In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript

In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two
columns:itemno,description.
input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the
database,return 1 to
trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the
item from
the database,and fill it into the column "description". The
question is

how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web
service? if
so,I need an example to realize it.
0
Johnson

You will need to use AJAX or make a round trip on item change event.

--
Dean Jones
CEO

TeamSybase
* * Think Sybase * *

<Johnson Chen> wrote in message news:44e94a76.2899.1681692777@sybase.com...
> In powerbuilder,for example,a datawindow has two
> columns:itemno,description.
> input an itemno,validate it.if not found from the
> database,return 1 to
> trigger itemerror event; if found,get the description of the
> item from
> the database,and fill it into the column "description". The
> question is
>
> how to fulfill the function in web datawindow,through web
> service? if
> so,I need an example to realize it.

0
Dean

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my .NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing. I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction was called when no DataWindow object was att...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in DNA using .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script> objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ...... }   szUrl = "http://ServerNa...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow #2
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my VB.NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing (I can see the DataWindow in design mode). I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction ...

Itemchanged/clicked event handler for Datawindow.net in asp.net
Hi, I am evaluating datawindow.net 1.5 webdatawindow control in asp.net I don't know how to implement itemchanged/Item clicked for the datawindow.net Please anyone let me know how to do?Is any code example available? TIA Manikandan Look at the properties on the Web DataWindow control. You will see several client events (ClientEventItemChanged, ClientEventItemError, etc.). You need to code these events in Javascript as they will take place in the browser. There is no ClientItemClicked event but you will see that the ClientEventClicked event has a RowNumber and ObjectName ...

connecting to access database using asp.net and oledb.net
Hi there I need some help with this problem i have with using asp.net I am trying to connect to an Access Database Here is the code below I am using iis5.0 on windows XP default local intranet settings and this code nothing happens apart from putting the title on the screen in the html section of the code. Can anyone explain why this just does not work it is an example from asp.net database books by wrox just thought one of you guys might be able to help please don't understand why I am not getting the results from the query back in to a dat...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

insert records into access database using ASP.NET(VB.NET)
my problem is that while i am trying to insert the record into access dtabase through my webform it is producing error that "OPERATION MUST USE AN UPDATEABLE QUERY" and showing error into statement "cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()".please solve my problem.thanks with regard abhishek chaurasiaabhishekchaurasia_13@yahoo.com...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Asp.net Variable used in Client side javascript
I am trying to used an asp.net variable in a JavaScript like so. Before the WebForm designer code I have a variable declared as so: Public notValid As Boolean then I would like to use it in a javascript like this with a button click: Button.Atributes.Add("onclick", "javascript:if(!notValid){alert('Classification');}) I tried !<%notValid%> and many <%notValid%> == False and many other variations. With a little help i think this canl work. Any input will be appreciated. cbeasle1 Hi... As you've probably figured out, the client scrip...

how do i use javascript that run on client side in asp.net
sir, i need help in javascript....is there any forum regarding it.. Schenario of the problem: I want to select a row of reapter contol on the client side and the values of the selected row i need on the server side... Can this be possible ..if so please help me with the code....   You can attach a CheckBox control to each row and then mark/unmark in Javascript method using document.getElementById('id') method. Let me know if this works for you. VivekSocial Networking Platform in ASP.NET || Join now: CodeASP.NET Community Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer...

How to use client-side script(javascript) in .Net Remoting
Hi all,     It was known that SAO and Singleton object about .Net Remoting. When I Create an object in server side and hosting in IIS's virtual directory,I want to use javascript asynchronous invoking the remote object by HTTP channel, 80 port and SOAP formatter just like XMLHTTP invoking web service. My code as following, <script>  objXmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument"); objHttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"); strEnvelope = ?? objHttp.onreadystatechange = function() { ......  }    szUrl = &...

Books for accessing Active Directory database using ASP.NET or Visual Studio.net
Hi all, Can you suggest a good book for accessing Active Directory database using ASP.NET or Visual Studio.net .I googled regarding this but not much help. Thanks   Try this link to a pinned post in the Active Directory and LDAP forum:  Samples Available - Updated 7/16.  Terri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question...

Web resources about - In datawindow.net,access the database from client side event using javascript - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 5:51:09 PM