Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used?

Hi all,

does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of
Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net?

If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the
datawindows be created in?  Could I for instance take an
existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in
a .net app without any modification?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Steve.
0
sjcann

Yes they can. They need to be migrated to the version of DataWindow
..NET that you are using, but the DataWindow Designer that comes with
the product will do that for you.

Note: OLE and Rich Text DataWindows are not supported in DataWindow
..NET.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 3 Sep 2007 07:55:47 -0700, sjcann wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>does anyone know if datawindows created in older versions of
>Powerbuilder can be used in datawindow.net?
>
>If they can, which version of Powerbuilder can the
>datawindows be created in?  Could I for instance take an
>existing datawindow created in Powerbuilder 7 and use it in
>a .net app without any modification?
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.
>Steve.
0
Dave

Is there any issue in creating dynamic datawindow in Datawindow.Net?
Hi I have created a datawindow object in PB10 and exported in to SRD file. In my dot.net application, I read the file into string and issued the following command to create datawindow dynamically. But it throws an methodfailureexception error as "incorrect syntax at line 18 and column 14. Dim ls_create As String Dim fs As FileStream fs = New FileStream(curFileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read) 'declaring a FileStream to open the file named file.doc with access mode of reading Dim d As New StreamReader(fs) 'creating a new StreamReader and passing the filestream...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my .NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing. I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction was called when no DataWindow object was att...

DataWindow.NET : issue using external datawindow #2
Hello, I created an external datawindow with 3 columns, but I have error messages when I want to use it in my VB.NET application : When I want to insert rows, I get the message : "InsertRow was called when no DataWindow object was attached." I set in design mode my pbl library and also the datawindow name I want to use. I also tried to set it dynamically in the code, but it changes nothing (I can see the DataWindow in design mode). I'm sure SQLCA isn't useful for this kind of DataWindow, but I also tried to set it and I get the message "SetTransaction ...

Error trying to use a datawindow created using CREATE
Should it be possible to do the following in 5.0.04: u_dw ldw integer li_Result ldw = create u_dw ldw.dataobject = "dw_test" li_Result = ldw.of_SetTransObject( SQLCA ) li_Result = ldw.retrieve() destroy ldw The of_SetTransobject fails with a -1. The following also fails: datawindow ldw integer li_Result ldw = create datawindow ldw.dataobject = "dw_test" li_Result = ldw.SetTransObject( SQLCA ) li_Result = ldw.retrieve() destroy ldw The following works: n_dw lds integer li_Result lds= create n_dw lds.dataobject = "dw_test" li_...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

How many functionality DataWindow.Net can do compared with PB DataWindow Control?
Hi all, We have a DBMS coded by PB, now we want to move it to .NET. However, data modification is rather complicated if we only use .NET native controls. We noticed that SYBASE provides DataWindow.Net control. But we don't know how much this new control can do, especailly compared with PB DataWindow. In my legacy App, we use DataWindow to manage data, in most DataWindow controls, we use DropDownDW to refer to another table, and we also use DataWindow's 'print' and 'SaveAs' functionality to print data or export data as Excel file. I don't know whethe...

Can I use an existing XSD to create a datawindow?
I have an XSD file from Revenue Canada for reporting payroll wages. Is there anyway I can import the XSD file into the datawindow I have constructed and then have as my only task mapping my columns to their elements? TIA, Bill Not yet -- this is a pending enhancement request for the XML DataWindow. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com <Bill Aumen> wrote in message news:402bfcb3.600a.846930886@sybase.com... > I have an XSD file from Revenue Canada for reporting payroll > wages. Is there anyway I can ...

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

Using Existing Powerbuilder Reports in DataWindow.Net
I have a large number of reports which were built using Powerbuilder 6.5. I would like to come up with a simple way to display these reports (and there associated criteria datawindows) on the web using an ASP.Net application architecture. I have found lots of documentation about how to use DataWindow.NET 1.5 to create new reports, but I haven't found much about porting exisitng Powerbuilder Reports. Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding this? In general, I would rather not have to create a brand new Web application for each of the existing reports (there are hundre...

Can Datawindow .NET really supports Create function?
Hi, I am testing Datawindow .NET 1.0 (Beta) to see if it is usable in my recent C# project. I prefer to store the syntax and create the datawindow by calling the Create function instead of using the PBD file. The Create function seems works fine. But when I use the InsertRow, strange things happen such as an exception System.NullReferenceException was thrown. My test code like below: // A datastore named dataStore1 has been set with a dataobject in a library string syntax = this.dataStore1.Describe("Datawindow.Syntax"); this.dataWindowControl1.Create(syntax); this.dat...

Can I use an existing XSD to create a datawindow? #2
Is this possible with current versions of PB? VSV vsv wrote: > Is this possible with current versions of PB? > VSV > > No. You can create an export template that matches the XSD, but that is a manual (and thus, error-prone) process. -- Roy ...

creating dynamic datawindow using create...
I am using the create statement to create a dynamic datawindow that will be of type Group. When a datawindow is created of type Group the title(if added to the create statement)/date/ and page numbering are automatically added. The only downfall is that the items automatically added have no names associated to them. Unfortunately I need a name to represent the line of datawindow code so that I can change x/y coordinates and other properties of the object. If you have any idea as to how i can add a name to already created datawindow syntax objects such as Text, and Computed fields ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Web resources about - Can datawindows created in Powerbuilder be used? - sybase.datawindow.net

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles