How to get the number of rows that were UPDATED

Using DW.NET 1.0     And    VB.NET 71

I have a datastore

after Updatadata()
i want know the number of rows updated.

How to get the number of rows ??

Thanks
Peter Stojkovic

0
Peter

Try using the RowsAffected property of the Transacation object.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

DataWindow .NET Webcast December 16, 2004:
www.customermining.com/Sybase/NETRegPage.html

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

On 16 Dec 2004 05:00:23 -0800, "Peter M�ller" <Peter.Mueller@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Using DW.NET 1.0     And    VB.NET 71
>
>I have a datastore
>
>after Updatadata()
>i want know the number of rows updated.
>
>How to get the number of rows ??
>

>Thanks
>Peter Stojkovic

0
dfish
12/16/2004 2:11:15 PM
Peter,

According to the Sybase Datawindow Help file, the datastore
has an EndUpdate event.  This event occurs when all the
updates from the datastore to the database are complete.
Within this event you have the EndUpdateEventArgs which
contains the following properties:

RowsDeleted
RowsInserted
RowsUpdated

Fernando Martinez
0
Fernando
12/16/2004 2:13:23 PM
The information is available in the EndUpdate event.

wrote:

>Using DW.NET 1.0     And    VB.NET 71
>
>I have a datastore
>
>after Updatadata()
>i want know the number of rows updated.
>
>How to get the number of rows ??
>

>Thanks
>Peter Stojkovic

0
Jim

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

How to set the row number and get the row number for ("selected row) in Datagrid
I face a problem that i can't get the selected row of the datagrid in both server side script (VB.net) and client side script (javascript) As i can't use the button column / hyperlink column in the datagrid. Thus , i need to handle the change the background color of the selected row and also to get the selected row number for Update/Delete. Thanks in advance. This depends on how do you perform the selection. Do you want to implement chaning of the SelectedRow at the client side without any postback? If you have no issues with postback, then you can do s little trick here: 1. ...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

get/setFullstate on an external DataWindow containing a DropDown dw doubles the number of rows in the dropdown datawindow
Hi, When we send a datawindow object containing 1 row and a dddw containing 5 rows to another datawindow control via get/setfullstate, the number of rows in the dddw is doubled to 10. Populating the (main) datawindow happened via an insertrow(), which caused the dddw to be retrieved automatically. Has anyone experienced the same behaviour? Thanks, Peter Annaert I saw this behavior when I had 2 different columns that used the same datawindow object for dropdowns. The workaround I used was to create a 2nd version of of the dddw dataobject, so that each column had a uniqu...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

how can I get row number of datawindow?
I need Process row number of datawindow.which function can I use? thank you. <dw_name>.RowCount() will give you the number of rows. Hi, You use the function GETROW() of datawindow control. Hope this help. brgrds. Jimar ...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

CtLib
Hi, I am using C++ and ctlib to connect to Sybase ASE 12.5 I cannot find from where can I get number of rows affected by update language command. Can anyone point me to part of docs or examples describing it? Thanks and regards, ?ukasz Hello, * Applications that allow ad-hoc query entry may need to print a rows-affected message (as done by the isql client application) when processing results. To do this, the application should do the following when ct_results indicates a CS_CMD_DONE result_type value: 1. Retrieve the row count with ct_res_info(CS_ROW_COUNT). 2. ...

Get the Row Number or Row ID
Hi, I am using Sybase Central v4.3 with Interactive SQL to query the SQL Commands. My concern is how to get the rownumber or row id in select queries. Is there any in built commands in the ASE. If not please suggest me how to get the rownumber. Thanks.... Unless i'm mistaken, ASE does not use a rowid... it can have a timestamp, but it is updated with every modification to the row. http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.help.ase_15.0.blocks/html/blocks/blocks34.htm -- Cory Sane [TeamSybase] Certified Sybase Associate DBA for ASE 15.0 "Santhanam P" wrote...

Getting Row number after calling insertrow in html datawindow component
Hi I am using the HTML datawindow component. I got a insert button which calls the InsertRow function. This reloads the html page and inserts the new row. Can anyone please help in finding a way to get this new row number after the page is reloaded. I need to set data in some of the columns using SetItem but I am not able to get the row number. Thanks Ashok ...

Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow?
Dear All, Is it possible to set some rows readonly and some rows updatable in a datawindow? Thanks Joe There is no direct way to make a row read-only, however, setting all the columns to read-only causes the same effect. Three methods, 1. The easiest way is to set the Protect property expression to determine if a column is editable. Do this for all columns. 2. Set the tab order for all columns to 0 in the rowfocuschanged event based if the new current row should be uneditable. You will need to set these back when the row is editable as well. 3. Set the Display...

Row updating, row updated confusion
Okay this is the first time I've ever had to do code behind for row updating logic in a gridview. So be patient with me if it's totally incorrect. Do I put the gridview rebind code in the Row Updating or Updated event?  Currently, I have it in both as I'm simply troubleshooting to try to get it to work.  With this code, not only is the record not updating but the record disappears from the gridview upon refreshing.Protected Sub GridView2_RowUpdated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdatedEventArgs) Handles GridView2.RowUpdated ...

how do I get the row index of the row that was just updated in the row_updated function?
How do I get the row index of the row that was just updated in the row_updated function?  Please don't tell me to use the row updating function because I tried to do what I want under row_updating but it doesn' t work for what I need to do.   Thanks. aspusername: Please don't tell me to use the row updating function Sorry, but that's where the information is: int LastRowUpdated; protected void GridView1_RowUpdating(object sender, GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) { LastRowUpdated = e.RowIndex; } protected void GridView1_RowUpdated...

Web resources about - How to get the number of rows that were UPDATED - sybase.datawindow.net

File:Updated DYK query.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Attention, Facebook Camera Users: Make Sure You Have Updated To Version 1.1.2
Users of Facebook’s Camera iOS application might want to make sure they have updated to version 1.1.2, as Facebook confirmed a bug in older versions ...

→ Apple Bug Reporter updated for the first time since 1875
Now my bugs can get ignored for months and then hastily and unhelpfully closed in a much nicer-looking interface.

Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra (UPDATED) - Facebook
Sarah Palin hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Crony Capitalism on Steroids from GE to Solyndra (UPDATED) geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen ...

Graph API v2.1 and updated iOS and Android SDKs
**Graph API v2.1 and updated iOS and Android SDKs**

UPDATED: Facebook’s PTAT disappearance was a coding flaw
There were rumors swirling earlier that Facebook would scrap the popular people talking about this (PTAT) metric, and several people noticed ...

Guns N' Roses official web site updated fuelling speculation of a reunion
... the 80s and 90s, and now rumours are rife of a reunion between the founding members of Guns N’ Roses. GUNS N' ROSES' Official Web Site Updated ...

Adobe Lightroom for iOS updated with 3D Touch, Split View, iPad Pro support, more
... 9 multitasking features. The update also introduces a Notification Center widget plus new editing tools as well. Deep pressing on the updated ...

Star Wars Mobile Games Updated to Celebrate The Force Awakens
To celebrate the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters, many Star Wars mobile games have been updated with new content inspired ...