Drop down datawindow within a datawindow

I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored
procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the
fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The
intent is that for these fields there will be multiple
values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow.

For example, a record in the window might have
Name   Address   Medical Code
Medical code would also be a drop down list box with
multiple values.

Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9?
What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary?

Thanks
-1
James

Please post this question in the powerbuilder.datawindow newsgroup as
this group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

DataWindow .NET Webcast Series
Register today at:
http://response.sybase.com/forms/DWNETTechnicalWebcastSeries

Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5 Today!:
www.sybase.com/datawindow.net

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

Vote for DataWindow .NET!
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

On 25 May 2005 05:31:41 -0700, James MacDonald wrote:

>I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored
>procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the
>fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The
>intent is that for these fields there will be multiple
>values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow.
>
>For example, a record in the window might have
>Name   Address   Medical Code
>Medical code would also be a drop down list box with
>multiple values.
>
>Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9?
>What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary?
>
>Thanks

0
dfish

Drop down datawindow within datawindow
I have a datawindow that is attached to a PL/SQL stored procedure that is supposed to list records. Several of the fields in the list are identified as Style DropDownDW. The intent is that for these fields there will be multiple values available by using a vertical scroll bar and arrow. For example, a record in the window might have Name Address Medical Code Medical code would also be a drop down list box with multiple values. Is there a simple way to implement this in Powerbuilder 9? What kind of PB coding constructs would be necessary? Thanks Generally, the steps are: ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow Within DataWindow

Drop Down Datawindow issues in Datawindow
We recently moved from version 8.0.3 9704 to 8.0.3 9977. Since this move we have had nothing but grief with DropDownDatawindow style columns. Basically - we have columns that are dropdowns that the user can enter their values into or, scroll down and select from. We then have code that verifies that the value entered in the column exists in the drop down list (i.e. is the data entered by the user valid). When we get the value from the column (using either dot notation or, getitem functions) PB is giving us the display value for the drop down NOT the code value. SOMETIMES whe...

embedding a datawindow within a datawindow
Below is a sample of the format for a report I need to create. The report will display courses that may or may not be part of group, because the people running the courses can choose from all the courses available to create their own "group" of courses. Since a course may or may not be part of a group would using an embedded datawindow for the group info work? How? Can anyone point me in the right direction? The data is coming from two tables. Thanks, Kevin CourseID CourseTitle CourseTopic EnrollMax EnrollCurrent 100145A "Sample" "Sample"...

datawindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Datawindows with child datawindows

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Web resources about - Drop down datawindow within a datawindow - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo