Problem connecting with DNS-less connection string (using ASP)

My connection works if I connect using the DSN, the connection string being:

"DSN=SybaseAdminDev;username=sa;password=intershop"

but if I try using a DSN-less connection string:

"Driver={Sybase System 11}; Server=ISSERVER; Database=sybsystemprocs;
UID=sa; PWD=intershop"

I get the error:

[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Insufficient information to connect to
the data source.

/sybasetest/getDBsizes.asp, line 13

Has anyone got any idea what I'm missing?

Alex Lakeland

0
Alex

Alex,

I have had luck using a DSNless connection.  Here's the syntax - looks like
you are just missing some parameters...

"DRIVER=Adaptive Server Anywhere
7.0;UID=???;pwd=???;Delphi=Yes;CommLinks=TCPIP{},SharedMemory;DisableMultiRo
wFetch=No;Debug=No;Integrated=No;PreventNotCapable=Yes;KeysInSQLStatistics=Y
es;AutoStop=Yes;EngineName=???;DatabaseName=???"

Matthew

"Alex Lakeland" <alex.lakeland@integra-europe.co.uk> wrote in message
> My connection works if I connect using the DSN, the connection string
being:

> "DSN=SybaseAdminDev;username=sa;password=intershop"
>
> but if I try using a DSN-less connection string:
>
> "Driver={Sybase System 11}; Server=ISSERVER; Database=sybsystemprocs;
> UID=sa; PWD=intershop"
>
> I get the error:

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
>
> [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver]Insufficient information to connect to
> the data source.
>
> /sybasetest/getDBsizes.asp, line 13
>
> Has anyone got any idea what I'm missing?
>
> Alex Lakeland

0
Matthew
2/7/2002 5:38:23 PM
Alex-
Use srvr= instead of server= in your connection string
0
Merideth_Manwiller_m

not connected when I am connected

OLEDB Connection problem using Connect String from Web.config
Hi,Cananybody tell me why I am getting the following error for the following code below An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString.  An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'. "Ppp" is a connection defined in Web.config which works with SqlDatasource in the application. DataSet RunQuery(String QueryString) { String ConnectionString = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["Ppp"].ConnectionString; OleDbConnection DBConnection = new OleDbConnection( ConnectionString); OleDbDataAdapter DBAdapter; DataSet ResultsDataSet = new DataSet(); M....

what options of connection string should i use to connect to oracle
hiI was trying to connect to my oracle server. I am getting the error using System; using System.Data.OracleClient; namespace DataAccess {         {            public DBconnect()             {                      OracleConnection oOracleConn = new OracleConnection();             &...

app.config connection string not being read
I have a Web app that has a UI Website Project and a DB dataset/db project. I am running SQL Server 2005 Express on my localhost for development purposes. I have the connectionstring for the DB in the DB projects app.config. The site is running perfectly on my localhost, but when I deploy the site to the review server and change the app.config's connectionstring accordingly a connection to the DB cannot be established. I then tried changing all the db names, usernames, password to jibberish in my app.config file on my localhost and running AND THE SITE STILL RAN ON LOCALHOST. For so...

ODBC dsn-less Connection string problem
Hello all, I have a webservice built with .NET 2003, that is running at a remote client site, that is running SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0.3. For some reason the WebService is unable to connect to their database. I tested on my dev box with SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0 with no problems, however; at the client site is returns the error: ERROR [08001] [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] Invalid connection string attribute Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] In...

DNS & connectivity problems with 2 simultaneous connections
Hi all! I have a strange problem, probably a setup problem: here is the setup... Home PC (10.0.0.x) connected to LAN, connected to internet via router, gateway is the router address, DNS is the ISP provided address. Everything works fine. Every now and then I have to activate a MODEM connection to a private network to download data via FTP. Remote address of FTP server is 192.168.0.99, local address assigned by DHCP on connection to remote network. The problem is that when the modem connection is active, ALL internet traffic is getting routed through the modem - and no ...

Problem with JDBC-Connection without using a connection-cache
Hello everybody! I want to establish a JDBC-connection from a PowerBuilder Component to a "Oracle" (I�m sorry, but I have to) Database, without using a connection cache. When i try to connect to the database in the PowerBuilder-Component I get the following error-message: User '****' could not be connected to the database '*****'! ErrorCode=999; ErrorText=Non SQL Error : InvocationTargetException: On getCache. The connection cache was not found. My PowerBuilder-Code is: SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS - Sun JavaVM" SQLCA.LogPass = "******" SQLC...

connecting using a trusted connection
Hello, I appologize if this is in the wrong spot, but it seemed like the appropriate place. We have IIS installed on one box and SQL on another. We use a trusted connection to connect. When we try an connect to our DB, we don't get an error, the page just refreshes. From what i have gathered, it looks like we are not being authenticated. We have the ASPNET domain user on both boxes and its configured with the correct permissions, but we still can't connect. Do i need to set up or give permissions to another account i dont know about, or is there some file that needs access?-Dev Dj...

Adding a connection string via IIS Managment Console does not work when using connection string with Enterprise Library.
When deploying an update to our website, we sometimes need to add a connection string for a new database.  We'd like our IT guys (the ones actually doing the deployment) to be able to add the connection string using the IIS Management Console instead of directly editing the XML for web.config.  The problem is that when connection strings are added this way, the providerName attribute is not specified for the connection string.  This typically isn't a problem because I use SqlDataSources in most places on the website and it seems like they default to System.Data.SqlClie...

REPOST: PB components use only 1 connection from 50 connections connection cache
Hello all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i teste...

How to connect DBClient using a DSN-less connection in a VB5 App
I have a VB5 app connecting to SLQ Anywhere without a data source name - no problem. I am changing the app to a multi-user environment using SLQ Anywhere Server & SQL Anywhere Client. I can connect with a DSN - no problem; the ODBC dialog screen comes up. I don't want to setup a DSN on all the machines in the office if I don't have to. We are running Novell (I think 3.1, maybe 4.0) Here is the code for the standalone version DSN-less- works fine. RDOConnect = "UID=rico;PWD=rico;DBF=" + DBPath + "\ricoapp.DB;DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DSN=&#...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

Dream Weaver 8 Connection Strings for ASP and ASP.NET to connect remote MS Access Database on remote web server
  HiIm using Dream Weaver 8 to create a set of ASP and ASPX websites im editing them locally and testing them locally using IIS Personal Web Server. My problem is how to transfer them on to a remote webserver and make the pages connect to a remote database for asp,aspx as they work fine Locally ?Does anyone know how to create Dreamweaver connection strings for both ASP and ASP.NET pages for database that has the following directory path on the remote webserver Domain = asianwedding.somee.comDatabase path = **************************/db1.mdbIve been searching on the web and using the Se...

Web resources about - Problem connecting with DNS-less connection string (using ASP) - sybase.connectivity.odbc

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...