filtered datawindows.Can someone explain how can I do it.I think I
> must cache the filter buffer but I do not know how..
>
> Thanx in advance!!

0
Ramesh

PDF Metamorphosis .Net
Hi ASP.Net community, If you will need an easy in .Net component to convert RTF, Text to PDF from ASP.Net (C#, VB.Net) you can try our PDF Metamorphosis .Net: http://www.sautinsoft.com/products/pdf-metamorphosis/index.phpThe component is standalone and independent, it doesn't require anything else.In this package there are samples of Web-application and C#, VB.Net console applications. To convert RTF to PDF in C# you will need only two lines: SautinSoft.PdfMetamorphosis p = new SautinSoft.PdfMetamorphosis();//filesp.RtfToPdfConvertFile(@"d:\test.rtf", @"d:\test.p...

Save pdf from posted pdf (asp.net)
I've got a pdf form with a submit button and I've set it up to post the entire pdf to a url. Now - what I want to do is grab that pdf from the web page that it posts to. I've got a pdf .net component for editing and saving the pdf, I just need to know how to pick up the pdf form the post.. If that makes sense.. Once I have grabbed the pdf, I can save it no problem, I just need to grab the pdf object from the http post request.  Any ideas?http://www.developdesign.co.uk/ Request.Form("what_you_posted_it_as") But that expects a string surely -  the compo...

datawindow.net PDF
....haven't gotten any answerts yet.... We try to save a datawindow as PDF. We installed GhostScript and added the bin folder to the path variable. The datawindow contains just some rows. Then we tried to run the following statement dataWindowControl1.SaveAs(@"c:\temp\my.pdf", Sybase.DataWindow.FileSaveAsType.Pdf); The exception 'Sybase.Datawindow.MethodFailureException' is thrown. We even copied the Drivers folder into the projects bin\debug folder. What do we make wrong? Thanks for answerts Markus Do you see the Sybase DataWindow PS printer inst...

saveas pdf but as pdf/a
Hi, we need to save the reports as pdf/a. Is there a way to tell pb or let me save ghostscript to save the datawindow as a pdf/a ? ghostscript has some options like pdf/a but the datawindow printer seems to ignore all settings from ghsotscript TIA Heino Hellmers ...

saveas pdf in Evaluation datawindow.net
Hi I get this error when trying to do a saveas pdf. An unhandled exception of type 'Sybase.DataWindow.MethodFailureException' occurred in datawindow.dll Additional information: SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 I have installed ghostscript in C:\Program Files\Sybase\DataWindow .NET 1.0\gs as described in the help file I have also added this to the environment variable PATH just in case Still the same problem persists Hope someone can help me with this Col What happens when you try the File/Save Rows As... menu option in DataWindo...

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

Sending pdf file to Client (Download pdf functionality in asp.net)
Hi All, I have follwoing scenario. I want to download pdf file.  I have one folder which some local macine. This folder contains the pdf files and only one person is given access write to that folder. All i need to do is impersonate the user and download the pdf from this folder. So i am using Response.TransmitFile Method of http object. I am sucessfully able to impersonate the user whoever logs on to the site and send a file to client.  But i am not sure if Response.TransmitFile is the correct and right way to go for it. I am passing the pdf file directly in the Response.Tra...

Extract Text, RTF, Images from PDF documents with PDF Focus .Net
Hi Community,We offer a new .Net component to convert PDF to Word (RTF) from ASP.Net (C#, VB.Net). The component names PDF Focus .Net (version 1.0.3):  http://www.pdf-doc.com/The component is absolutely standalone and doesn't require anything else. Requires only Net 2.0 or higher  platform.In this package there are samples of Web-application and C#, VB.Net console applications. To convert PDF to RTF you will need only two lines of code.We also offer discounts for ASP.Net members. Let me know if you will have questions, Max  We are happy to inform abou...

how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET
how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET Now am converting using how to convert dynamicaly loading images to pdf using HTML to PDF Converter for .NET  tool. But the dynamicaly loading images are not showing in the pdf .     Are you using 3rd party tool or you are using iTextSharp free utility? If it is 3rd party tool, it's always suggested to ask the company which built the tool. Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Hi vishnusekhar, As to convert images/douments ...

How to generate PDF report from datagrid using Gios PDF .NET or itextsharp library ?
I have a problem.I am developing my web application using csharp on visual studio 2003. I am able to generate datagrid without any problem. But I want records on datagrid to be exported on pdf document. Have tried using Gios PDF .NET library, from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/giospdfnetlibrary.aspx. But the problem I have is when declare in my code using Gios PDF. it is saying that it does not know about Gios PDF. I have tried to put references but not working. How can I do it? So that I use this powerful library. The problem I have is calling the Gios PDF .NET library in my files....

Please help to save a datawindow as PDF in landscape
Hai.. I am creating a report and it is printing in landscape mode due to its size is greater than A4 size. But when I am giving save as PDF file , the file is generated in two pages . Please do you have any idea to get the PDF in the same size as that of datawindow print preview. With Thanks and Regards Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Did you set the orientation of the datawindow to landscape? Either in the painter or through dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Print.Orientation=2? If are you using dw...

Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.0 Released!
Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 15 2005 ...

Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.1 Released!
Aspos.Pdf.Fo 1.1 Released! Version 1.1 Released on Febuary 07 2005 ...

Aspose.PDF.Kit 1.0 Released!
Aspose.Pdf.Kit 1.0 Released! Version 1.0.0.0 Released on January 11 2005 ...

Web resources about - pdf in landscape and pdf filter - sybase.datawindow.net

Cultural landscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He defined two forms of landscape: the Urlandschaft (transl. original landscape) or landscape that existed before major human induced changes ...

Will Declining LSAT Scores And Bar Passage Rates Shift The Legal Landscape?
We may soon see a reduction in talent in the market for associates.

Seven West Media chairman Kerry Stokes says media landscape is not 'burnt'
Billionaire Kerry Stokes has launched a robust defence of traditional media, saying the industry is not dead and Seven West Media is tackling ...

A close look at the Windows Phone landscape in November 2015
Windows 10 Mobile is already running on seven percent of compatible Windows Phone devices, according to a new report from ad network AdDuplex, ...

Top tools and tips for mastering the modern design landscape [Deals]
The way we use technology to communicate is transforming, and design is changing right along with it. Being caught up with the tools and techniques ...

Major Gas Discovery In Egypt Changes Landscape In Middle East Energy
Major Gas Discovery In Egypt Changes Landscape In Middle East Energy

Bob Cooper’s Landscape Entertainment Inks Deal With TNT For Event Series
Building onto their collaboration on an 1906 San Francisco Earthquake event series, Bob Cooper 's Landscape Entertainment has closed a first-look ...

Microsoft's Power BI Gains Timeline Slicer, iPhone Landscape Mode
Microsoft gives Power BI users more ways to slice and dice date-based data along with adding a new, more information-packed viewing mode for ...

The Enterprise Marketing Technology Landscape
... of record, design, operation/automation, insight, and engagement. The latter two lend themselves to the enterprise marketing technology landscape. ...

Multi-level marketing mobile service provider Solavei shuts down due to ‘competitive landscape’
Solavei is done. The Seattle-based startup, which used multi-level marketing tactics to win customers for its mobile phone service, announced ...