Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow

Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows
in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105
from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow
through debug it returns 1 row.  Please help!
0
jfinnell

Check RowCount after Retrieve.

Yossi Dallal

<jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows
> in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105
> from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow
> through debug it returns 1 row.  Please help!

0
Yossi
6/16/2005 6:00:00 PM
I check the rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow
designer and sql server return 105 rows

> Check RowCount after Retrieve.
>
> Yossi Dallal
>

> <jfinnell> wrote in message
> > news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... Is there a
> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the
> > datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105
> > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow
> through debug it returns 1 row.  Please help!

0
jfinnell
6/17/2005 3:25:58 AM
Ok, Check the SQL syntax with  dw_1.GetSqlSelect()  to verify that you use
the expected Datawindow object.
Don't suspect that it is because of the debug environment.

Yossi Dallal

<jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b242c6.2a96.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I check the rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow
> designer and sql server return 105 rows
>
>> Check RowCount after Retrieve.
>>
>> Yossi Dallal
>>

>> <jfinnell> wrote in message
>> > news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... Is there a
>> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the
>> > datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105
>> > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow
>> through debug it returns 1 row.  Please help!

0
Yossi
6/17/2005 9:44:37 AM
The dw_1.GetSqlSelect returns the proper select, while in
debug I copied what it returned to SQL Server and it
returned 105 rows.  I also created a windows form app.
Added a regular datawindow there and it returned all
rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and rowcount =1 when
I bring it through the web app with a web datawindow......
Julie

> Ok, Check the SQL syntax with  dw_1.GetSqlSelect()  to
> verify that you use  the expected Datawindow object.
> Don't suspect that it is because of the debug environment.
>
> Yossi Dallal
>

> <jfinnell> wrote in message
> news:42b242c6.2a96.1681692777@sybase.com... >I check the
> > rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow designer and
> sql server return 105 rows >
> >> Check RowCount after Retrieve.
> >>
> >> Yossi Dallal

> a >> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in
> the >> > datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls
> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the
> datawindow >> through debug it returns 1 row.  Please
> help! >>

0
jfinnell
6/17/2005 7:10:43 PM
PMJI.  By any chance do you have a filter on the datawindow?  If that's not
it, how many rows do you get when you preview the datawindow in the
Datawindow Designer?  (I wasn't clear on whether you tested this particular
datawindow with winforms, or a different one.)  Just trying to determine if
the datawindow itself is ok.

Pat

<jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b32030.56e4.1681692777@sybase.com...
> The dw_1.GetSqlSelect returns the proper select, while in
> debug I copied what it returned to SQL Server and it
> returned 105 rows.  I also created a windows form app.
> Added a regular datawindow there and it returned all
> rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and rowcount =1 when
> I bring it through the web app with a web datawindow......
> Julie
>

>> Ok, Check the SQL syntax with  dw_1.GetSqlSelect()  to
>> verify that you use  the expected Datawindow object.
>> Don't suspect that it is because of the debug environment.
>>
>> Yossi Dallal
>>

>> <jfinnell> wrote in message
>> news:42b242c6.2a96.1681692777@sybase.com... >I check the
>> > rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow designer and
>> sql server return 105 rows >

>> a >> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in
>> the >> > datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls
>> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the
>> datawindow >> through debug it returns 1 row.  Please
>> help! >>

0
Pat
I have tested through datawindow designer, windows forms,
Microsoft sql server all come back with 105 rows.  The
webform with the webdatawindow control returns 1 record
Thanks,  any ideas.
Julie
> PMJI.  By any chance do you have a filter on the
> datawindow?  If that's not  it, how many rows do you get
> when you preview the datawindow in the  Datawindow
> Designer?  (I wasn't clear on whether you tested this
> particular  datawindow with winforms, or a different one.)
>  Just trying to determine if  the datawindow itself is ok.
>
> Pat
>
> <jfinnell> wrote in message
> > news:42b32030.56e4.1681692777@sybase.com... The
> > dw_1.GetSqlSelect returns the proper select, while in
> > debug I copied what it returned to SQL Server and it
> > returned 105 rows.  I also created a windows form app.
> > Added a regular datawindow there and it returned all
> rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and rowcount =1
> > when I bring it through the web app with a web
> > datawindow...... Julie
> >

> >> Ok, Check the SQL syntax with  dw_1.GetSqlSelect()  to
> >> verify that you use  the expected Datawindow object.
> >> Don't suspect that it is because of the debug
> environment. >>
> >> Yossi Dallal
> >>

> >> <jfinnell> wrote in message
> >> news:42b242c6.2a96.1681692777@sybase.com... >I check
> the >> > rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow
> designer and >> sql server return 105 rows >

> there >> a >> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve
> all rows in >> the >> > datawindow control, The sqlselect
> statment pulls >> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL Server. But
> When I run the >> datawindow >> through debug it returns 1
> row.  Please >> help! >>

0
jfinnell
6/17/2005 9:39:47 PM
Check the RowsPerPage property on the Web DataWindow control in Visual
Studio, or the Rows Per Page property on the Web Generation tab for
the DataWindow in the DataWindow Designer. It sounds like it is set to
one. It should be 0 if you want all rows.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

DataWindow .NET Webcast Series
Register today at:
http://response.sybase.com/forms/DWNETTechnicalWebcastSeries

Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5 Today!:
www.sybase.com/datawindow.net

DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com

Vote for DataWindow .NET!
http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

On 17 Jun 2005 14:39:47 -0700, jfinnell wrote:

>Hi,
>I have tested through datawindow designer, windows forms,
>Microsoft sql server all come back with 105 rows.  The
>webform with the webdatawindow control returns 1 record
>Thanks,  any ideas.
>Julie
>> PMJI.  By any chance do you have a filter on the
>> datawindow?  If that's not  it, how many rows do you get
>> when you preview the datawindow in the  Datawindow
>> Designer?  (I wasn't clear on whether you tested this
>> particular  datawindow with winforms, or a different one.)
>>  Just trying to determine if  the datawindow itself is ok.
>>
>> Pat
>>
>> <jfinnell> wrote in message
>> > news:42b32030.56e4.1681692777@sybase.com... The
>> > dw_1.GetSqlSelect returns the proper select, while in
>> > debug I copied what it returned to SQL Server and it
>> > returned 105 rows.  I also created a windows form app.
>> > Added a regular datawindow there and it returned all
>> rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and rowcount =1
>> > when I bring it through the web app with a web
>> > datawindow...... Julie

>> environment. >>

>> the >> > rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow
>> designer and >> sql server return 105 rows >

>> there >> a >> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve
>> all rows in >> the >> > datawindow control, The sqlselect
>> statment pulls >> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL Server. But
>> When I run the >> datawindow >> through debug it returns 1
>> row.  Please >> help! >>

0
dfish
6/18/2005 3:04:16 AM
Rows per page is set to 0 in both places.  Would the
connection string have anything to do with it....

ConnectString='DSN=mmgdsn;UID=sa;PWD=',RPCReBind=1,DisableBind=1
,PBUseProcOwner='Yes'
thanks for the help!
Julie

> Check the RowsPerPage property on the Web DataWindow
> control in Visual Studio, or the Rows Per Page property on
> the Web Generation tab for the DataWindow in the
> DataWindow Designer. It sounds like it is set to one. It
> should be 0 if you want all rows.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> DataWindow .NET Webcast Series
> Register today at:

http://response.sybase.com/forms/DWNETTechnicalWebcastSeries

> Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5
> Today!: www.sybase.com/datawindow.net
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> On 17 Jun 2005 14:39:47 -0700, jfinnell wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I have tested through datawindow designer, windows forms,
> >Microsoft sql server all come back with 105 rows.  The
> >webform with the webdatawindow control returns 1 record
> >Thanks,  any ideas.
> >Julie
> >> PMJI.  By any chance do you have a filter on the
> >> datawindow?  If that's not  it, how many rows do you
> get >> when you preview the datawindow in the  Datawindow
> >> Designer?  (I wasn't clear on whether you tested this
> >> particular  datawindow with winforms, or a different
> one.) >>  Just trying to determine if  the datawindow
> itself is ok. >>
> >> Pat

> app. >> > Added a regular datawindow there and it returned
> all >> rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and
> rowcount =1 >> > when I bring it through the web app with
> a web >> > datawindow...... Julie

> to >> >> verify that you use  the expected Datawindow
> object. >> >> Don't suspect that it is because of the
> debug >> environment. >>

> >> the >> > rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow
> >> designer and >> sql server return 105 rows >

> >> there >> a >> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve
> >> all rows in >> the >> > datawindow control, The
> sqlselect >> statment pulls >> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL
> Server. But >> When I run the >> datawindow >> through
> debug it returns 1 >> row.  Please >> help! >>

0
jfinnell
6/18/2005 5:47:03 AM
Rowperpage = 0 in both places.  Would the connection string
be an issue?
ConnectString='DSN=mmgdsn;UID=sa;PWD=',RPCReBind=1,DisableBind=1
,PBUseProcOwner='Yes'
thanks for the help
Julie

> Check the RowsPerPage property on the Web DataWindow
> control in Visual Studio, or the Rows Per Page property on
> the Web Generation tab for the DataWindow in the
> DataWindow Designer. It sounds like it is set to one. It
> should be 0 if you want all rows.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> DataWindow .NET Webcast Series
> Register today at:

http://response.sybase.com/forms/DWNETTechnicalWebcastSeries

> Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5
> Today!: www.sybase.com/datawindow.net
>
> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>
> On 17 Jun 2005 14:39:47 -0700, jfinnell wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I have tested through datawindow designer, windows forms,
> >Microsoft sql server all come back with 105 rows.  The
> >webform with the webdatawindow control returns 1 record
> >Thanks,  any ideas.
> >Julie
> >> PMJI.  By any chance do you have a filter on the
> >> datawindow?  If that's not  it, how many rows do you
> get >> when you preview the datawindow in the  Datawindow
> >> Designer?  (I wasn't clear on whether you tested this
> >> particular  datawindow with winforms, or a different
> one.) >>  Just trying to determine if  the datawindow
> itself is ok. >>
> >> Pat

> app. >> > Added a regular datawindow there and it returned
> all >> rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and
> rowcount =1 >> > when I bring it through the web app with
> a web >> > datawindow...... Julie

> to >> >> verify that you use  the expected Datawindow
> object. >> >> Don't suspect that it is because of the
> debug >> environment. >>

> >> the >> > rowcount and it returns 1, the datawindow
> >> designer and >> sql server return 105 rows >

> >> there >> a >> > special setting I'm missing to retrieve
> >> all rows in >> the >> > datawindow control, The
> sqlselect >> statment pulls >> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL
> Server. But >> When I run the >> datawindow >> through
> debug it returns 1 >> row.  Please >> help! >>

0
jfinnell
6/18/2005 5:50:04 AM
From the connection string I learn that you are using ODBC with
DataSourceName(DSN)= mmgdsn.
In your previous mail you are writing: "... Microsoft sql server all come
back with 105 rows".
It seems like you are running same SQL Select but on different Databases.

Yossi Dallal

<jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b3b608.5a51.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Rowperpage = 0 in both places.  Would the connection string
> be an issue?
> ConnectString='DSN=mmgdsn;UID=sa;PWD=',RPCReBind=1,DisableBind=1
> ,PBUseProcOwner='Yes'
> thanks for the help
> Julie
>
>> Check the RowsPerPage property on the Web DataWindow
>> control in Visual Studio, or the Rows Per Page property on
>> the Web Generation tab for the DataWindow in the
>> DataWindow Designer. It sounds like it is set to one. It
>> should be 0 if you want all rows.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> DataWindow .NET Webcast Series
>> Register today at:
>>
> http://response.sybase.com/forms/DWNETTechnicalWebcastSeries
>>
>> Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5
>> Today!: www.sybase.com/datawindow.net
>>
>> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
>> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
>>
>> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
>> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/
>>
>> On 17 Jun 2005 14:39:47 -0700, jfinnell wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >I have tested through datawindow designer, windows forms,
>> >Microsoft sql server all come back with 105 rows.  The
>> >webform with the webdatawindow control returns 1 record
>> >Thanks,  any ideas.
>> >Julie
>> get >> when you preview the datawindow in the  Datawindow
>> one.) >>  Just trying to determine if  the datawindow
>> itself is ok. >>

>> app. >> > Added a regular datawindow there and it returned
>> all >> rows..........  I still just get 1 row, and
>> rowcount =1 >> > when I bring it through the web app with
>> a web >> > datawindow...... Julie

>> to >> >> verify that you use  the expected Datawindow
>> object. >> >> Don't suspect that it is because of the
>> debug >> environment. >>

>> sqlselect >> statment pulls >> 105 >> > from Microsoft SQL
>> Server. But >> When I run the >> datawindow >> through
>> debug it returns 1 >> row.  Please >> help! >>

0
Yossi
6/18/2005 11:57:27 AM
I'm using SQL SERVER and use ODBC, to go in.  I followed the
example in the documentation.  I'll try going through the
sqlclient.

From the connection string I learn that you are using ODBC
> with  DataSourceName(DSN)= mmgdsn.
> In your previous mail you are writing: "... Microsoft sql
> server all come  back with 105 rows".
> It seems like you are running same SQL Select but on
> different Databases.
>
> Yossi Dallal
>

> <jfinnell> wrote in message
> > news:42b3b608.5a51.1681692777@sybase.com... Rowperpage =
> > 0 in both places.  Would the connection string be an
> > issue? ConnectString='DSN=mmgdsn;UID=sa;PWD='
> > ,RPCReBind=1,DisableBind=1 ,PBUseProcOwner='Yes'
> > thanks for the help
> > Julie
> >
> >> Check the RowsPerPage property on the Web DataWindow
> >> control in Visual Studio, or the Rows Per Page property
> on >> the Web Generation tab for the DataWindow in the
> >> DataWindow Designer. It sounds like it is set to one.
> It >> should be 0 if you want all rows.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Dave Fish
> >> Sybase
> >>
> >> DataWindow .NET Webcast Series
> >> Register today at:

http://response.sybase.com/forms/DWNETTechnicalWebcastSeries

> >> Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5
> >> Today!: www.sybase.com/datawindow.net
> >>
> >> DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange:
> >> http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com
> >>
> >> Vote for DataWindow .NET!
> >> http://sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/

> forms, >> >Microsoft sql server all come back with 105
> rows.  The >> >webform with the webdatawindow control
> returns 1 record >> >Thanks,  any ideas.
> >> get >> when you preview the datawindow in the
> Datawindow >> >> Designer?  (I wasn't clear on whether you
> tested this >> >> particular  datawindow with winforms, or
> a different >> one.) >>  Just trying to determine if  the
> datawindow >> itself is ok. >>

> in >> >> > debug I copied what it returned to SQL Server
> and it >> >> > returned 105 rows.  I also created a
> windows form >> app. >> > Added a regular datawindow there
> and it returned >> all >> rows..........  I still just get
> 1 row, and >> rowcount =1 >> > when I bring it through the
> web app with >> a web >> > datawindow...... Julie

> dw_1.GetSqlSelect() >> to >> >> verify that you use  the
> expected Datawindow >> object. >> >> Don't suspect that it
> is because of the >> debug >> environment. >>

> check >> >> the >> > rowcount and it returns 1, the
> datawindow >> >> designer and >> sql server return 105
> rows > >> >> >> >> Check RowCount after Retrieve.

> Is >> >> there >> a >> > special setting I'm missing to
> retrieve >> >> all rows in >> the >> > datawindow control,
> The >> sqlselect >> statment pulls >> 105 >> > from
> Microsoft SQL >> Server. But >> When I run the >>
> datawindow >> through >> debug it returns 1 >> row.
> Please >> help! >> >> >> >> >>

0
jfinnell

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Nested Datawindow returns the same rows for every master row
I have a SQLSelet datawindow with two nested detail datawindows. Each of the nested datawindows has exactly the same arguments. One of the nested datawindows correctly returns details for each row in the master, but the other always returns the details for the first row. Both nested datawindows return correct results when previewed. Bill Roberts (wrobert2@csc.com) ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have you tried to retrieve the data with retrieval argument? "Bill Roberts" <wrobert2@csc.com> ????...

Why only 1 row shown on Web Datawindow?
Hi, there I created a web datawindow. In its datawindow attributes, I specify 6 rows per page. In HTML preview, I do see 6 rows. But HTML page, I can only see 1 row. Is there any tricks I'm missing? Thanks for any help. Stephen ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Under the Datawindow Properties, HTML Generation Tab, specify a number in the Rows Per Page field, it defaults to 1. Hope this helps, Scott Stephen Kinchu <skinchu@bn.com> wrote in message news:#lXtvpKq$GA.286@forums.sybase.com... &...

how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow?
Hi All! Has anyone an idea how to get the number of rows of a datawindow nested in another datawindow? I have a datastore l_ds = CREATE datastore l_ds.dataobject = "d_invoice" l_ds.SetTransObject(SQLCA) li_rows = l_ds.Retrieve(... and so on I am able to access a value in the nested datawindow like this: l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[1] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[2] l_ds.Object.d_items[1].Object.item_description[3] (d_items is the nested datawindow) But I do not know how to retrieve the number of rows of the nested...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

Return datawindow result set with multiple rows in Web services
I use a PB component deployed in EAS with public functions as Web Service methods. As far as I understand: each PB function argument becomes an [in] our [inout] parameter for the Web Service method. The return function in the PowerBuilder function becomes a [out] method parameter. Suppose a simple 'request' method with one string arg. as search criteria. I have a datawindow that returns a resultset of e.g. 10 rows with 5 columns. One told me to simply retrieve the datawindow in my PowerBuilder function (using a datastore) and to return '<datastore>.Object.DataW...

Scroll row by row in a datawindow control
Hi. I have a tabular datawindow object with one group and all my data is displayed in the header group and the detail band is not visible. when i run my application and i want to scroll the data the datawindow control scrolls the data page by page and i need it row by row. How can i do this? thank you in advanced You will have to move your data into the detail band. "Row" in datawindow is contents of the detail band. Igor "Fernando Pe�a" <Fernando_Pe0xL1A4za> wrote in message news:943886BF87C590640077873785256A65.0077874785256A65@webforums.....

Web resources about - Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo