VB dsn-less connection?

How to make a Visual basic dsn-less connection to ASE 12?

Here are the parameters.

user id = myid
user pw = mypw
database = db1
server = SYBSERVER1
networkaddress = SYBSERVER1.XXXX.com,3400
IP Addr = 111.111.11.111

nmr

If you create a DSN and look it up in the registry you will have the
attribute names for these
particular attributes.

Then when you create the conencitons string:

ConnString = {Driver=Sybase ASE ODBC
Driver;UserID=myid;Password=mypw;Database=db1;etc....

Since you show networkaddress I can tell you are using ODBC 12.5 - tds
based.
That attribute name you wil find in the reg...

pv

nmr wrote:

> How to make a Visual basic dsn-less connection to ASE 12?
>
> Here are the parameters.
>
> user id = myid
> user pw = mypw
> database = db1
> server = SYBSERVER1
> networkaddress = SYBSERVER1.XXXX.com,3400
> IP Addr = 111.111.11.111
>
> Thanks
0
odbcpse

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

DSN Less ODBC Connection
Why is this Code not working? If ra_trusted = true Then lst_connectionstring ="ConnectionString='Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" + ra_server +";DATABASE=MASTER;Trusted_Connection=True'" Else lst_connectionstring ="ConnectionString='Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" + ra_server + ";DATABASE=MASTER;UID=" + ra_user + ";Pwd=" + ra_pwd + "'" End if TRY //Set Connection Options SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = lst_connectionstring // And no...

not connected when I am connected

How to connect DBClient using a DSN-less connection in a VB5 App
I have a VB5 app connecting to SLQ Anywhere without a data source name - no problem. I am changing the app to a multi-user environment using SLQ Anywhere Server & SQL Anywhere Client. I can connect with a DSN - no problem; the ODBC dialog screen comes up. I don't want to setup a DSN on all the machines in the office if I don't have to. We are running Novell (I think 3.1, maybe 4.0) Here is the code for the standalone version DSN-less- works fine. RDOConnect = "UID=rico;PWD=rico;DBF=" + DBPath + "\ricoapp.DB;DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DSN=&#...

ODBC dsn-less Connection string problem
Hello all, I have a webservice built with .NET 2003, that is running at a remote client site, that is running SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0.3. For some reason the WebService is unable to connect to their database. I tested on my dev box with SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0 with no problems, however; at the client site is returns the error: ERROR [08001] [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] Invalid connection string attribute Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] In...

ODBC-less Connection from VB 5.0
I have a large VB 5 app running SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4 on Novell 4.1. We currently connect through a Data Source Name. I would love to not have to configure ODBC at the work station (50 + Servers, 500 workstations in a spread out network). I tried this connect string to no avail. sCnct = "driver={Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0};server=" & sDBName & ";database=" & sDBName & ";UID=" & sUser & ";PWD=" & sPass & ";dsn='';" Set m_En = rdoEnvironments(0) Set m_cn = m_En.OpenConnection(dsName :=&qu...

ODBC
Hello everyone: I deployed SQL Anywhere 9 and have set up DSN's to access the db properly. I have a need to restrict access to the database to "read-only" if accessing outside the main application. I am concerned about savvy users being able to link to the DB tables via MS access provided they know the DSN name. What I want to be able to do is: 1) keep the current DSN configuration but give the current user on the DSN "Read-Only" access 2) From within the authorized application, switch the links on all the tables to log in as another user and passw...

DSN-Less Connection String for Informix ODBC driver
------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C55C.047A470E Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Since I hadn't heard back from anyone, I did some more research and playing around and got the right combination and here are results: For DSN-Less connection string that can be used with Informix Client-SDK 2.5 ODBC driver to connect using Perl (5.005_3) on Win32, DBI, DBD::ODBC (0.28) 1. Once the Informix Client-SDK has been installed, there is a Informix Client-SDK utility called SetNet32 that has be run to set up the proper Informix vars, such as host, server, service, etc. ...

DSN-less, register-less connection?
I have the DSN-less connection ok with the following: SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;" + & "UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=c:\mydir\mydb.db;" + & "Start=c:\mydir\rteng7.exe -c 8m'" But as far as I know the 'Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;' requires a register setting, or does it? Can I get around this somehow so I don't need any register settings for a connection? "Doogie" <doogie@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:OWG942%23NDHA.364@forums-2-dub... > I have the DSN-...

DSN Less Connection using ADO in VB to SQLAny 5.x
Is their a way to create a DSNLess connection to SQL Anywhere 5.x on an NT 4.0 Server using ADO 2.x and VB 6.0? I can do this with MS SQL Server with no problems. I can do this through PowerBuilder so you should be able to do it through your tool. I don't do VB so I can't give you an example. In your connection string you'll have to indicate the name of the driver, "Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0", startup parameters, and the location of the database file. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://...

DSN-less connection to SQL Anywhere 5.0 from VB 6.0
I am trying to connect to SQL Anywhere database using ADO in VB 6.0, but without using a specific DSN. I have gotten it to work using a DSN, but am trying to provide everything the connection will need without using the DSN, as not all the computers this will run on will have the DSN. Currently running this code to make connection to SQL Anywhere database using DSN: Public adocnn As New ADODB.Connection Sub Main() Dim adoRecordset As ADODB.Recordset Dim strCnn As String Dim adoCmd As ADODB.Command Set adoCmd = CreateObject("adodb.command") Set...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

DSN-less connections
Can someone post an example of how to do a DSN-less connection to SQL Anywhere 5.5.03 from Powerbuilder? (The database is running on a server and the user connect using dbclient.) Or, explain why the database won't use the UID and PWD I provide in the 'ConnectString' when I connect using a DSN. If I store the userid and password in the DSN it works fine, but I want to get away from that because it is machine dependent. I want to connect to the database using the userid of the person who signed in. If I take the userid and password out of the DSN, it will prompt me for...

DSN less connection?
Has anyone ever created a connection to an ODBC datasource without creating an ODBC DSN? Is it possible? Yes! Kudoes to my friend Jim Egan for reminding me of this a few weeks ago. Here's an example: >SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere >6.0;UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=d:\sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere >6.0\asademo.db;Start=d:\sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere >6.0\win32\dbeng6.exe -c 8m'" In article <p2zaQx$D$GA.270@forums.sybase.com>, nospam_d.stockmann@smmj.com says... > Has anyone ever created a connectio...

Web resources about - VB dsn-less connection? - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ...
CBS Local MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in connection with the 2014 murder ... CBS Local Raksin was shot to death walking to ...