PB : Connection error #4002 with VB6, Crystal Report 11 and ASE 15 (ODBC)

Hi,

I have an error #4002 when I want to view a report in Visual Basic 6
with the
ActiveX Chrystal Report Viewer.
The reports works in Crystal Report but the conexion fails with VB6.
I think it could be an authentification error but I don't know how to
manage identification from VB.

The problem appears when I use the Crystal Wizard to create a form
automatically AND when I create objects directly in code :

	Dim app As CRAXDRT.Application
	Dim oReport1 As CRAXDRT.Report
	Dim oRptRouter As CrystalActiveXReportViewerLib11.ReportSourceRouter
	Dim viewReport As CrystalActiveXReportViewer

	Set oRptRouter = New
	CrystalActiveXReportViewerLib11.ReportSourceRouter
	Set app = New CRAXDRT.Application

	Set oReport1 = New CRAXDRT.Report
	Set oReport1 = app2.OpenReport("C:\myreport.rpt")

	oRptRouter.AddReport oReport1

	Set viewReport = New CrystalActiveXReportViewer

	With CRViewerCtrl
	.ReportSource = oRptRouter
	.viewReport
	End With

Please help !
0
eferbe

PB. Error 4002 With Crystal Report 11 and VB6 (ODBC)
Hi, I have an error #4002 when I want to view a report in VB6 with the ActiveX Chrystal Report Viewer. The reports works in Crystal Report but the conexion fails with VB6. I think it could be an authentification error but I don't know how to manage identification from VB. The problem appears when I use the Crystal Wizard to create a form automatically AND when I create objects directly in code : Dim app As CRAXDRT.Application Dim oReport1 As CRAXDRT.Report Dim oRptRouter As CrystalActiveXReportViewerLib11.ReportSourceRouter Dim viewReport As CrystalActiveXReportViewer ...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC error connecting to ASE 15
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a user is getting ODBC connection errors from WinXP->ASE15 when my client config doesn't even have an ODBC connection to ASE15 (and works just fine)? Am I missing something? If I don't need ODBC to connect, why would other users? thx, rick_806 > Hi, > > I am trying to figure out why a user is getting ODBC > connection errors from client WinXP->ASE15 when my client config > doesn't even have an ODBC connection to ASE15 (and works > just fine)? Am I missing something? If I don't need ODBC > to connec...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

PB 10 connection error with ODBC
HI All, Currently i'm develop a program using PB10, and is running fine on my Desktop (Win XP), but, after i have deploy and run on Server (Win Server 2003), it;s pompt me for the message SQLSTATE = IM002 [Microsoft][ODBC Drive Manager] Data Source Name name not found and no dafault driver specified (please refer the attachment for the error message, any one can help on this? I have tried to install the PB10 rumtime packager and located the pbodb110.dll in the system folder, but, it also having the same error. Please Help!!! i got no idea wh...

ASE 11.9.2 + ODBC 3.11.00.22 (All users are connected twice !!)
Hi again I found why users are kicked off the db (Cf Post "ASE V11 + ODBC: ct_connect(): network.... / .... operation teminated due to disconnect") Each connection is repeated twice as i can see it trough a sp_who call. (There's 2 SPIDs for the same Hostname, the second SPID's status is always "Awaiting command"...) I'm 99.9 9% sure the way i connect to the db is the right one, and i'm also sure the connection procedure exists only once in my program. My app can only run once at a time, so it can't be a double instance effect... Migrati...

PB 8.0 won't connect to odbc connection
My setup has been working for ever. Yesterday, I try to work on my program and when I try to connect to the odbc data source (sql anywhere), pb locks up. I can use other utilities to access the same database and I have the same problem with the sample db that comes with powerbuilder. I virus scanned my entire system and I applied the lastest patches... HELP.... What version of ASA? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ODBC Connection to ASE 11.0.5 Linux
This may be redundant, but I need to know how to configure the Sybase 11 DSN to connect to a ASE 11.0.5 server running on Linux. My ctlib connections work fine, but when I attempt to use an ODBC application with a system or user dsn on NT, I get the dreaded 'server name not found' error. Connectivity and name resolution are working fine as I can ping the server by name from the console and Sybping her from the DSEdit application. Do I need to buy a specific ODBC driver from Sybase in order to hook up with the Linux version? I'd prefer not to install the MDog 2.1 kludge if...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

Web resources about - PB : Connection error #4002 with VB6, Crystal Report 11 and ASE 15 (ODBC) - sybase.connectivity.odbc

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...