DataWindow.Net a nominee for Best .NET Libraries / Controls

http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

only you and me who voted..

Ben
In article <d1g001d764os816f6pv5crkg558lne2hbd@4ax.com>,
NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com says...

> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> NOTE:
>
> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
> to them from there.

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Bede
2/2/2005 12:57:53 PM
Its up to 6 now, including mine. :-)

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

Vote for DataWindow .NET!

On 2 Feb 2005 04:57:53 -0800, Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be> wrote:

>only you and me who voted..
>
>Ben
>In article <d1g001d764os816f6pv5crkg558lne2hbd@4ax.com>,
>NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com says...
>>
>> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>>

>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>> TeamSybase blogs:
>> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
>> http://www.needhim.org

>> NOTE:
>>
>> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
>> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
>> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
>> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
>> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
>> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
>> to them from there.

>> DISCLAIMER:
>>
>> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>> it may not.
>>
>> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
>> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
>> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
dfish
2/2/2005 4:25:21 PM
I helped to stuff the ballot box, too...

I sure hope that they (tech magazines) do reviews of datawindow.net once 1.5
comes out.  Based on version 1.0 it might not be well received, but I see
1.5 as the more "finished product" (web capable).

Pat

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> Its up to 6 now, including mine. :-)
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> On 2 Feb 2005 04:57:53 -0800, Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be> wrote:
>
>>only you and me who voted..
>>
>>Ben
>>In article <d1g001d764os816f6pv5crkg558lne2hbd@4ax.com>,
>>NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com says...
>>>
>>> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>>>

>>> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>> http://www.teamsybase.com
>>>
>>> TeamSybase blogs:
>>> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>>
>>> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>>
>>> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>>> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>>
>>> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>>> Assisi
>>> http://www.needhim.org

>>> NOTE:
>>>
>>> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
>>> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
>>> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
>>> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
>>> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
>>> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
>>> to them from there.

>>> DISCLAIMER:
>>>
>>> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>>> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>>> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain
>>> information
>>> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>>> it may not.
>>>
>>> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>>> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>>> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>>> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>>> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
>>> the
>>> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
>>> contents
>>> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Pat
2/2/2005 6:54:58 PM
Visual Studio Magazine will review it after it goes GA. Given the lead
times of magazines it won't appear until the June or July issue. I'll
contact other publications about doing reviews. Anybody have any
suggestions for magazines?

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

Vote for DataWindow .NET!
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

On 2 Feb 2005 10:54:58 -0800, "Pat Madigan"
<patm@_nospamforme_gscutah.com> wrote:

>I helped to stuff the ballot box, too...
>
>I sure hope that they (tech magazines) do reviews of datawindow.net once 1.5
>comes out.  Based on version 1.0 it might not be well received, but I see
>1.5 as the more "finished product" (web capable).
>
>Pat
>
>"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
>> Its up to 6 now, including mine. :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
>> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>>
>> On 2 Feb 2005 04:57:53 -0800, Bede <bede_nosp@m_sofico.be> wrote:
>>
>>>only you and me who voted..
>>>
>>>Ben
>>>In article <d1g001d764os816f6pv5crkg558lne2hbd@4ax.com>,
>>>NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com says...

0
dfish
2/2/2005 7:19:46 PM
They shouldn't require a subscription to let you vote, but they do....BS

On 1 Feb 2005 18:54:47 -0800,
 in sybase.public.datawindow.net
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote:
>http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>

>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>http://www.teamsybase.com
>
>TeamSybase blogs:
>http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
>Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of Assisi
>http://www.needhim.org

>NOTE:
>
>If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
>*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
>Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
>them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
>or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
>Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
>to them from there.

>DISCLAIMER:
>
>This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>it may not.
>
>Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
>author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
>of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

Thanks, Jim
0
Jim
2/2/2005 9:02:21 PM
Supposedly to keep us from voting more than once, but it's just marketing of
course.  Let's see, I can only vote once with THAT email address... but I
have about 10 more I could use.  I predict a landslide for datawindow.net!

