DataWindow.NET - DataWindow Column Borders

I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update
patches.
The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
corrected.

However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get the
datawindow object column borders to render correctly when
using a Windows XP theme?

Ken
0
Ken

Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected behavior. XP
rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish 3D Lowered that you see
in earlier versions of Windows so the DataWindow was changed to
support the XP style.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:

>I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
>Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update
>patches.
>The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
>corrected.
>
>However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
>theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
>bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
>use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
>expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get the
>datawindow object column borders to render correctly when
>using a Windows XP theme?
>
>Ken

0
dfish
11/30/2005 2:46:53 PM
I'm not sure I understand.  With an XP theme the blue box SHOULD
appear for a Lowered border setting..  What setting do you have for
the border?

On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:

>I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
>Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update
>patches.
>The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
>corrected.
>
>However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
>theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
>bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
>use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
>expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get the
>datawindow object column borders to render correctly when
>using a Windows XP theme?
>
>Ken

0
Jim
11/30/2005 2:53:10 PM
Yes I'm using 3D Lowered.  I did not realize that XP changed
the rendering behavior.  Thanks.  Does this mean that there
is noway to get a 3D lowered look when using an XP theme?

> Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected
> behavior. XP rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish
> 3D Lowered that you see in earlier versions of Windows so
> the DataWindow was changed to support the XP style.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>
> >I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
> >Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft
> Update >patches.
> >The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
> >corrected.
> >
> >However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
> >theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
> >bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
> >use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
> >expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get
> the >datawindow object column borders to render correctly
> when >using a Windows XP theme?
> >
> >Ken

0
Ken
12/9/2005 12:14:47 PM
Unfortunately, no.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 9 Dec 2005 04:14:47 -0800, Ken A wrote:

>Yes I'm using 3D Lowered.  I did not realize that XP changed
>the rendering behavior.  Thanks.  Does this mean that there
>is noway to get a 3D lowered look when using an XP theme?
>
>> Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected
>> behavior. XP rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish
>> 3D Lowered that you see in earlier versions of Windows so
>> the DataWindow was changed to support the XP style.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 30 Nov 2005 02:54:46 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>>
>> >I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP
>> >Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft
>> Update >patches.
>> >The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is
>> >corrected.
>> >
>> >However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP
>> >theme the border does not render as expected; a blue
>> >bordered box is displayed.  If I configure my computer to
>> >use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as
>> >expected.  Is there something else I need to do to get
>> the >datawindow object column borders to render correctly
>> when >using a Windows XP theme?
>> >
>> >Ken

0
dfish
12/9/2005 2:30:36 PM
Actually, I think you can if you change the background color explicity
(from whatever the default 'system' color is)... at least that was
discussed at one point, I'm not sure it made it's way into the
product.

On 9 Dec 2005 06:30:36 -0800, dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com (Dave Fish
[Team Sybase]) wrote:

>Unfortunately, no.
>
>Regards,
>Dave Fish
>Sybase
>
>On 9 Dec 2005 04:14:47 -0800, Ken A wrote:
>
>>Yes I'm using 3D Lowered.  I did not realize that XP changed
>>the rendering behavior.  Thanks.  Does this mean that there
>>is noway to get a 3D lowered look when using an XP theme?
>>
>>> Are you using 3D Lowered? If so, then this is expected
>>> behavior. XP rendering has changed from the Windows 95-ish
>>> 3D Lowered that you see in earlier versions of Windows so
>>> the DataWindow was changed to support the XP style.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase

>>> Update >patches.

>>> the >datawindow object column borders to render correctly
>>> when >using a Windows XP theme?

0
Jim

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

ASP.NET and .NET
Sorry if this is basic, but thats where i'm at. What is the difference between .NET and ASP.NET? Is ASP.NET an offshoot from .NET? I'm looking to do a training course and just need some facts here. I'm a newbie web developer. Thanks Dan At its simplest level .NET to a developer usually refers to the .NET Framework, which is a set of classes that you can extend to create your software applications. ASP.NET is a way of building a web based user interface for your application using the .NET Framework. Dan. Cheers Dan, some home work required for me i think. Thanks Dan...

Net Farmers net

net send in .net

ASP.NET VB.NET to VB.NET Executable
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I could not find a more suitable section. I have several ASP.NET (using VB.NET) web pages that I have to convert to VB.NET executables. Can someone recommend a roadmap? Is this a huge task? Is it more manageable with the .NET platform? Thanks. the roadmap is to move as much code as possible out of the GUI into codebehind, and get GUI code out of code-behind. then move as much as possible into library assemblies and/or Webservices. then use the Visual Studio editor to drag and drop your new winapp gui, and easily plug in the back end....

Diffrence Between ASP.NET , VB.NET and C#.NET
please give me the explanation of diffrence b'n asp.net and vb.net is in asp.net there is no code behind file exist?  C# and VB.Net it the langauge you use to create your app.. (The code you write is either VB.Net or C#) ASP.Net is the Web framework to build web applications and ASP.Net have Web Forms, a Web Form is the .aspx file that represents a page/view. A Web Form can have a code-behind file where you put your code (written with VB.Net or C#)./Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog...

ASP.NET/ADO.NET/VB.NET Books
Can anyone suggest a good book(s) on ASP.NET, ADO.NET and VB.NET, I have familiar ASP 2.0 and have used VB 6 a few times, so I’m a total newbie, to this type of thing. Thanks Jason One free place to start is the Quickstart tutorials. They are available on the tutorials tab on this website. The best "starting out" book, IMO, is still "ASP.NET Unleashed", by Stephen Walther. This gives you an excellent introduction to all of the essentials. From there, it would depend on your needs. BTW - there is a "Book Review" forum within the ASP.NET Forums t...

Converting .net desktop application(vb.net app) to .net web application(asp.net app)
is it possible to convert/upgrad .net desktop application(vb.net application) to .net web application(asp.net application) ? If possible how? is there any extra software or wrapper for it? If possible please...Thanks..  There is no conversion software or wrappers that I know of. For the most part, you will have to rewrite it since the platforms are completely different.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Difference between ASP.Net , VB.Net & VS.Net
I'm confused, I saw two books 1- Sams Visual Basic.Net (Web Programming) 2- Sams ASP.Net How are both VB.Net and ASP.Net for web programming? and what is VS.Net ? Can anybody clear this concept plz. Regards Visual Basic .NET is a programming language that can be applied to applications in many different platforms, including Windows applications and web (ASP.NET) applications. VS.NET is Visual Studio .NET, an integrated development environment you can use to build applications. It is not required, however. You can use text editors and command line compilers, ...

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Web resources about - DataWindow.NET - DataWindow Column Borders - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo