PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0

I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses
pipeline objects.  The only thing that has changed is the destination
database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to
7.0.  We connect via ODBC.  After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4
error code (i.e. Table Not Found).

Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft
SQL Server 7.0?

Thanks,
Victoria

0
florida

I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft.  I am not
sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0.

pv

Victoria Kelsey wrote:

> I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses
> pipeline objects.  The only thing that has changed is the destination
> database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to
> 7.0.  We connect via ODBC.  After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4
> error code (i.e. Table Not Found).
>
> Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft
> SQL Server 7.0?
>
> Thanks,
> Victoria
0
Paul
5/10/2000 10:02:23 PM

Victoria Kelsey wrote:

> I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses
> pipeline objects.  The only thing that has changed is the destination
> database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to
> 7.0.  We connect via ODBC.  After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4
> error code (i.e. Table Not Found).
>
> Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft
> SQL Server 7.0?
>
> Thanks,
> Victoria
0
Paul

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...

PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null...

MicroSoft SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0 Compatibility--Urgent help needed
We currently have an PowerBuilder 5.0 application and use ODBC to communicate with an Oracle Database (7.03). We are migrating this application to SQL Server 7.0. We are receiving several errors when we try to run the application. Through datawindow painter on the PowerBuilder toolbar, the datawindow is successfully previewed and the data in the database is displayed. Our application has a window that contains only this datawindow. When we try to open the window through the application, we receive an error "Program Type Out of Range" and when the window is displayed the ...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

Migration probs Sql Any 5.5.04 to Adaptive Server Any 7.0.0
Hi, I just installed our new Linux version Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.0. It seems to be impossible to run an old database (5.5.03 Novell) without any adaptions. The server can be started, but connecting via Sybase Central 7.0 is refused, since java support is missing. So I've tried to rebuild the old database using the dbunload tool of 7.0.0: dbunload -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dbf=hmlims.db" -an hmlimsneu.db But now I get an error message: Adaptive Server Anywhere Unload Utility Version 7.0.0.403 ***** SQL error: Authentication violation What's wrong? I...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles