changing column specification in datawindow

Hi

I am using the Datawindow .NET designer (version 1.5 beta2). I am displaying
a retrieval argument in a column (performed by making the retrieval argument
a datawindow computed column). The datawindow designer has set the column
specification for the column to char(1). Is there a way to make this larger,
eg: char(30)?

In my PB days, we would export, edit and import the DW. Should I be doing
that here?

0
JC

That would work, or right click on the datawindow, choose edit source,
change the 1 to  30 and save.

"JC" <dwnoob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:429e474f$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hi
>
> I am using the Datawindow .NET designer (version 1.5 beta2). I am
> displaying
> a retrieval argument in a column (performed by making the retrieval
> argument
> a datawindow computed column). The datawindow designer has set the column
> specification for the column to char(1). Is there a way to make this
> larger,
> eg: char(30)?
>
> In my PB days, we would export, edit and import the DW. Should I be doing
> that here?

0
Jack

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow
How we can change control from one column to specific column in datawindow programatically. Let's suppoose there are three column in datawindow 1: Name 2: address 3: Phone when we open the window, Tab or Cursor is on column 1 (Name) now i have one button ...i want to write code in that button...when i click that button control or tab or cursor goto the phone column. Please somebody tell me how i can do this... thanks noaman mughal SetColumn. -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Changing column specifications in external datawindow cannot be saved
I've tried several times to changed the length or number of decimal of a column in a external datawindow, the value is accepted and seems to be saved, but when I re-open the window, the values are back to the old one's. One workaround is to export, manually change the window and import, but that takes a lot of work and time. Deleting the column and creating it again, does not help. Any ideas? Thanks Other unanswerd problems.... 1) Spin control on a datecolumn does not work when the date is not selected AND the cursor is positioned at the end of the datecolumn 2) Dr...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Changing column specifications in external datawindow cannot be saved #2
I've tried several times to change the length or number of decimal of a column in a external datawindow, the value is accepted and seems to be saved, but when I re-open the window, the values are back to the old one's. One workaround is to export, manually change the window and import, but that takes a lot of work and time. Deleting the column and creating it again, does not help. Any ideas? What is the data source that you are using to initially populate the external source dw? If it's the "Data" section of the datawindow object definition, then what you d...

Changing DataWindows to match changed columns in Database
All, I have 3 columns in my Database that are being changed from integer to numeric(6,1) . I want to change all occurrences of these columns in Datawindows to the new datatype. I tried DWEAS but it did nothing. I am running PB 6.0 under Win NT 3.51. Is there a patch for DWEAS under NT ? Thank You, Rob Rambusch B4arnaclesNOSPAM@aol.com ...

datawindow and Datawindow.NET Function Comparison
Hi All! What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the dw_1.GetSelectedRow() Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function and datawindow? Thanks.in advance S. Viswanathan Look to DataWindowControl.FindNextSelected(RowNumber) method. Regards, Mikhail Klygin. Viswanathan S �����: > Hi All! > > What is the equivalent function in datawindow.net for the > dw_1.GetSelectedRow() > > Is there any listings or comparison available for datawindow.net function > and datawindow? > > Thanks.in advanc...

How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?
Hi, I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically. So I did: dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1' The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE. Someone could help me ? Thanks, Alvason Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file, since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'. If this is the case, you need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that include...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Converting datawindow objects to datawindow .Net
Hi, Can someone please list the various methods we can use to convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net object ? Thanks, Sanjay I'm lost. There's no conversion necessary. PB and DW.Net use the same datawindow objects. On 19 Feb 2007 17:46:15 -0800, Converting wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone please list the various methods we can use to >convert the standard datawindow object to a datawindow .net >object ? > >Thanks, > >Sanjay Thanks Bruce. I probably confused you but good to know that we can modify the datawin...

Web resources about - changing column specification in datawindow - sybase.datawindow.net

Publicly Available Specification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The PAS is a consultative document where the development process and written format is based on the British Standard model. Any organisation, ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Where To Find Dimensions, Specifications For Facebook Ad Units
As Facebook continues to simplify and tweak its advertising offerings, staying on top of details such as dimensions and specifications can be ...

Infographic: A visual guide to Facebook’s ad creative specifications
... should the text run? Ampush , a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer, put together a comprehensive infographic detailing the specifications ...

ASUS Transformer Prime - All Details and Specifications - YouTube
ASUS Transformer Prime - http://www.netbooknews.com/38965/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-full-details/ - Check out the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer ...

Volvo four-cylinder engines: specifications and details
New range of four-cylinder engines promises big fuel economy gains.

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 release date, specifications, pricing and photos
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is official. Its release date, pricing and specifications have been revealed.

HTC One Max Android phone (preview) Specifications - Mobile Phones - Smart Phones - Good Gear Guide by ...
The One Max has a 5.9in display, a microSD card slot, and includes a fingerprint scanner on the back *Specifications are subject to change without ...

Ford confirms Australian Mustang specifications
Details of the Australian models locked down ahead of launch.

MIX11: Microsoft updates Windows Phone 7 chassis specification to include Adreno - Pocket Gamer.biz ...
Microsoft's minimum specs for handsets looking to run Windows Phone 7 were, at the time of the platform's release, considered competitive. The ...

Agile Test Case Management – Specifications and Executable Specifications
Long gone are the relative safe topics from the first three posts in this series and we’re well into realm of dangerous with Specification and ...