Open Client 11.1.1 with Adaptive Server Anywhere

We are trying to install Open Client 11.1.1 and run it with Adaptive Server
Anywhere 6.0. The problem starts when trying to assign the different
service to a "Server Service", which is defaulted to "SQL Server" - we are
trying to use it not with Server but SQL Anywhere. Have you ever
encountered this problem, and is it possible to find the service name or
address somewhere in the configuration?

The main reason for installing the Open Client is to connect Brio Reports
to my database and be able to use stored procedures. They are only
supported when connecte through the Open Client.

Thanks.
Gorana
0
Gorana

Dont change that entry att all... just register an entry with the
TCP,ipadress and port of your choice.
If you start the dbsrv6 as follow
dbsrv6 asademo60.db -n ASADEMO -x tcpip{serverport=3434}

check in sql.ini for
[ASADEMO]
query=TCP,ipadress,3434
Try runing isql -Udba -Psql -SASADEMO

/Ola

Gorana Avdagic wrote in message <01bdfd2e$2b8fcfd0$79c1dbcf@tn_ws_chs036>...
>We are trying to install Open Client 11.1.1 and run it with Adaptive Server
>Anywhere 6.0. The problem starts when trying to assign the different
>service to a "Server Service", which is defaulted to "SQL Server" - we are
>trying to use it not with Server but SQL Anywhere. Have you ever
>encountered this problem, and is it possible to find the service name or
>address somewhere in the configuration?
>
>The main reason for installing the Open Client is to connect Brio Reports
>to my database and be able to use stored procedures. They are only
>supported when connecte through the Open Client.
>

>Thanks.
>Gorana

0
Ola
10/21/1998 8:29:56 PM
Hi Gents;

The default port for the ASA Server is at 2638, and is a registered service
entry with the powers that manage such things, so it should generally be valid.
This will save having to use the 'serverport' setting on the command line.

Regards

Dave Carson

Ola Gunnars wrote:

> Dont change that entry att all... just register an entry with the
> TCP,ipadress and port of your choice.
> If you start the dbsrv6 as follow
> dbsrv6 asademo60.db -n ASADEMO -x tcpip{serverport=3434}
>
> check in sql.ini for
> [ASADEMO]
> query=TCP,ipadress,3434
> Try runing isql -Udba -Psql -SASADEMO
>
> /Ola
>
> Gorana Avdagic wrote in message <01bdfd2e$2b8fcfd0$79c1dbcf@tn_ws_chs036>...
> >We are trying to install Open Client 11.1.1 and run it with Adaptive Server
> >Anywhere 6.0. The problem starts when trying to assign the different
> >service to a "Server Service", which is defaulted to "SQL Server" - we are
> >trying to use it not with Server but SQL Anywhere. Have you ever
> >encountered this problem, and is it possible to find the service name or
> >address somewhere in the configuration?
> >
> >The main reason for installing the Open Client is to connect Brio Reports
> >to my database and be able to use stored procedures. They are only
> >supported when connecte through the Open Client.
> >

> >Thanks.
> >Gorana

0
David

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client 11.1.1
hi folks: i need help with an open client/server issue. our system administrator upgraded our development host to HP-UX 11 and now .. i'm having trouble connecting to ASE 11.5.1.1 via open client/server. we are using open client 11.1.1. this error was generated trying to run bcp against our development box from another host: CTLIB Message: - L5/O3/S5/N4/5/0: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Establishing connection failed. attempts to connect from powerbuilder and dbartisan...

Error with ODBC 11.1 and Open Client 11.1
I have a problem that I hope someone can help me solve. I'm developing asp-pages on a Windows NT 4.0 workstation with MS Visual InterDev 6.0 and I'm trying to connect to a Sybase database located on a unix server (HP-UX 10). I have no problem connecting to the database when I link it through Access, but when I try to open a table or view in InterDev, I get the following error msg: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_con_props(SET,NETIO): user api layer: external error: The buflen parameter must be set to CS_UNUSED I found that this error had been reported on S...

Open Client 11.1.1 vs 11.1.0
Hi, We are using Open Client Ct library version 11.1.0 and I find all references to Open Cleint 11.1.1 and no 11.1.0. Can anyone let me know the difference (if any) between these two versions? Thanks, Bappa Roy Bappa, There are a couple new features in 11.1.1, as well as various bug fixes. I highly recommend using 11.1.1 over 11.1.0. For PC environments, you can just overlay. The latest EBF for PC 32-bit is 8021. Similar EBF #s for all other platforms too. John McVicker SPS Philadelphia, PA Bappa Roy wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Open Client C...

Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11
I asked for a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11. I got a cd with the catalog number marked as follows: SYBASE Products for HP 9000/800 Cat# Ver Product 17230 11.1.1 Open Client/C Developer's Kit The Release Bulletin for this product is dated 9/9/97 and inside it says that product supports HP 9000/800 HP-UX 10.0.1. I need to do use pthreads, which were introduced in HP-UX 11. Do I have the right version of Open Client? What is the right catalog or SKU number to get the HP-UX 11 version of Open Client/C 11.1.1 ? - Dave On Thu, 1 Ju...

Open Client 11.1.1 problem with iPlanet (netscape) 4.1
Hi there! I just upgraded my Web Server from Netscape Enterprise Enterprise Server 3.5.1 to the renamed iPlanet 4.1 and I have problems with this library "libcomn_dce.sl" that the Web Server is not able to load. With the old version it worked just fine. Has anybody had the same problem? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E218AB293BD2BBC3D3B89F2A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Have you check the $LIBPATH on the new iPlanet 4.1 version? What version of HP UX is this? Is this the same OS leve...

Open Client 11.1.1
Hi, Pl. clarify the following questions: 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12.5 to connect to ASE 11.5 ? Thanks, Murali On Thu, 16 May 2002 07:41:54 -0700, Murali wrote: > Hi, > > Pl. clarify the following questions: > > 1. Can I use Sybase Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to ASE 12.5 ? Yes. But the new wider varchar() columns won't be available (the data will get truncated at 255 bytes, and you'll get an error message or a warning). > > 2. Can I use Sybase Open Client 12...

Open Client 11.1.1
Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? I am a licensed user of Adaptive Server 11.5 which ships with open client 11.1.1, but I am only wanting to install the open client portion. How can I do this? Thanks, Aaron If you are still wondering, there is a radio button in the install of 11.5 that asks whether you want to install "Licensed Products" or "Open Client". Choose Open Client! Aaron Cripe <acripe@amgeneral.com> wrote in message news:37C1ABC9.FE12A9FA@amgeneral.com... > Is there anywhere I can download open client 11.1.1? >...

Is Open Client/Server Products Version 11.1.1 for Windows NT compatible with Window 2000 ?
Is Open Client/Server Products Version 11.1.1 for Windows NT compatible with Window 2000 > Is Open Client/Server Products Version 11.1.1 for Windows NT compatible > with Window 2000 I am using Open Client with Windows 2000 Prof without any problems. Stephan It is certified by Sybase. The 11.1.1 version was made for NT but works and is certified with 2000. One small wrinkle is that Microsoft changed the default locations for programs that get run from the start button. NT had: winnt -> Profiles -> all users -> start menu -> Programs -> Sybase S...

Open Client 11.1.1 on HP-UX 11.x
Anyone know how I can get my hands on a copy of Open Client 11.1.1 for HP-UX 11.x? Thanks! ...

Open Client 11.1.1 and ASE 11.9.2 for linux
Hi, is it possible to run ASE 11.9.2 on linux and connect to it with Open Client 11.1.1 for linux ? -- Jan Jan Krause - jkrause@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de Jan Krause wrote: > > Hi, > > is it possible to run ASE 11.9.2 on linux and connect to it > with Open Client 11.1.1 for linux ? Yes. See http://linux.sybase.com Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-list@isug.com M...

Open Server 11.1.1 hangs
We have an Open Server that hangs if compiled using Open Server 11.1.1. It work fine with 10.0.x. Even when executing "exec <osname>...sp_ps" from a ASE it hangs. Any help is welcome. Thanks, Eduardo Marques Eduardo, What platform/os are you running the OpenServer? Do the sample OpenServer programs work? Can you attach to the hung process with the debugger and get a stacktrace. Also you should make sure you are on the latest ebf for OpenServer 11.1.1. Steve Healey Sybase TS Eduardo A A Marques wrote: > We have an Open Server that ...

Open Server 11.1.1 on Linux?
Is Open Server 11.1.1 currently available on Linux? The documentation packaged with ASE 11.9.2 for Linux seems to indicate that it is, but it isn't available from the download site. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Marcus Daubaras mdaubaras@ftdi.com ...

Error in C application when opening two cursors with Open Client 11.1.1
Hi all, When have and application that works with Sybase Adaptive Server. This application uses Direct Connection Open Client 11.1.1 to connect to the database and alternatively Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5. We have traced the problem and we know that when the application opens a second cursor in the same transaction and that the first one is not closed then we have an error. The problem is that with a Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver 6.5 everything works fine. If you have any clue, please let me know, Thank You Jeff ...

Web resources about - Open Client 11.1.1 with Adaptive Server Anywhere - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Adaptive immune system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The adaptive immune system , also known as the acquired immune system or, more rarely, as the specific immune system , is a subsystem of the ...

General Adaptive (@GeneralAdaptive) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here General Adaptive @ GeneralAdaptive ...

Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent - YouTube ...
Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent Stephan Ehrenfeld, Fabian Schrodt, & Prof. Dr. ...

The agile bureaucracy: we need adaptive, innovative public servants who see beyond the routine
... of the Australian Public Service. But now, more than ever, we need an APS composed of agile employees. Agile employees are flexible, adaptive ...

Adaptive web - Adaptive content - Big Data
The next evolution of the web is making its presence felt in Australia. And this time, it's personal.

Regina adaptive sailing club looks to boost numbers
Wind on my Wings sailing club has been helping people with disabilities since 1999. Regina's adaptive sailing club might be the city's best kept ...

Young Entrepreneur Designs World's First Line Of Climate Adaptive Hijabs
Designed by 22-year-old Ahmad Ghanem, these climate-adaptive hijabs are the first of their kind.

Deal: CHOE 18W Adaptive Fast Charger Turbo Charger – $10.39
Quick Charge has become all the rage lately. And with these batteries getting bigger and bigger, it's not all that surprising. The fact that ...

China allowing second child an adaptive reform: Daily
Times LIVE China allowing second child an adaptive reform: Daily Business Standard in the People's Daily said that China is to allow all couples ...