Stored procedures and ADO

When attempting to execute a stored procedure with parameters using ADO I
get the error:

    Cannot modify implementation row descriptor.

The odbc trace indicates this is happening in a SQLSetDescField call.

This code worked using SQL Anywhere 5.x, but does not work in Adaptive
Server Anywhere 6. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Chris Madden

Connect to ODBC from a stored procedure?
Can anyone tell me how to connect to ODBC from within a stored procedure using ASE12.5? Is this even possible? Thanks, Steve Howard On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:36:35 -0700, Steve Howard wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to connect to ODBC from within a stored procedure > using ASE12.5? > > Is this even possible? Depends - what are you trying to achieve? I'm guessing: you need to fetch or store data in a third party database from your stored procedure, and that database server has an ODBC driver. If that guess is correct, then you should look at Sybase...

Re: ODBC Connection (Stored Procedure)
Hello, I'm getting a hard time in executing the stored procedure of the "Cache Post-Relational Database" in PB. I already upgrade my PB to ver 7.0 Enterprise from PB ver 6.0 Enterprise . I did some test. First, I used third party utilty - WinSQL - to test a very simple stored procedure that has no param that will return some results: call SQLUser.StoredProc_GetAll() Well, I'm having no problems with it. Going back to PB, I tried to connect via DataBase Profile -> ODBC. Making sure that I have a connection, I tried to run some simple SELECT sta...

ADO, ODBC, Stored Procedures and Open Client
Hello Using VB/ADO/ODBC, I am opening an ODBC or OLE DB connection and running two stored procedures: - the first one (procA) that returns data from a temp table - the second one (procB) that returns no row (because of the input parameters) This works well with Open Client 12.0. I am now testing my application with Open Client 12.5 (which is part of our Win2000 migration plan). The status is: - procA does not work (error message 3704 "This operation is not allowed when the recordset is closed" - procB works fine I have added the SET NOCOUNT ON statement in ou...

Executing Stored Procedure
Hello, I'm using PB 7.0 Enterprise and currently no expertise on PB. I am trying to run a stored procedure of CACHE via the "Database Profile - ODBC" connection with the following properties: Commit on Disconnect = 1 Generate Trace = 1 Qualify Stored Procedures with Owner Name = 1 The Connection Syntax: // Profile SPTest SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=SPTest;UID=_system; PWD=sys',PBUseProcOwner='Yes', ConnectOption=...

Using ADO.NET Execute Second Stored Procedure Depending of Output of First Stored Procedure
When a user logs onto the app, I capture their UserId, today's date and thier WINNT using ADO.NET calling a stored procedue-no problem. Now, once the above mention fields have been populated, when the same user logs on again and this time click their daily attendance time, I need to execute and update stored procedure-no problem. Each time the user logs onto the attendance page, they need to be able to view the previuos time stamps, on page load.- no problem The problem is that I cannot get all three to work in concert, although they will work independently, somewhat. Sotred proc...

Connect to multiple ODBC databases simultaneously in a stored procedure.
Hey! I need to copy data from a fixed length flat file, for which I created an ODBC DSN, into an ASA 9.0 table... like a PowerBuilder pipeline. But, I need to do it in a stored procedure. How do I get connected to the ODBC flat file DSN and to the ASA DSN at the same time? Thanks, Joe jm@joemellem.com wrote: > But, I need to do it in a stored procedure. How do I get > connected to the ODBC flat file DSN and to the ASA DSN at > the same time? I'm confused. The SP runs *inside* of an ASA database. So why do you need to have "two connections at the ...

corrupt data from stored procedure transferred by ADO connection
My web page connects to a Sybase ASE 12.5 database. When the results of a stored procedure are passed back to my webpage, the data is being corrupted. I have tested the sp in jsql and isql where it works perfectly. Can anyone explain what is going wrong or how I might trace the error, please? The connection is established as follows: Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConn.Provider = "DataDirect.SybaseADOProvider.2" objConn.ConnectionString = "User ID=myUser;Password=myPassword;Server Name=myServer;Initial Catalog=myDatabase;Network Protocol=...

ADO/ODBC Storedprocedure problem, "Stored procedure not found" [Edit]
I have a deal where I am connecting to an Intersystems CACHE Database. Using their drivers. In D7 and D2007, I have never had a problem up until now with this. With WINSQL I can see a list of stored procedures, these are stored procedures that the developers made on the database side. Quickbooks, and Sqluser are "packages" or something to that nature. And with WinSql it lists them out like below for example. Quickbooks.QBStatus Quickbooks.QBOpen Quickbooks.QBClose SQLUser.GetInventory SQLUser.AddPart SQLUser.UserVerify ... ... In Delphi, I've never seen it l...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

ADO.NET 2.0 - Three-tier application - connection string error
Using ASP.NET 2.0 beta, VS2005 beta 1, W2k3 server with IIS I try to build a three-tier app structure as followed: - the store procedure in SQL with a input parameter as Username and retrieve the UserId as output parameter. - the business logic (class) with connection string defined in web.config (“AppConnectionStringASPNETapp”) - the presentation aspx file after the user has logged in through login.aspx I have work out 2 scenarios with 2 different errors. Scenario 1: Here is the code is business logic (class) (catalog.cs) using System; using System.Data; usi...

Calling stored procedures, with embedded stored procs (odbc)
I'm having problems when my stored procedure calls stored procs within it. The initial call {call clinical_records..mystoredproc ('a','b', 'c', 'd') works fine if it only has to call the "outer" stored proc. But when it has to call the internal stored proc (to do more complicated logic), I get a SQL error. Any ideas? Once I call the initial stored procedure, am in out in the database with my stored proc, or am I still running this inside of ODBC? What does the the SQL statement look like in your odl ? Please post it here so we can ...

Calling a Stored Procedure from a Stored Procedure
Can you do this? I have a sp that returns a list of eligible accounts and then I use that list in other sp but I don't want to keep copying the code, I would like to be able to use it as a sub query in other sp but I don't know if this is possible or what the syntax would be. Thanks, Aaron You cannot do that directly. You can: 1. Use User defined functions which can return a resultset 2. Use a local #temp table which can hold the resultset of the called stored procedure and use this #temp table in your subsequent processing INSERT #tempTable EXEC s...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

calling a stored procedure from a stored procedure
Hi Group! I'm on ASA 8.02 Build 4411 writing sprocs in WATCOM SQL. I have a sproc which breaks a given string-parameter into pieces. It's result set contains the pieces, e.g. last line of sproc: "select item from mytable;". This sproc works fine. Now I need to call this procedure from another procedure which has a variable result set. I tried the following: <snip... set ll_retval = 0; call sp_breakstring(as_bzp,','); BreakLoop: while ll_retval <> 100 and not ll_retval < 0 loop set li_zaehler = li_zaehler + 1; fetch next sp_breakstrin...

Passing db connections? Stored procedures? Lost MySql Connection?
This is my first .net 2.0/C# web application and I have a few questions that I'm going to try and wrap up into one:Question 1: On my default.aspx page I want to display data from multiple tables within my MySql database. Do I seperate each section (one for Green Tips and one for Blogs, ie GetGreenTips()) into it's own method and open and close the db connection in each section or do I have a big section where I keep the db connection open like I did below? I'm only querying on row per section, eventually there will be four sections but right now there are two Green Tips and Blogs...

Web resources about - Stored procedures and ADO - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...