Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed

I have applied the information contained in support document
10447954.  That did not resolve the problem.  I am running a
simple query with one criteria and one table

Thanks.
0
Bill

Hi Bill,

The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so
you might
have a completely different problem.

The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or
prior
since the message indicates CtLib info.  You might want to post more
details
involved with getting to this error.

You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver,
including Open Client.
You also might consider trying the tds based ODBC driver from the OCS
12.5 SDK.

pv

Bill wrote:

> I have applied the information contained in support document
> 10447954.  That did not resolve the problem.  I am running a
> simple query with one criteria and one table
>
> Thanks.
0
odbcpse
1/5/2004 6:09:10 PM
pv,

Thanks for responding.  I do not know what you are talking
about when you mentioned the "tds based ODBC driver
from the OCS 12.5 SDK" or how to get it.  Specifically, what
are tds, OCS, and SDK?  I have two different ODBC
connections set up.  One is supposed to be 11.5 (File
version 03.01.0004 on the ODBC driver about tab) and the
other is supposed to be ASE 12.5 (File version 03.70.0021 on
 the ODBC driver about tab).  I am afraid that I do not know
where to find the version number for "Open Client".

The only other detail that I can think of as to "How I get
there" is the SQL statement which is as follows:

SELECT dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.rct_ack_nbr,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.intel_site_nbr,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.wis_site_id,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.wybll_nbr,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.po_nbr,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.dck_dt,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.pk_lst_ref_nbr,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.rcpnt_ww_id,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.shp_dt,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.shp_via_dsc,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.wis_intel_site_nm,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.lst_upd_dt,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.src_app_sys_nm,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.plnt_cd,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.docmntd_wgh_qty,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.docmntd_wgh_uom_cd,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.received_tms,
dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.carton_cnt_nbr
FROM dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis
WHERE (((dbo_vb_mdw_frght_rct_wis.rct_ack_nbr)=631915));

I would love to load a new driver but I need to know which
one and where to find it.

Thanks for taking a stab at it,

Bill

> Hi Bill,
>
> The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for
> DirectConnect product) so you might
> have a completely different problem.
>
> The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client
> Library based) or prior
> since the message indicates CtLib info.  You might want to
> post more details
> involved with getting to this error.
>
> You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC
> driver, including Open Client.
> You also might consider trying the tds based ODBC driver
> from the OCS 12.5 SDK.
>
> pv
>
> Bill wrote:
> >
> > I have applied the information contained in support
> > document 10447954.  That did not resolve the problem.  I
> > am running a simple query with one criteria and one
> > table
> > Thanks.
0
Bill

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

Error using OdbcDataReader.ExecuteReader and Parameters...ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable
This seems to be a common problem but I have not seen any answers yet on this board.   I am porting over to using odbc because I have no choice with my Hosting company,  I was using basically the same code with the SQLDataReader and SQLCommand object and it was fine.  The below code will generate the error.  Help !! Unexpected exception: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable '@Role'.. string sql = String.Empty ;sql = "Select * from Associate where Role=@Role and Exit_Date > @Exit_Date";string connString = getConn...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation
EAS 3.61 C2 with PB 7.03 components, datawindows and nvo's. Powerdynamo 3.5.2. ODBC connection cache that works. This is an application port from a NT 4.0 server to a Window 2000 Server. The whole application works fine, through CORBA and 7 NVO's with at least 20 other datawindows that I have tested. The ONLY offending datawindow causing 'Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation ' is called from a browser **************************************************************************** ********* dwB...

ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
We are experiencing intermittent, unexplained errors with the following text: "ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." There are absolutely no errors in the error log when these errors occur. Our server is accessible immediately before and after, but the various components cannot connect when these split-second errors occur. Here is our current version info: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.1/P/SWR 9264 ESD 3/Sun_svr4/OS 5.6/1629/32bit0 Fingers are pointing at me and the database ("Hey, I can't connec...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all
When i enter log in, I get the following error page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the err...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #4

Web resources about - Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed - sybase.connectivity.odbc