how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile

how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile.

I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10.

How to include one?

thanks

vsv

0
vsv

The namespace would be system.data.oledb

The provider would be SAOLEDB.10

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 6 Nov 2007 08:17:01 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:

>how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile.
>
>I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10.
>
>How to include one?
>
>thanks
>
>vsv

0
Dave
11/6/2007 4:23:44 PM
iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere
is the .NET dataprovider SQLAnywhere is recommending.
And much of its functionalities of .NET Data Provider is provided using the
above.
There are functionality limitations when working with a dataset using OLEDB.
So, we need to use the above namespace only.
DW.NET doesn't support any .NET data provider.
DW.NET has more design time functionality of designing a form.
But it is very limited in consuming .NET Data Providers.
This is becoming a major hurdle for us in using it for our .NET project. We
are evaluating DW.NET, Exceed, Infragistics.
Others support bindingSource, any .NET data provider.
because they consume .NET Dataprovider solution, especially entityobjects.

I also saw in the help that if using dataset, one should use filter, sort,
grouping in dataset instead of DW.
The filter mechanism in .NET is in BindingSource. How one would do it with
dataset in combination with DW?

Any examples will be much appreciated.

thanks for your help.
vsv

"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
> The namespace would be system.data.oledb
>
> The provider would be SAOLEDB.10
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 6 Nov 2007 08:17:01 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile.
>>
>>I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10.
>>
>>How to include one?
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>vsv

0
vsv
11/6/2007 5:23:05 PM
Please file an enhancement request for this... the need for support of
the SQLAnywhere provider is something I've heard from a few customers.

On 6 Nov 2007 09:23:05 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:

>iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere
>is the .NET dataprovider SQLAnywhere is recommending.
>And much of its functionalities of .NET Data Provider is provided using the
>above.
>There are functionality limitations when working with a dataset using OLEDB.
>So, we need to use the above namespace only.
>DW.NET doesn't support any .NET data provider.
>DW.NET has more design time functionality of designing a form.
>But it is very limited in consuming .NET Data Providers.
>This is becoming a major hurdle for us in using it for our .NET project. We
>are evaluating DW.NET, Exceed, Infragistics.
>Others support bindingSource, any .NET data provider.
>because they consume .NET Dataprovider solution, especially entityobjects.
>

>I also saw in the help that if using dataset, one should use filter, sort,
>grouping in dataset instead of DW.
>The filter mechanism in .NET is in BindingSource. How one would do it with
>dataset in combination with DW?
>
>Any examples will be much appreciated.
>
>thanks for your help.
>vsv
>

>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>> The namespace would be system.data.oledb
>>
>> The provider would be SAOLEDB.10
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 6 Nov 2007 08:17:01 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile.
>>>
>>>I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10.
>>>
>>>How to include one?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>vsv

0
Jim
11/6/2007 6:07:19 PM
DataWindow .NET supports the following providers:

Oracle,
Sybase ASE,
MS SQL Server,
OLE DB.

Please post your data binding question in another thread so that
others will see it and respond.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 6 Nov 2007 09:23:05 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:

>iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere
>is the .NET dataprovider SQLAnywhere is recommending.
>And much of its functionalities of .NET Data Provider is provided using the
>above.
>There are functionality limitations when working with a dataset using OLEDB.
>So, we need to use the above namespace only.
>DW.NET doesn't support any .NET data provider.
>DW.NET has more design time functionality of designing a form.
>But it is very limited in consuming .NET Data Providers.
>This is becoming a major hurdle for us in using it for our .NET project. We
>are evaluating DW.NET, Exceed, Infragistics.
>Others support bindingSource, any .NET data provider.
>because they consume .NET Dataprovider solution, especially entityobjects.
>

>I also saw in the help that if using dataset, one should use filter, sort,
>grouping in dataset instead of DW.
>The filter mechanism in .NET is in BindingSource. How one would do it with
>dataset in combination with DW?
>
>Any examples will be much appreciated.
>
>thanks for your help.
>vsv
>

>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>> The namespace would be system.data.oledb
>>
>> The provider would be SAOLEDB.10
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 6 Nov 2007 08:17:01 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile.
>>>
>>>I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10.
>>>
>>>How to include one?
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>>vsv

0
Dave
11/6/2007 6:07:52 PM
case no: 11398644
and related cases & 11398646 11398690
thanks
vsv

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Please file an enhancement request for this... the need for support of
> the SQLAnywhere provider is something I've heard from a few customers.
>
> On 6 Nov 2007 09:23:05 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere
>>is the .NET dataprovider SQLAnywhere is recommending.
>>And much of its functionalities of .NET Data Provider is provided using
>>the
>>above.
>>There are functionality limitations when working with a dataset using
>>OLEDB.
>>So, we need to use the above namespace only.
>>DW.NET doesn't support any .NET data provider.
>>DW.NET has more design time functionality of designing a form.
>>But it is very limited in consuming .NET Data Providers.
>>This is becoming a major hurdle for us in using it for our .NET project.
>>We
>>are evaluating DW.NET, Exceed, Infragistics.
>>Others support bindingSource, any .NET data provider.
>>because they consume .NET Dataprovider solution, especially entityobjects.
>>

>>I also saw in the help that if using dataset, one should use filter, sort,
>>grouping in dataset instead of DW.
>>The filter mechanism in .NET is in BindingSource. How one would do it with
>>dataset in combination with DW?
>>
>>Any examples will be much appreciated.
>>
>>thanks for your help.
>>vsv
>>

>>"Dave Fish [TeamSybase]" <dfish@[N0Spam]sybase.com> wrote in message
>>> The namespace would be system.data.oledb
>>>
>>> The provider would be SAOLEDB.10
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase

0
vsv

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

ASP.NET/ADO.NET/VB.NET Books
Can anyone suggest a good book(s) on ASP.NET, ADO.NET and VB.NET, I have familiar ASP 2.0 and have used VB 6 a few times, so I’m a total newbie, to this type of thing. Thanks Jason One free place to start is the Quickstart tutorials. They are available on the tutorials tab on this website. The best "starting out" book, IMO, is still "ASP.NET Unleashed", by Stephen Walther. This gives you an excellent introduction to all of the essentials. From there, it would depend on your needs. BTW - there is a "Book Review" forum within the ASP.NET Forums t...

ASP .NET connect to MySQL using ADO .NET...?
Hi guys,Need some advice here as I am new to ASP .NET and ADO .NET. I am currently using MySQL .NET Connector to connect to MySQL database using ASP .NET. I came across this ADO .NET provided by Microsoft which also can connect to a database. Hence,1) Is this the correct manner in terms of technology usage?ASP .NET <-> ADO .NET <-> MySQL DB2) Is there any samples to show such a usage? I search the forums, it seems like there isn't anyone using this manner to connect.Thanks.regards,Aldrick Dont know what version of ASP.NET you are using.  This sample is in 1.1 : http://...

ADO.net, Connected or Disconnected mode? What is better in ASP.net
Can anyone explain the advanteges and pitfalls of using connected or disconnected mode in ASP.net? I always thought that connected mode was the way to go in ASP.net, because objects such as datasets don't persist while you browse to other pages. A guy I work with claims that he uses disconnected mode, and only makes two trips to the server, the first is when he fills a dataset when the application loads, and the other when he saves the changes. He says that he can browse to multiple pages in his application and use the same dataset, and it will retain any changes done along the way, and he d...

Does .NET map calls for ADO to ADO.NET?
Hello,We are trying to troubleshoot some DB problems from COM objects that call ADO. I heard that when ADO is loaded inside of a COM object by a .NET app, that .NET intercepts the call and re-maps those calls over to ADO.NET. This seems untrue to me, given the nature of ADO.NET being a totally separate technology.Does anyone know for sure whether this does or does not occur?The problem we are seeing is actually almost identical in symptoms to this:http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/230101"FIX: Data Queries Sporadically Return Empty Recordsets" Literally, this is what...

Connecting to ASA 9 through network with ADO.NET in VB.NET
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to an Adaptive Server Anywhere database with the ADO Provider "ASAProv" with client computers. It works perfectly when the application is in the same computer as the database server. But when I try to connect to it from another machine, this machine opens a new ASA Database server and cannot access the database because its being used by the first computer. My connection string is Provider=ASAProv; UID=dba; PWD=sql; ServerName=GUS; DatabaseName=LCMS2; AutoStop=No; DBF=\\Gustavo\DB\LCMS2.DB How can I tell the application to use ASA ...

problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET
For anyone familiar with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's "SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within the first subroutine): dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb") Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I...

How do I connect to SAW 5.5 with VB.NET/ADO.NET?
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database running on a W2K Pro server, using VB.NET and ADO.NET. Here's how I connect to MS SQL Server with VB.NET and ADO.NET: gstrADOConnectionString = "Data Source=" & gstrServerName & ";" & _ "Initial Catalog=" & gstrDatabase & ";" & "Integrated Security=SSPI;" & _ "Connect Timeout=" & Convert.ToString(gshoADOConnectTimeout) Example: Data Source=PSI_Dell;Initial Catalog=BRM;Integrated Security=SSPI;Connect Timeout=60 Here's how I did it...

ASP.NET + ADO.NET + VB.NET: Book recommendation?
I’m new to ASP.NET, but not to ASP.  I’m also new to most things .NET, but have worked with VB and databases quite a bit up through VB6.  Since then my programming has been in hibernation.  Anyway, I need to build a new corporate website using ASP.NET and VB.NET.  It will be heavily database driven using SQL Server (ADO.NET).  I have bought a couple of books, but still haven’t found one that I feel is going to get me what I need.  I need something that focuses on database-driven web-based applications using ASP.NET.  Most ASP.NET books kind of brush ov...

Connecting to localhost MySQL DB with Asp.NET & VB.NET
I'm fairly new to this so please bear with me. I installed MySQL on my local machine and created a database and table. I created a User DSN and a System DSN and they tested ok.Here's my .net code:Code:<%@ Page Language="VB" Debug="false" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/T...

Use ADO.NET to Connect to Paradox DB
Hello all... I am trying to make a simple app to connect to Paradox DB and display data in a GridView This is the code I have: string ConnectionString5x_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Paradox Driver (*.db )};DriverID=538;Fil=Paradox 5.X;DefaultDir=" + pPath + ";Dbq=" + pPath + ";CollatingSequence=ASCII;"; protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { string q = "Select * from Pers"; OdbcConnection odbcConnection = new OdbcConnection(); odbcConnection.ConnectionString = ConnectionStr...

can not add a record to a db table using the vb.net and ado.net
Hi   I am trying to insert record to Pups Database using ado.net and vb.net in a windows application. This form will collect data from user to insert it into stores table at Pubs database (storeID, name, address etc..). I am not able to get the new inserted record into the stores table here is my coude behind for the formImports System.Data.SqlClient  Public Class ParametersExample Inherits System.Windows.Forms.FormDim con As SqlConnection  Private Sub addBttn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles addBttn.Click Dim cmd As SqlCommand = ...

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

Web resources about - how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile - sybase.datawindow.net

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere