SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC Driver

Can anyone tell me where to find the SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC driver or,
failing that, are any of the newer drivers backwardly complient with SQL
Anywhere 5.5

TIA, John Butler
0
John_Butler

SQL Anywhere 5.5 is no longer supported and therefore not available.
The ODBC dirver is shipped with the product, so if you have a server, you
should have the driver as well.

An option would be to get an update to version 8, which can use database
file of older versions. That means client and server in version 8, database
file in version 5.5. But then again, if you get version 8, you might as well
update the databaseand benefit form new features.

John_Butler wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where to find the SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC driver or,
> failing that, are any of the newer drivers backwardly complient with SQL
> Anywhere 5.5
>
> TIA, John Butler

0
Bart
2/6/2003 5:03:09 PM
I found this message while doing a search for a similar problem - I
downloaded the new version and installed it.  Now when I try to connect to
the .db file from the 5.5 version I get the following:

JZ00L: Login failed.  Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for
the reason(s).
        Error code=0
        SQL state=JZ00L

ASA Error -97: Database page size too big
        Error code=927
        SQL state=01W22

The 5.5 version appears to be using a 16 bit driver - would this make the
..db file incompatible with a 32 bit program version?

TIA,

Eric
0
Eric

ODBC connection to SQL anywhere 5.5
Hello, will the ODBC drivers that come with SQL anywhere 7.0 work with SQL anywhere 5.5? If not where can I get 5.5 ODBC drivers? cheers, david. You can connect to a local 5.5 engine using the compatibility libraries that come with ASA 7.0. You could also run your 5.5 database on the 7.0 engine without problems and use the 7.0 tools to access it. The 5.5 ODBC driver comes on the 5.5 install CD. -- Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere David_Bond wrote: > Hello, > > will the ODBC drivers that come with SQL any...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC driver for Access
A customer of ours would like to do his own reports against our database schema using Access. Is there an ODBC driver for 5.5.04 or 5.5.05? Furthermore we're about to upgrade him to ASA6 - same question. Thanks! Tim Pontious Powerway Yes, SA & ASA have always been ODBC compliant SA wod50t.dll ASA6 dbodbc6.dll ASA7 dbodbc7.dll -- Ian Bater Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Please reply to newsgroup tpontious@powerwayinc.com wrote: > A customer of ours would like to do his own reports against our database > schema using Access. Is there an...

ODBC Driver for SQL Anywhere 5.5 database
Hi, where can i get the ODBC driver for sql anywhere 5.5 ? i have the powersoft metaworks product that creates a sql anywhere 5.5 db and i bought symantec cafe db edition (it has a 5.0 driver bundled, but no 5.5 driver). also, i read that drivers can no longer be added from the odbc admin tool - they have to be installed at setup - so if i get the 5.5 driver - how do i get it installed ? thanks, amy >i have the powersoft metaworks product that creates a sql anywhere 5.5 >db >and i bought symantec cafe db edition (it has a 5.0 driver bundled, but >n...

Dynamic ODBC connection to SQL Anywhere 5.5 help!
Is it possible to connect to an SQL Anywhere database dynamically via ODBC without setting any DSN? I have manage to connect to SQLAnyhere database from PowerBuilder 5.0 using the following connect string: DbParm=ConnectString='Driver={Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0};UID=dba;PWD=sql;Databasename=idb;EngineName=isd10;start=D:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 5.0\win32\dbclient.exe -x tcpip' The above settings allows me to connect to SQL Anywhere database without the need to set DSN in my ODBC registry, however it requires me to preinstall SQL Anywhere onto the PC and register t...

Problems with SQL Anywhere 5.5 and ODBC connections-HELP!!!!
Hi! Question from a SQL Anywhere 5.5 - newbie : I'm having a big problem with SQL Anywhere 5.5 and an ODBC connection. I'm able to connect to my database via ODBC but I'm not able to get any write access to it, e.g. updating or inserting records and so on. When I'm trying to update/insert something, I get an 'authentification failure' ... This happens in Delphi 4, in Access I can link to the tables of my SQL Anywhere DB, but it seems to be read-only. DB User permissions are ok, since I connect with the DBA account... I'm sitting here waiting fo...

ODBC 3.5 + PB 6.5 + Sql Anywhere 5.5.04 + Win95b
I am unable to view the procedure syntax using PB 6.5 against a Sql Anywhere 5.5.04 database using ODBC 3.51; I receive the message: "The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text". Using the same database file, I can receive the procedure syntax when using PB 5.0.04 ( 16-bit ), or when using PB 7 beta. Also, the Design menu within the Database Administration painter for PB 6.5 does not have the entries for 'Table Security', 'Maintain Users' or 'Maintain Groups'. This ODBC is the one which comes with the Jaguar beta. My Pb...

Obtaining 32bit ODBC Driver SQL Anywhere 5.5.04
Hello, We purchased an application that uses a SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database. The problem is that the application only shipped with 16 bit ODBC drivers. I'm not sure how or if I can use 16 bit drivers with my development environment (vb6). Can someone point me in the right direction to find the 32 bit drivers? I looked on the Sybase site but had no luck. Thanks "Marcello Donato" <mdonato@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We purchased an application that uses a SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database. The >problem is that the application only shipped...

3.0 ODBC drivers for SQL Anywhere 5.5.04?????
Do these exist or will they ever exist? We are using the RogueWave DBTools.h++ library and they are having trouble with TIME fields because they are only compatible with 3.0 drivers. They are treating the TIME as an SQL_INTERVAL instead of an SQL_TIME. I do not know of any plans for SQL Any 5.x to support ODBC 3.0. ASA 6.0 does support ODBC 3.0 and I have been told that 6.02 will ship with ODBC 3.5 -- --------------------------------------- Rob Waywell Sybase Please Respond to Newsgroups softwiz wrote in message ... >Do these exist or will they ever exist? > >...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC
While I am a regular posted in teh ACCESS newsgroups, a new task at work has me stumped. My company used a product called "Magic Help Desk" for it's help desk software. It used a SQL Anywhere 5.5 engine. We are now going to install a new system and I am tasked with migrating data to a MS SQL Server. Anyone have a good notion of where I can get an ODBC installation file for the SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC driver? I have all of the .dlls, but the Driver isn't registered in my ODBC settings in Control Panel. I assume I need a setup.exe file that will register the ODBC...

ODBC DSN for SQL Anywhere 5.5.04
I am distributing an SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database on Windows 95 clients. These clients will access the database through ODBC. It is possible for there to be multiple instances of the database file in different directories on each client. But I would like to only setup one ODBC DSN entry in the registry for each client. So, I am trying to set up the DSN on the clients without specifying the path to the database file. Then, my hope is that when an application attempts to connect to the database, ODBC would search the search path for the database. However this does not seem to be wor...

PB6 and Sql Anywhere ODBC 5.5 problem
PB5 app with Sql Anywhere ODBC 5.5 works. I recompiled in PB6, copied the dLl files from the DDDK6 directory to the application directory overwriting the original files and leaving all other files as they were. When the application tries to connect to the database I get the following error: Error connection to the DB Error: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. Code 999 Is there a listing of dll that are required or are conflicting. dmeade@intmail.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01BE1D7B.B94803C0 Content-Ty...

ODBC & SQL Anywhere 5.5 Help
We have a database product that we use that has SQL Anywhere 5.5 as the back-end and we have been given a userid and password to access this data. If the application is open we can open isql and use or user id and password and use isql to query the database, but no way of dumping this data to excel. What is our best option? Can't we use ODBC and have excel open the BSMS.db file without starting the application? Help Thanks in advance for any and all help Scott Speckman scott_speckman@carstar.com ...

JDBC:ODBC to SQL Anywhere 5.5.04
I am using JDBC to access a SQL/A db within a java application compiled to an exe using SuperCede. The application is using all Swing components. The database I'm accessing is in excess of 20 Meg. When accessing a table that has 9000+ rows, a null pointer exception is thrown when returning the first value of the first result set. I've tried to limit the number of rows by Set Rowcount n and that has no affect. Smaller db's work successfully, with the rowcount set also. Since so many pieces are involved, I'm sending this note to several groups. Any ideas? Sinc...

ODBC and Sql Anywhere 5.5 access Help
We have a database product that we use that has SQL Anywhere 5.5 as the back-end and we have been given a userid and password to access this data. If the application is open we can open isql and use or user id and password and use isql to query the database, but no way of dumping this data to excel. What is our best option? Can't we use ODBC and have excel open the BSMS.db file without starting the application? Help Thanks in advance for any and all help Scott Speckman scott_speckman@carstar.com Excel does have a "get external data" option, which ca...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC Driver - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Apple TV apps can now support Facebook login w/ the company’s new tvOS SDK
Facebook today has unveiled its own SDK for the new Apple TV’s tvOS. In a blog post on its Developers site , Facebook says that using the Facebook ...

Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
By Roberta Rampton and Kylie Gumpert WASHINGTON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - President Barack Obama sought to reassure Americans they were safe as millions ...

F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes on Training Mission; Pilot Safe
F-16 fighter jet from Arizona base crashes on New Mexico training mission; pilot safely ejects

Watch Seth Meyers (Nicely!) Hand Sarah Palin Her Ass
On Late Night with Seth Meyer s, the host welcomed guest Sarah Palin —I guess no one else was available?—and (very nicely) took her to task regarding ...

A livestreamed attempt to build the world’s largest Rubik’s Cube did not end well
Some people have very specific passions – take, for example, the folks at Coren Puzzle who are super into all things cubic. Browse its catalogue ...

'Nowhere To Go': Eagles of Death Metal Band Recalls Bataclan Attack
NBCNews.com 'Nowhere To Go': Eagles of Death Metal Band Recalls Bataclan Attack NBCNews.com California rock band Eagles of Death Metal were ...

Multiple Members of the U.S. Military Suspended Over Airstrike on Doctors Without Borders Hospital in ...
Several soldiers and airman have been removed from duty, the Associated Press reports , after making preventable errors and violating U.S. rules ...

New York City bus driver hospitalized after passenger fires laser
After a number of reported laser strikes against airline and, even more recently, ferry pilots , apparently awful people are now firing the handheld ...

ISIS claims bomb attack on Tunisian presidential guard that killed 12
CNN ISIS claims bomb attack on Tunisian presidential guard that killed 12 CNN The aftermath of a bus explosion that left several people dead ...

Andreco paints climate change mural ahead of COP21 in Paris
To welcome the upcoming Paris’ COP21 Climate Meeting, Italian artist Andreco is launching CLIMATE 01, an international art project comprising ...