Transactions between MSSql and Sybase

Hi

Do anybody knows how too enable and use transactions between MSSql 2000 and
Sybase?
0
kuba

To go from Sybase to MSSQL Server you can use the DirectConnect for MS SQL
Server product (EnterpriseConnect
DataAccess for MS SQL Server 12.5).  This is an open server gateway that will
use MS SQL ODBC driver to connect
to MS SQL Server.  (MS SQL 6.5, 7.0 and 2000)

To go from MS SQL Server to ASE you might look at the Linked Server.  However
our ODBC vendor will
not support this configuration due to various problems.  Therefore we at Sybase
will not certify or really suggest this
particular configuration.  I usually sugest that in order to go from MS SQL
Server to Sybase ASE, you would
use some sort of Visual Basic application in the middle to handle any data
movement/manipulation,etc.

pv

kuba wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do anybody knows how too enable and use transactions between MSSql 2000 and
> Sybase?

0
odbcpse

ODBC connection to MSSQL
I'm running OES, and I have a php website that must connect to MSSQL. How do I make that connection ? I believe I need a SQL ODBC. Al alain@ustboniface.mb.ca wrote: > I'm running OES, and I have a php website that must connect to MSSQL. > How do I make that connection ? I believe I need a SQL ODBC. > > Al Please ask in one of the developer forums as this has nothing to do with NetWare. -- Cheers, Edward ...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

ODBC probelms when connecting to MSSQL
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7A364.DA68814C Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All =20 I'm trying to connect to MSSQL 2000 to execute a number of stored procedures to return values to my IVR system, =20 I have two stored procedures that work, and one that works from the ms query analyser, but when I run the perl script=20 =20 Here is the output =20 DBI::st=3DHASH(0x9816204) trace level set to 9 in DBI 1.40-ithread (pid 5721) -> execute for DBD::ODBC::st (DBI::st=3DHASH(0x9816210)~...

Connectivity for ODBC and MSSQL server
Hello, Is it possible I user both ODBC and MSSQL server in the same appliction with setting two transaction object? Thanks, Sonny. In article <3496E7DF.7AD2@erols.com>, sonnydo@erols.com says... > Hello, > > Is it possible I user both ODBC and MSSQL server in the same appliction > with setting two transaction object? > > Thanks, > Sonny. > Yes. Correct! Just assign the two transaction objects' properties with the appropriate values, then you may maintain both connections. -- John Strano [TeamPS] Have a heart, http://hom...

Trouble with odbc connection mssql
Hello everyone, I have big problem with the speed of the ODBC connection. Speed of the connectino depends of user which starts application. For examle: Main user (which usualy works on this computer) of computer open application - connection is very very slow. New user opens application - connection very fast. I'm writing about windows user. Database user has not influence. Help me please. I don't know what is going on. System: WinXP, MSSQL 2000, driver standard "SQL Server" Zbyszek Zbyszek wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I have big probl...

How to connect PB7 with MSSQL 7 Using ODBC
Hi How to connect PB7 with MSSQL 7 Using ODBC. Do I need OLE-DB interface. If yes where from I can get it. I am able to connect through PB6.5 with no problem using ODBC. Regards You should still be able to use ODBC. If you have any problems please post the nature of the problems. -Ashish Sanjay Goel <sgoel@exploremyindia.com> wrote in message news:37D94BF5.5F9FEA97@exploremyindia.com... > Hi > > How to connect PB7 with MSSQL 7 Using ODBC. > Do I need OLE-DB interface. If yes where from I can get it. > > I am able to connect through PB6....

More than one transaction over the same ODBC connection / Licence model
Hi out there, today I've got a simple question regarding licencing of multiple transaction from the same machine. With our software, we need to do more than one transaction at the same time, with the same user, from the same running application on the same machine. We didn't find something like "SQLBeginTransaction" (maybe we over-read this item) in the API, so we think, the only way to start two parallel transactions is to use "SQLConnect" twice. But when we do this, on our server console, there will be occuring two times the same use - so we expect two sq...

What is the better choice to connect MSSQL 6.5 ODBC or Nativ ?
We have a existing Application developed with PB6 and the back end is SQL-Anywhere 5.5. And now we would like to make ours Application compatible to SQL-Anywhere and MS SQL-Server 6.5. What is the better choice to connect MSSQL 6.5 ODBC or Nativ ? Is the way to connect over ODBC compatibler to SQL-Anywhere ? Any and all help, hints, tips and other advice appreciated Ralf Gehrke Compatibility issues aren't effected by the driver you use, but by whether you have used any non-ANSI, DBMS-specific commands. I don't know SQL Anywhere, but between MS SQLServer and Oracle:...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Powersite generated asp using ODBC connection to MSSQL gets error on update
I created a pretty straightforward web page with a HTML DTC on it to do a customer survey. It has non updateable information fields at top and then 5 updateable fields at bottom for rating different areas. All fields are columns from a row in a MS SQL database table. From within the Datawindow Builder I can retrieve and update ok (on my pc). When I deploy to my NT Server running IIS I can retrieve ok but when I click the Submit button to update the row I get "ERROR: Action Failed = -1 ***************************". The ODBC DSN on the server is eactly like the one on my pc. ...

Changing connection transactions to database transactions
Hi there, I have decided to move all my transaction handling from asp.net to stored procedures in a SQL Server 2000 database. I know the database is capable of rolling back the transactions just like myTransaction.Rollback() in asp.net. But what about exceptions? In asp.net, I am used to doing the following: <code>Try   'execute commands   myTransaction.Commit()Catch ex As Exception   Response.Write(ex.Message)   myTransaction.Rollback()End Try</code>Will the database inform me of any exceptions (and their me...

"Program type out of range" error connecting to MSSQL 7 via ODBC
Hi, everybody! I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.4 and MSSQL 7.0 (with SP1). When I try to connect to the database via ODBC (NOT by the native driver) I receive the ODBC error S1003: "Program type out of range". Can anybody help me? Thanks for any answer. Alberto De Sandre PB 5.0.04 won't work with MSSQL7, you need to upgrade to 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Alberto De Sandre wrote in message ... >Hi, everybody! > >I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.4 and MSSQL 7.0 (with SP1). >When I try to connect to the database via ODBC (NOT by the native driver) I ...

Urgent help for DW.NET 1.5.1 ODBC connect to MSSQL 2K Error.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub43fe783a Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I face a problem with DW.NET when initiate connection to MSSQL 2K by using ODBC but I test with ASA it has not problem. Please suggest me for this case, I testing this a client using MSSQL 2K. Thank you very much. Best regards, ---=_forums-1-dub43fe783a Content-Type: application/msword; name="DW.NET 1.5.1 ODBC connect to MSSQL Error.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attach...

Hi, I am randomly getting the following error message in my application. ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address of the server'(10048) ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP of the server' (10048) I am using .Net 2.0 with VS2005 having ODBC 3.51.14 Driver.  Can any body point out the core reasons of the above error message? Thanks. Nouman Khawaja. I do have the same problem, help me out. Thanks  If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... When I was writing an app in C# I had to download MySQL driver for connecting to MySQL DB. Try downloading the one from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/dotnet.html or google for: mysql connector netPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you well I've been using this website since a long time. And it didn't prompt this error atleast since last 6 months.Today suddenly it started to display this message.If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... Well from what I've read on mysql site this driver is old. First I would simply try to download a new driver. Wasn't the MySQL DB engine upgraded when it started to be buggy?Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you Well as I've told you that my site was in running condition since last 6 months. And it was working fine. And today i faced this problem. If the going seems e...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Connect to MSSQL
 Is there any tutorial talking how to connect MSSQL from C#? I need to let user register and check the duplication of username from DB.  Please take  a look at the data access tutorial in the learn section of this websiteJeev~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~If you get the answer to your question, please mark it as the answer....

Connection with ODBC
Hi all, I have to get information from Sybase running under Sun 2.7 from a Digital tru64 4.0f UNIX. In the Digital machine I have not any Sybase component such a open client or similar. I'm trying to get all the information available, if you have any idea or experience in this kind of connection please let me know them. Thanks, Ruben Perez ...

Connecting to MSSQL-- All about it??
I'm just starting to learn ASP.NET (3.5) and I've gotten most of it down, but my failure to use a database is realy crippling my learning ability. How do I connect to MSSQL?  I have Godaddy so they provide me with the username, password, url, etc.  If I could get a few examples for the following it would really help ALOT! Connect to database Retreive all of the contents from a certain table Get an average from a table (or column, I can't quite remember which it would be). I really have tried to get this down so don't think I'm just being a lazy...

ODBC with MSSQL
Does anyone know if there would be any problems connecting to a MSSQL 7.0 database over the Internet using both a straight MSSQL connection and an ODBC connection at the same time? Both connections would have multiple users inserting, updating, and deleting from the same tables at the same time. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I hardly ever use ODBC to connect from PowerBuilder, but do not see a problem with having multiple database connections open at the same time. When you say that both connections would have multiple users making data changes, how does ...

transaction not connected
I have an application that is supposed to run without ever needing to be restarted. The program runs at 10 or so different remote locations and is supposed to logout and login according to entries that I make in a calendar table. When the program is logged out of the database and is sitting idle for 1-45 minutes, a message box displays on the screen "System message" "transaction not connected" It looks like the program is trying to get something from the database but is logged off. Any ideas where is is coming from and how I can avoid it? Thanks, Dave Vogt djv...

ODBC connection
I want to know how to make an odbc connection using php code. Please send suggestions. Thanks. http://www.go4kpo.com http://www.datadirect.com/developer/odbc/using_php_odbc/index.ssp...

PowerDynamo and Open Client connections vs ODBC connections
Lance, Carson and Larry - Based upon a previous thread I posted regarding ASA and ASE environments for our website DB and the issues we were having, I took your advice and did the following: 1. Generated our website DB in an ASE 11.9.2 environment instead of ASA 6.0.2 2. Established an Open Client connection profile to the web DB instead of using ODBC. 3. Created an Open Client connection from the website to the ASE 11.9.2 primary database. Here's is what is happening now!:( - Please see the attachment! Summary: PD pages executing stored procedures under an Open Cl...

Transaction Not Connected
Hi All I am trying to connect to the DB (Sybase 12) through ODBC connection when I enter a wrong user name I know that the Login will fail and the Sqlcode = -1 at this point but PB8 B(9056) gives me a error message "transaction not connected" Any help about this Thanks in advance -- KPMG/Barents Group C.O. Manager Waleed Seada Thanks guys, I solve it myself /ws "Waleed Seada" <ws_spartan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4AIqamYLCHA.195@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All > I am trying to connect to the DB (Sybase ...

not connected when I am connected

Web resources about - Transactions between MSSql and Sybase - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Transaction cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bargaining costs are the costs required to come to an acceptable agreement with the other party to the transaction, drawing up an appropriate ...

Sheryl Sandberg, Peter Thiel, Mail.ru Group Involved In Notable Facebook Stock Transactions
Facebook shares were involved in some large transactions in recent days, with moves by Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg , board member ...

Twitter’s Site Upgrade Reveals New Social, Transaction Possibilities for Third Parties
Twitter has launched the biggest redesign in its company history, introducing a new interface for Twitter.com that makes it easier to share and ...

Transaction Network Services - LinkedIn
Learn about working at Transaction Network Services. Join LinkedIn today for free. See who you know at Transaction Network Services, leverage ...

DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store on iTunes
Get DocuSign Transaction Rooms (formerly Cartavi) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Transaction trends show it 50 years since cash and it is dying out
AUSTRALIAN dollars and cents turn 50 one week from today, but don’t expect notes and coins to last another 50 years.

Citigroup Blocks DraftKings, FanDuel Transactions in N.Y.
Citigroup Inc., the world’s biggest credit-card lender, is blocking transactions by New York state residents on the two biggest fantasy sports ...

Citi Now Blocking DraftKings, FanDuel Transactions In New York State
... from transacting any business with either site. The bank confirmed the news to Bloomberg this afternoon, saying that the halt on DFS transactions ...

FanDuel & DraftKings See Citigroup “Block” Transactions In NY State
... the Super Bowl, FanDuel and DraftKings suffered a major blow today as Citigroup announced that they would no longer process financial transactions ...

IBMVoice: Making Transactions More Secure In A Data-Driven, Digital Economy
The global economy runs on mainframes. And they are getting smarter and adding new security capabilities as we enter the era of cognitive computing. ...