Height of Rows in Web DW's (DW.NET 2.0)

How does dw.net calculate the height of a div for a web dw?  I have a
dw which has one autosized height column.  This column can contain
thousands of words.  DW.net is adjusting the height of the column
properly but is leaving a very large empty gap between rows (we're
sometimes talking about 500 pixels here).  The gap is not constant -
the more text the column contains (thus greater the height) the
greater the gap.
0
Neil

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5?
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

What's compatible with DW.NET 2.0 and DW.NET 2.5
The group I work with does nothing but PB applications. Finally there is some interest in moving some of our applications away from PB towards the .Net area. Currently we are not interested in what PB 11 is offering in the .NET area. We would like to be in a more 'native' .NET environment. Now with that being said , we are in the VERY early stages of using Visual Studio and Datawindow.NET. We have already found some issues with DW.NET 2.5 and VS 2008 that are making it difficult to move forward. So here is my question. What versions of VS and DW.NET actually work well tog...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

Any asp.net web sites that demo the dw.net in all it's glory?
Are there any sites that demo the dw.net, showing off it's cababilities? We are comparing dw.net to other components, and need a visual teaser. Ideally, I'd like to see a visually appealing sample app (not just a grid). Parent child type of list (treeview). Sounds like a great tool, but need to see the candy in action. -- PB10.2 Thank you, R.Chauvin I'm not aware of any sites for this, but I think that is a good idea. In the meantime have you checked out the code examples available on CodeXchange? http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com/ Re...

Can I Execute An ASP.NET 1.1 Application's ASPX Page By Using Server.Execute From An ASP.NET 2.0 Application's ASPX Page
Hi All,Can someone help on this?I have 2 ASP.NET applications, 1 built in 1.1 and the other on 2.0In 1 of the aspx pages in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I do Server.Execute and call another aspx page which is part of the ASP.NET 1.1 application. On doing this, I get this error: Invalid path for child request. A virtual path is expected.Is there any solution for this except for using Response.Redirect (WHICH I CANT USE). If not then can someone suggest a wayout for this:Whenever a new user signs up in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I need to create a new user in my ASP.NET 1.1...

Porting an ASP .NET 2.0 web site to an ASP .NET 2.0 with Ajax web site
Hi.I have been developing a project in ASP .NET 2.0, which I am now trying to port to an Ajax web site project. I am using a SQL Server database, and also the login controls - login, loginstatus and loginname. Everything is laid out in panels which are showed and hidden as needed. I found that on porting (steps described below), the new site launches, but it does not behave as expected. For instance, 1. the loginstatus control always shows the user as logged in. Even clicking on it to log out doesnt change to logged out state. 2. the calls I am making to the database are not executing at all...

Configuring web stie "http://Localhost/Trunk' to ASP.NET 2.0 failed. You may need to manually configur this site for asp.net 2.0 in order for your site to run correctly."
Actully i m getting error that is "Configuring web stie "http://Localhost/Trunk' to ASP.NET 2.0 failed. You may need to manually configur this site for asp.net 2.0 in order for your site to run correctly." when i  m configuring my site with IIS i m new in asp.net so i have no idea, ... so please let me know how to do this....thanks,waiting for ur possitive reply...kaushikkaushikb2005@yahoo.co.in  In IIS, get the website properties up, go to the ASP.NET tab and check the "ASP.NET version" dropdown field.  Is it showing 2.0.50727?  I...

Migrating ASP.NET 2.0 web app to ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Enabled web app (Urgent)
Hello,  I have a question regarding the migration from ASP.Net 2.0 applicaiton to ASP.Net AJAX application. Development Environment:  Visual Studio.Net 2005 (Framework ver. 2.0) ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0 (ASPAJAXExtSetup.msi installed) Windows XP Pro,  SQL Server 2000 Server:                              Windows 2003 Server IIS 6.0 Question:  Can I simply create a new ASP...

tree DW coming in DW.NET 2.0?
Hi Not sure if this has been asked, but is a tree view control coming with DW ..NET 2.0? Thanks JC Yes, the TreeView DataWindow will be part of the next release. WinForms will be introduced first, followed by webforms in a subsequent release. On 26 Jul 2005 18:05:38 -0700, "JC" <dwnoob@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >Not sure if this has been asked, but is a tree view control coming with DW >.NET 2.0? > >Thanks > >JC > ...

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

Does DW.Net 2.5 work with .Net 3.0?
Thanks It will work with .NET 3.0 but it uses .NET 2.0 classes. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 12 Sep 2007 10:39:02 -0700, "luiz silva" <luiz.silva@turner.com> wrote: >Thanks > ...

Web resources about - Height of Rows in Web DW's (DW.NET 2.0) - sybase.datawindow.net