"Jim Madderra" <James.G.Madderra@wellsfargo.com> wrote in message
> They shouldn't require a subscription to let you vote, but they do....BS
>
> On 1 Feb 2005 18:54:47 -0800,
> in sybase.public.datawindow.net
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
> wrote:
>>http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>>

>>Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
>>http://www.teamsybase.com
>>
>>TeamSybase blogs:
>>http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>>
>>Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
>>http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>>
>>Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
>>http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>>Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
>>Assisi
>>http://www.needhim.org

>>NOTE:
>>
>>If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
>>*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
>>Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
>>them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
>>or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
>>Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
>>to them from there.

>>DISCLAIMER:
>>
>>This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>>is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>>message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>>that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>>it may not.
>>
>>Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>>of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>>Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>>products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>>views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
>>the
>>author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
>>contents
>>of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
>
> Thanks, Jim

0
Pat
2/2/2005 10:11:58 PM
What about magazins in Europe???
Here are two (german): Entwickler (Developer) and dot.net:
http://www.entwickler.com/itr/psecom,id,2,nodeid,.html

gzim

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Visual Studio Magazine will review it after it goes GA. Given the lead
> times of magazines it won't appear until the June or July issue. I'll
> contact other publications about doing reviews. Anybody have any
> suggestions for magazines?
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> On 2 Feb 2005 10:54:58 -0800, "Pat Madigan"
> <patm@_nospamforme_gscutah.com> wrote:
>
> >I helped to stuff the ballot box, too...
> >
> >I sure hope that they (tech magazines) do reviews of datawindow.net once
1.5
> >comes out.  Based on version 1.0 it might not be well received, but I see
> >1.5 as the more "finished product" (web capable).
> >
> >Pat
> >
> >"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> >> Its up to 6 now, including mine. :-)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave Fish
> >> Sybase
> >>
> >> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> >>
> >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> >> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
> >>
> >> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> >> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

0
Gzim
2/4/2005 7:48:24 AM
5 more votes to beat Infragistics....
Wait a minute, does it mean DW.Net will take over Infragistics!!!
Oh well it is all take-over and merger time.....
May be Sybase will pull it to make it the industry leader..
But unfortunately the truth that is not told about is that there are 13
other categories
that Sybase couldn't or is not competing....
VSV

wrote in message news:d1g001d764os816f6pv5crkg558lne2hbd@4ax.com...

> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> NOTE:
>
> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
> to them from there.

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
vsv
2/4/2005 11:38:00 PM
Here's an idea for a magazine article - Use datawindow.net in a MONO app -
run it on windows, then LINUX with no change to the source code... That
should get people's attention!

-Mike

"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> Visual Studio Magazine will review it after it goes GA. Given the lead
> times of magazines it won't appear until the June or July issue. I'll
> contact other publications about doing reviews. Anybody have any
> suggestions for magazines?
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> On 2 Feb 2005 10:54:58 -0800, "Pat Madigan"
> <patm@_nospamforme_gscutah.com> wrote:
>
> >I helped to stuff the ballot box, too...
> >
> >I sure hope that they (tech magazines) do reviews of datawindow.net once
1.5
> >comes out.  Based on version 1.0 it might not be well received, but I see
> >1.5 as the more "finished product" (web capable).
> >
> >Pat
> >
> >"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> >> Its up to 6 now, including mine. :-)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave Fish
> >> Sybase
> >>
> >> TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> >>
> >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> >> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
> >>
> >> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> >> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

0
Mike
2/10/2005 6:45:33 PM
I think the dw-engine wouldn't work on linux.

gzim
"Mike Dunn" <nospam_mdunn@spiritpos.com_nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Here's an idea for a magazine article - Use datawindow.net in a MONO app -
> run it on windows, then LINUX with no change to the source code... That
> should get people's attention!
>
> -Mike
>
> "Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
> > Visual Studio Magazine will review it after it goes GA. Given the lead
> > times of magazines it won't appear until the June or July issue. I'll
> > contact other publications about doing reviews. Anybody have any
> > suggestions for magazines?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dave Fish
> > Sybase
> >
> > TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
> >
> > DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> > http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
> >
> > Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> > http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
> >
> > On 2 Feb 2005 10:54:58 -0800, "Pat Madigan"
> > <patm@_nospamforme_gscutah.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I helped to stuff the ballot box, too...
> > >
> > >I sure hope that they (tech magazines) do reviews of datawindow.net
once
> 1.5
> > >comes out.  Based on version 1.0 it might not be well received, but I
see
> > >1.5 as the more "finished product" (web capable).
> > >
> > >Pat
> > >
> > >"Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message

> the
> reader
> post

> it

> contents
Sybase
> the
> that

0
Gzim
2/11/2005 9:17:00 AM
Why not, the linux PB VM is due out any day now (at least based on the
last PB futures webcast).

On 11 Feb 2005 01:17:00 -0800, "Gzim" <the_matrix_3005@gmx.net> wrote:

>I think the dw-engine wouldn't work on linux.
>
>gzim
>"Mike Dunn" <nospam_mdunn@spiritpos.com_nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Here's an idea for a magazine article - Use datawindow.net in a MONO app -
>> run it on windows, then LINUX with no change to the source code... That
>> should get people's attention!
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> "Dave Fish [Team Sybase]" <dfish@_no_spam_sybase.com> wrote in message
>> > Visual Studio Magazine will review it after it goes GA. Given the lead
>> > times of magazines it won't appear until the June or July issue. I'll
>> > contact other publications about doing reviews. Anybody have any
>> > suggestions for magazines?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Dave Fish
>> > Sybase
>> >
>> > TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>> >
>> > DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> > http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>> >
>> > Vote for DataWindow .NET!
>> > http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

>once
>> 1.5
>see

>of

>will
>> the
>> reader
>> post

>that
>> it

>> contents
>of
>Sybase
>> the
>> that

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Vote for DataWindow.Net!
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

PowerBuilder Developer's Journal:
http://sys-con.com/pbdj/

[...]

2/11/2005 4:45:25 PM
Well, the Linux VM and DW.NET are separate, but I don't think it's
infeasible, but the existence of the Linux VM isn't going to
immediately allow use of DW.NET.

On 11 Feb 2005 08:45:25 -0800, "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]"
> [...]

>DISCLAIMER:
>
>This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
>is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
>message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
>that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
>it may not.
>
>Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
>of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
>Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
>products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
>views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
>author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
>of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

Datawindow.NET control on ASP.NET Webform
Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I import DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. your help and insight is highly appreciated. Thanks, Hi, I am new to power Builder and power script. I like to request for information on how can I use imported DataWindow.NET control from power builder Tool into a Visual Studio 2008 as a Add-On to build/Develop a web application. Like to know the feasibility of using it on a web form and customisi...

Datawindow.Net in ASP.Net
It is a Power builder to ASP.Net migration project. As per my analysis, the PBL should be mapped to the datawindow.net control to get the functionality of the existing PB datawindow and can convert the PB code to .net code. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I would like to know whether we can use datawindow.net control without PBL just like datagrid. In datagrid we could bind the dataset as a datasource and populate the records. Is this possible using datawindow.net? Datawindow is nothing but it stores queries/stored proecedures. Incase i want to change the queries after mi...

ado.net or/and datawindow.net
Hi, Can datawindow.net work with Sybase's ado.net or are they not compatible with each other. We have two separate groups of developers, one group develops web apps using ASE as the back end for the data, so they use a combination of Visual Studio ..NET and Sybase's ado.net to do their work. We have another group that develops client/server apps using Powerbuilder, but since 80% of their work is in writting reports using Powerbuilder, I was wondering if they could use a combination of datawindow.net and ado.net to put make these reports available on the web through ...

Power Builder
Hi Like to know how to add-on / use DataWindow.NET control from PowerBuilder Tool in ASP.NET Webforms. wanted to develop a web based application(ASP.NET) by using DataWindow.NET controls that are developed using PowerBuilder Development Tool. please refer http://www.sybase.com/products/development/datawindownet I believe it can be achieved by adding DataWindow.NET as an third party add-on in Visual studio. Thanks,-- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Have contaced Sybase support and got good resources out lined below. I'd start with this: http://powerbuilder.s...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). ...

How do I deploy ASP.NET that have datawindow.net ?
I have been ask many question but never have response. T_T I follow the programmer's guide and use automatic tools to generate .MSI installer. for copying the dll to the server. i did that. and restart the server. when i browse the web, its a good think no error is prompted (like before i install the .MSI). but instead, now its loading forever. just like its loading something that is so big. i wait for 30min. yet nothing happen. what is the problem actually ? thank you, folks. ...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

MS .Net Gridview vs DataWindow.Net
Hello. I thought I would write "my two cents" about the Datawindow and the supplied GridView control in .Net 2005. I have been reviewing the DataWindow.Net functionality. My background is Powerbuilder programmer and current C# .Net developer. Having written Asp.Net applications using the GridView, it is safe to say that the DataWindow.Net is far superior control. The Microsoft community has no concept of what a "Datawindow" is. The idea of displaying/editing/adding/deleting records in a form with one save command is a foreign concept. The Gridview contro...

DataWindow.NET not on ASP.NET web site
On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be listed there! Thanks for bringing this to our attention Bob. -- John Strano Sybase Technology Evangelist <Bob Bowles> wrote in message news:45369821.492e.1681692777@sybase.com... > On the ASP.NET web site, there is a Control Gallery in the > Resources section of the site. DataWindow.NET should be > listed there! ...

Problem VB.NET 2003 and DataWindows.net
Greetings: When trying to add manually DataWindows.net 2.0 control to my Vb.Net 2003 studio I get the following message: DataWindowInterop.dll is not a Microsoft.Net module I get the same error when trying to add DataWindow.dll Can someone advise how to resolve this problem? Thanks Hello, I am having the exact same problem. Is it even possible to use Datawindow 2.0 in Vb.Net 2003? If so what's the trick? DW .NET installed fine but the controls on the tool box don't show up. I tried adding DLL's both ways as a .NET and a COM component but neither worked. Any ...

Datawindow .Net and Web Matrix ASP.Net
Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of VS.Net? DataWindow .NET 1.0 does not support WebForms applications. Version 1.5 which should be available in Beta by the end of this month should work with WebMatrix. We'll have to make sure we test that platform. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 3 Nov 2004 17:42:43 -0800, Robert A wrote: >Can I use Datawindow.NET with Microsoft WebMatrix instead of >VS.Net...

DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET #2
It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? When I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I can't see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, Datastore,...). No, it is not possible. DW .NET has an unmanaged code layer that is not applicable to CE .NET. On 31 Jan 2005 04:01:10 -0800, nagyj wrote: >It is possible to use DataWindow .NET for Windows CE .NET? >When >I create a Smart Device Application project for Visual C#, I >can't >see the Datawindow .NET controls (DW control, >Datastore,...). Checkout Sybase'...

Deploying .Net application with datawindow .Net objects
Hi I=92ve been testing datawindow .net for our company by building a small working application using the Datawindow .Net tutorial. It works great (both from the VS interface and the compiled solution .exe) and was easy to create. My next test is to try and deploy this application to another machine, which has the .Net (1.1) environment but no Powerbuilder or Visual Studio. I built my solution and placed these files, all in one folder, on this other machine: datawindow.dll datawindow.xml DataWindowInterop.dll MSVCP71.DLL MSVCR71.DLL PBDATA100.dll PBDWN100.DLL PBO10100.D...

Web resources about - DataWindow.Net a nominee for Best .NET Libraries / Controls - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo