Deploy .Net application with datawindow .net 1.0 on win98

Hello
I had tried to install an application with datawindow .net
on win98.
I can install but application don t run ...  Is it right?
Do DW .Net works on win98 ?

Thank you.
Ste
0
Stefano

http://www.sybase.com/products/internetappdevttools/datawindownet/product_specs

 DataWindow .NET Product specifications

Supported Operating System

    * Windows 2000 Professional (SP3 or later)
    * Windows 2000 Server (SP3 or later) (for deployment only)
    * Windows XP with service pack 1

On 1 Apr 2005 00:01:38 -0800, Stefano Trotti wrote:

>Hello
>I had tried to install an application with datawindow .net
>on win98.
>I can install but application don t run ...  Is it right?
>Do DW .Net works on win98 ?
>
>Thank you.
>Ste

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Using DataWindow .NET with MSDN

Seventh Annual Sybase Tools Seminar
http://seminar.powerobjects.com/

Vote for DataWindow.Net!
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

PowerBuilder Developer's Journal:
http://sys-con.com/pbdj/

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

Running an application (developed in .NET 1.1) with ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 by changing IIS settings.
inetmgr > Application properties > ASP.NET Tab. Please let me know / point me to some documentation to know what is the difference between running an application (developed in .NET 1.1) with ASP.NET 1.1 or ASP.NET 2.0 by changing above IIS settings. Hello, If your app is developed in .NET 1.1 you should choose ASP.NET 1.1 in IIS ASP.NET tab. The new features in ASP.NET 2.0 are: New data controls (GridView, FormView, DetailsView) New technique for declarative data access (SqlDataSource, ObjectDataSource, XmlDataSource controls) Navigation controls Master pages Log...

ASP.NET under .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 combined
Main web site is running under .NET 1.1.  New added page is created using VS2005 and .NET 2.0.  Don't work, can't see the new page and I can't migrate the web site to .NET 2.0.  Can I deploy ASP.NET web page on VS2005 for .NET 1.1 application?  If so, of course, how we do that.  Thanks   It looks like you may have 2 problems: Nested, possibly conflicing web.config files -- see the following KB Article. Different versions of ASP.NET running in the same application pool. In IIS, make sure the .NET 2.0 application is assigned to a different application pool ...

[ASP.Net 2.0]
I'm starting to chage a site to ASP.Net 2.0.  I have a couple of 1.1 DataGrids that I wasn't planning to change over for a while while I learned the new controls.ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids.Is there away to get the borders to display?Thanks,Tinker  T. R. Tinker: ASP.Net 2.0 doesn't display the (cell) borders of the version 1.1 DataGrids. do u mean the designer doesnt display it  or its not displayed in the browser ? i think the New Designer doesnt display the styles and maybe its not displayed until...

How do I deploy ASP.NET that have datawindow.net ?
I have been ask many question but never have response. T_T I follow the programmer's guide and use automatic tools to generate .MSI installer. for copying the dll to the server. i did that. and restart the server. when i browse the web, its a good think no error is prompted (like before i install the .MSI). but instead, now its loading forever. just like its loading something that is so big. i wait for 30min. yet nothing happen. what is the problem actually ? thank you, folks. ...

ASP.NET 2.0 Web Application installed in IIS as an ASP.NET 1.1 application (Web Application Project)
I have a Web Application Project (newly migrated from VS2003 with VS2005-SP1) and a Web Setup Project.When I install the generated msi on a computer that has both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, the application does not start because of a tag in Web.config that does not exist in ASP.NET 2.0. When I check the ASP.NET version (right-clic on the Web Application Folder in IIS > Properties > ASP.NET) I can see that the ASP.NET version is 1.1.  i have the same kind of problem .. can any one solve it..prasant In web Setup project on Custom Action tab add in Install action next *.vbs-script:Di...

An ASP.Net 1.1 Sub-Application Inside ASP.NET 2.0 Application ?
is it possibile to create an ASP.NET application running framwork 2.0 and contain a Sub-Application running framwork 1.1 ?  i use windows server 2003 and IIS 6.  Thanks alot It's possible as long as your v2.0 web.config file doesn't contain any new features that aren't supported in v1.1.  If you have any v2.0 features in your root web.config, it will cause your v1.1 subfolder to fail.  You may want to move your root site (v2.0) to a vdir with the help of something like ISAPI Rewrite and then keep your root web.config generic so that it won't clash with...

Datawindow .NET / VS 2003 / .NET Framework 1.1
Good day. I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS .NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. Thanks. AFAIK, only the DW.Net 1.x version supported VS2003 / .Net 1.x. I don't believe that version is available anymore. On 21 Feb 2007 01:47:13 -0800, Angelo wrote: >Good day. > >I wish to ask if it would be possible to utilize >Datawindow.NET in our Development environment of VS2003 / MS >NET Framework 1.1 in a WIndows 2000 Operating System. >Thanks. Thanks a lot for ...

Error running ASP.NET 1.1 application under the subfolder or ASP.NET 2.0 application
Hi, I have created a main ASP.NET 2.0 application. Under this application folder I have created ASP.Net 1.1 appplications in the subfolders. My goal isto run the ASP.Net 2.0 apps with new menu control and on clicking individual menu I am trying redirect to different ASP.NET 1.1 apps. But while doing this I am getting  Could not load type error from the pages of ASP.NET 1.1 apps. Can any body help? Thanks         It seems your 1.1 app is not isolated enough. I am not sure how exactly did you structure pages and how do you make...

ASP.NET 1.1 Application Folder Does Not Work If It Is Inside An ASP.NET 2.0 Application Folder
Hi All,Can someone please help me with this?I have an application in ASP.NET 2.0. Inside this ASP.NET 2.0 application folder, I have another ASP.NET 1.1 application. When I try to access the 1.1 application, i get a run time error as mentioned in the end of this post. This is happening because when I try to access my 1.1 application, ASP.NET first reads the web.config file of the parent folder (ASP.NET 2.0 application), but since 1.1 does not understand the new schema of ASP.NET 2.0 web.config, it throws this error.Can someone tell me how to fix this issue. If its not possible then is t...

Web resources about - Deploy .Net application with datawindow .net 1.0 on win98 - sybase.datawindow.net

Development application for Holt golf course land open for public inspection
The developers selling 350 dwellings on disused parts of the Holt golf course have submitted their development application for public inspection. ...

Samsung Unveils the Latest Application Processor, Exynos 8 Octa, Built on 14-Nanometer FinFET Process ...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced the newest member of its Exynos family of ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...