Crashing when opening a datawindow in Datawindow Designer 1.51

Hi There
My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a new or edited
datawindow (after selecting the tables in a new datawindow). Its like the PB
bug that was related to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to
fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a fairly late version but
it did not fix it. Do I have to blow away and reload DW.Net and will that
fix the problem? Its been working fine up until today..

Cheers

Brett Weaver

0
Brett

Hi Brett,

This sounds like the same issue. Did you try deleting the registry
entry?

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 9 Jan 2006 23:37:36 -0800, "Brett Weaver"
<brett_nospampleaseatweaversoftdotcom> wrote:

>Hi There
>My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a new or edited
>datawindow (after selecting the tables in a new datawindow). Its like the PB
>bug that was related to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to
>fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a fairly late version but
>it did not fix it. Do I have to blow away and reload DW.Net and will that
>fix the problem? Its been working fine up until today..
>
>Cheers
>
>Brett Weaver

0
dfish
1/10/2006 2:05:37 PM
Just in case someone else is reading this and needs the regkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\XX.0\Layout\Default

where XX is usually your PB release version.

On 9 Jan 2006 23:37:36 -0800,
 in sybase.public.datawindow.net
Brett Weaver <brett_nospampleaseatweaversoftdotcom> wrote:
>Hi There
>My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a new or edited
>datawindow (after selecting the tables in a new datawindow). Its like the PB
>bug that was related to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to
>fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a fairly late version but
>it did not fix it. Do I have to blow away and reload DW.Net and will that
>fix the problem? Its been working fine up until today..
>
>Cheers
>
>Brett Weaver

0
Berndt
1/10/2006 5:58:41 PM
It fixed the problem. The key I deleted was:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\DataWindowDesigner\1.5\Layout

Appreciate the help guys, much obliged.

> Just in case someone else is reading this and needs the
> regkey:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\XX.0\Layout
>
> where XX is usually your PB release version.
>
> On 9 Jan 2006 23:37:36 -0800,
>  in sybase.public.datawindow.net
> Brett Weaver <brett_nospampleaseatweaversoftdotcom> wrote:
> >Hi There
> >My datawindow designer crashes just before displaying a
> new or edited  >datawindow (after selecting the tables in
> a new datawindow). Its like the PB  >bug that was related
> to the layout that we had to delete a registry entry to
> >fix. I upgraded to 1.51 9004 to make sure I was on a
> fairly late version but  >it did not fix it. Do I have to
> blow away and reload DW.Net and will that  >fix the
> problem? Its been working fine up until today.. >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Brett Weaver

0
Brett

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

datawindow

DataWindow Within DataWindow

DataWindows and datawindow objects

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

PB crashes when a datawindow is opened for designing
I am running PB9.03 build 8836. I have not made any changes to any of the powerbuilder files. The other day, whenever I tried to open an existing datawindow, the PB 9 app crashed before the dw even opened. I know that the pbls are not the problem, becuase they can be opened on another computer. I have re-installed PB9 several times and can not figure out why this problem keeps happening. I was able to open all of the datawindows just a few hours before this problem started. Can someone point me in the right direction to solving this problem. This is a multi-part message in MIME form...

Web resources about - Crashing when opening a datawindow in Datawindow Designer 1.51 - sybase.datawindow.net

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo