Wrong date displayed when connecting Sybase from ODBC

I am developing an application in c# and silverlight.My
backend DB is Syabse and I establish connection vis
ODBC.When I fetch records for a particular year -1991,The
fetch date is a hour earlier.(i.e)Say I have a table 1 and
acolumn Date 1.The value in Date 1 is 3/31/1991 12:00 AM.The
date returned is 3/30/1991 11:00 PM.I cannot replicate this
behaviour in Anywhere interactive SQL nor in Access DB.I
have also tried using Native ODBC driver but the same
problem persist.Note:The date from 3/11/1991-4/7/1991 only
display wrong date.Other dates are fetched correctly.Any
Idea what is causing this? and how this can be resolved?
0
Priyanka

Is the backend Sybase ASA  or ASE?
For ASA you'll have better luck with the ASA group
(public.sqlanwhere.general)

For ASE maybe post some code so we can see how you're doing this?

Thank you,

-Paul

-Paul
<Priyanka> wrote in message news:4bfc058f.394a.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am developing an application in c# and silverlight.My
> backend DB is Syabse and I establish connection vis
> ODBC.When I fetch records for a particular year -1991,The
> fetch date is a hour earlier.(i.e)Say I have a table 1 and
> acolumn Date 1.The value in Date 1 is 3/31/1991 12:00 AM.The
> date returned is 3/30/1991 11:00 PM.I cannot replicate this
> behaviour in Anywhere interactive SQL nor in Access DB.I
> have also tried using Native ODBC driver but the same
> problem persist.Note:The date from 3/11/1991-4/7/1991 only
> display wrong date.Other dates are fetched correctly.Any
> Idea what is causing this? and how this can be resolved?

0
Paul

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC connect to sql server , don't display wrong password dialogue
my application appends some string to the password so that users do not attempt to logon to the sql database directly using their password. when ever users connect to the application using a connect to sqlca; with a wrong password, a dialogue by the odbc driver is returned, i rather it be controlled by power builder itself (ie: return error message) 1st dialogue "Connection failed: SQLSTate: '28000' Sql Server Error: 18456 [Microsoft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for user 'myuser'. [OK] 2nd dialogue Sql Server Login Datasource...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

CONNECTION ODBC
EXCUSE ME , I'M NEW IN POWER BUILDER, AND I GET A PROBLEM WHEN THE USER MAKES AN ERROR WHEN HE WRITES HIS PASSWORD, AN ODBC DIALOG OPENS,AND I DON'T WANT IT, I WOULD LIKE ONLY THE MESSAGE APPEARS, THANK YOU Use ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT' For example, // Profile Test Cases SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=ASA 8.0 Sample;UID=dba;PWD=sql',ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMP T'" -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere ...

ODBC Connection
when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a compiled executable i get the following error message DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation could some one tell me how to solve the problem Barretto VN http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47750 On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:08:21 -0800, "vnb" <vnb400@hotmail.com> wrote: >when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a >compiled executable i get the following error message > >DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation > >...

ODBC connection
I want to know how to make an odbc connection using php code. Please send suggestions. Thanks. http://www.go4kpo.com http://www.datadirect.com/developer/odbc/using_php_odbc/index.ssp...

ODBC connect
Hello, I'm trying to connect to a database using an ODBC driver through Powerbuilder. The connectstring is not specified in the transaction object before I attempt to connect, so the select the appropriate DSN popup window comes up. After you select an item(profile) from the list, is there any way to retrieve/capture this entry that was just selected? either during or after the connection succeeds? Thanks in advance, Eric you can via a external function call to SQLGetInfo in the ODBC API. On 21 Mar 2005 12:44:33 -0800, "Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hot...

ODBC (DSN) Connection
I've done a search on this forum and on google and didn't find answers to help me along. I'm trying to connect to a DSN and display some info and the page renders blank. Your help is greatly appreciated. Here's the code: <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc"%> <script language="VB" runat="server"> Public Function selectOdbcSrvRows(dataSet As DataSet, connection As String, query As String) As DataSet dim objConn as New odbcConnection ("DSN=Test;Uid=u...

Connect ODBC
Hi all, When I try to connect to a SQL anywhere 10 database through ODBC with the instruction Connect using SQLCA; If the user and password supplied by the user in the script are not correct then the client Library Login dialog box displays to prompt for the missing or wrong information. Is any way to avoid that? I just want that my program asks 3 times for the correct user and password and then quit. Thanks a lot. Lookup ConnectOption in the PB help file. You'll want the option SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT. <Manel> wrote in message news:486ebc1b.2afd.1681692777@syb...

ODBC Connectivity
On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). Help! Joe wrote... > On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC > adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. > > I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. > > (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). I can't find anything on that in the Tech Support database...

PowerDynamo and Open Client connections vs ODBC connections
Lance, Carson and Larry - Based upon a previous thread I posted regarding ASA and ASE environments for our website DB and the issues we were having, I took your advice and did the following: 1. Generated our website DB in an ASE 11.9.2 environment instead of ASA 6.0.2 2. Established an Open Client connection profile to the web DB instead of using ODBC. 3. Created an Open Client connection from the website to the ASE 11.9.2 primary database. Here's is what is happening now!:( - Please see the attachment! Summary: PD pages executing stored procedures under an Open Cl...

ODBC Cannot Connect
Hi team Our current environment is ASE 11.5.1, coupled with PowerDynamo 3.0, Powersite 7.1, Jaguar CTS 3.0, running on WINNT 4.0.(sp4) WE have a powerbuilder .pbl object being accessed by Jaguar, he PB object is connecting to ASE 11.5 to retrieve information and jaguar then formats and publishes. This environment is running O.K but I have replicated the setup on another server and installed ASE 12.0 and the system no longers works, I receive the following error message - ERROR: Retrieve Failed = -1 ***** Cannot connect! An invalid handle was passed in a call to the dat...

not connected when I am connected

Web resources about - Wrong date displayed when connecting Sybase from ODBC - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...