ODBC version info

Can anyone point me to a URL where I may find a Sybase ODBC driver version
history (e.g. dll version 3.0.0 - System 11, etc.)?

Thanks.
-Mike
0
MIchael_Pieck

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

DBD-ODBC problems on Win32 (wrong ODBC Version )?
Hi there, <arne@alamut.de> i hope this is the right list to ask, if not maybe someone can point me to that place... i am trying to use DBD-ODBC 1.05 on a win2k machine with active-state perl 5.8. My problem is that if i try to connect to the database i want to (navision) , i get a message saying that the Odbc driver does not support the version of the odbc function the application (the perl script) needs... (maybe it's not exactly this message cause i get it in german)... I migratet this script from a winNT 4.0 machine which used an earlier version of DBD-ODBC (don't know which and this machine has gone so i can't look at it). So i assume, the problem is that 1.05 uses ODBC 3.0 and the driver i use is not supporting it... I tried to compile an older version of DBD-ODBC on that machine, but this failed... And i cannot get another ODBC driver. Is it possible to tell DBD-ODBC to use only ODBC 2.0 functions ?? thanks for any help, arne -- Arne Bernin Arne, What is the exact error. DBD::ODBC requests ODBC 3.0 behavior but I don't think it is an error if the driver does not support it - it is usually a SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO return which means success but there is some diagnostic message to be picked up. I think there is an ODBC 2.0 switch in DBD::ODBC (examine the source) but I really don't think you should need it. It is the ODBC driver managers responsibility to map ODBC 2.0 <-> ODBC 3.0. Martin...

connected database info via ODBC?
Does anyone know a way to find out information about the database to which I am connected. It may not even be Sybase. Things like the vendor (e.g. Sybase, someone else), the specific database type (e.g. ASA, ASE, etc.), the database server version, etc. I expected these things to be available as connection attributes, but I am coming up empty. Thanks in advance. -- Dan Gosner VERITAS Software mailto: dan.gosner@veritas.com Select @@version -- gives version and type Select @@servername -- gives the supplied server name Select db_name( ) ...

ODBC Configuration Dialog appears on ODBC connect to ASA 6.x
Hallo, I aways get the ODBC Configuration Dialog if I want to connect to my ASA 6.x Database: Here are my 2 SQLCA's: with these settings I only have to press the enter key of the ODBC Configuration Dialog. sqlca_ASA.AutoCommit = False sqlca_ASA.LogPass = "" sqlca_ASA.LogId = "" sqlca_ASA.Database = "" sqlca_ASA.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca_ASA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=STATPROT ASA;START=dbeng6.exe -c 4M -ga -gb normal -p 4096 -m;DBF=d:\statprot\statprot.db;DBN=stationsprotokoll;UID=dba;PWD=sql'" with these setting...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Hi, I am randomly getting the following error message in my application. ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address of the server'(10048) ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP of the server' (10048) I am using .Net 2.0 with VS2005 having ODBC 3.51.14 Driver.  Can any body point out the core reasons of the above error message? Thanks. Nouman Khawaja. I do have the same problem, help me out. Thanks  If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... When I was writing an app in C# I had to download MySQL driver for connecting to MySQL DB. Try downloading the one from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/dotnet.html or google for: mysql connector netPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you well I've been using this website since a long time. And it didn't prompt this error atleast since last 6 months.Today suddenly it started to display this message.If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... Well from what I've read on mysql site this driver is old. First I would simply try to download a new driver. Wasn't the MySQL DB engine upgraded when it started to be buggy?Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you Well as I've told you that my site was in running condition since last 6 months. And it was working fine. And today i faced this problem. If the going seems e...

ODBC admin -test connection ok, IQSL
Hello, ASA7 (all ebf's installed) Win98 Create ODBC dsn xxx, test connection forks fine. Trying to connect wrong ISQL or Sybase Central, select odbc dsn xxx and ISQL is opening ODBC admin window with incorrect server name and network parameters. Have installed the same on few PC's, and this situation(error) occurs only on one of it. What could be suitable to do/check? Thank you, And We've solved problem, when changes UserDNS to Sustem DNS. And "And" <a@a.a> wrote in message news:THnJkGAJCHA.1020@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, >...

Database Connection via newer ODBC-versions
My problem is as follows. I'm stil using Powerbuilder (Enterprise) 6.5.1 Build 444 on W98SE ENG/WME ENG/WNT ENG. My connections with my Access-database (ODBC 3.0...) are working fine. When a new version of ODBC is installed (when installing new version of windows, new programs,...) i got the error "Program Type out of range". So i went searching for a solution and found a tip from somebody who had the same problem. It was installing EBF 1219 . So I tried, but i had different results at programming-machine and the enduser-station. Also the program crashes some...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

ODBC Connection
I would like to know how could I create an ODBC Connection programmaticaly? SMarcoux wrote: > I would like to know how could I create an ODBC Connection programmaticaly? > Please, always post the version and build number of ASA that you are using. Do you mean that you want to create an ODBC DSN? Or you'd like to use an existing DSN to connect to a database? Also: - what operating system and version? - what programming language are you looking to use? The more information you can provide, the more helpful we can be. greg.fenton -- Greg Fenton Con...

ODBC connection
I want to know how to make an odbc connection using php code. Please send suggestions. Thanks. http://www.go4kpo.com http://www.datadirect.com/developer/odbc/using_php_odbc/index.ssp...

CONNECTION ODBC
EXCUSE ME , I'M NEW IN POWER BUILDER, AND I GET A PROBLEM WHEN THE USER MAKES AN ERROR WHEN HE WRITES HIS PASSWORD, AN ODBC DIALOG OPENS,AND I DON'T WANT IT, I WOULD LIKE ONLY THE MESSAGE APPEARS, THANK YOU Use ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT' For example, // Profile Test Cases SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=ASA 8.0 Sample;UID=dba;PWD=sql',ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMP T'" -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere ...

Connection with ODBC
Hi all, I have to get information from Sybase running under Sun 2.7 from a Digital tru64 4.0f UNIX. In the Digital machine I have not any Sybase component such a open client or similar. I'm trying to get all the information available, if you have any idea or experience in this kind of connection please let me know them. Thanks, Ruben Perez ...

ODBC version
I am using ASA 7.0.3.2067 on a Netware server with a Win95 client running MicroSoft Access 97. We are getting some connection problems and I am wondering if I need to get a newer version of ODBC. My ODBC32.dll is version 3.520.5303.2. It is almost a year and a half old, do I need a newer version? The other dll's are just as old or older. If I need a new version, where can I download one? MicroSoft's site is a confusing mess to navigate. Thanks. Patches for ODBC are hidden as MDAC updates. There is an excellent whitepaper that you sould review prior to assumin...

ODBC Connectivity
Hi, Here in one of our application we are using following configuration 1. Server Dtls : Sybase 12.5 ASE Server 64 bit 2. GUI Language : VB6 3. Connectivity : through ODBC ( DSN connection) 4. OS: Compaq Tru 64 Digital Unix version 5.1A We have VB Application which connects to ASE through ODBC Driver. But the its working slow . Is there any other way to connect ASE without the help of ODBC driver. regards Subhadip Basu DBA Usha Martin Telecom (A Hutchison Telekom JV) I do not think there is other way, but using the old DB-library. That's the price yo...

ODBC cannot connect
Hi, I am trying to connect to ASA 6.0.4 ebf 3795 from W2k SP2 over Dial-up network and through a router. All works fine if I use Sybase Central but ODBC gives different error messages when testing the connection depending on having given PORT and/or UseUDP=NO parameters. The connection worked earlier when I used NT4.0. I have read those articles about the subject in Sybase site but could not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Rgs. Pauli Sammalisto ...

ODBC connectivity
hi all, Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese version)? Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\ If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ? Thx! Yes, it should work without problems. What problems/error messages are you seeing? -- Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering iAnywhere Solutions "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message news:9P#4AQuMCHA.349@forums.sybase.com... > hi all, > > Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese &...

ODBC Connectivity
On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). Help! Joe wrote... > On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC > adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. > > I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. > > (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). I can't find anything on that in the Tech Support database...

ODBC Connection
when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a compiled executable i get the following error message DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation could some one tell me how to solve the problem Barretto VN http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47750 On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:08:21 -0800, "vnb" <vnb400@hotmail.com> wrote: >when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a >compiled executable i get the following error message > >DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation > >...

Connecting through ODBC
I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting through perl express. My guess I also need to download the dbi module. Sean Sugrue, Sean wrote: > > I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl > express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering > if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting > through perl express. My guess I also need to download t...

Connect with ODBC
I have a problem to configure ODBC drivers in Windows 95. I receive the message "System Error 1157" when i try add an ODBC DSN. My ODBC drivers are version INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 (get with PB70). What's this?? Help, please!! Thanks marciamoreira@sisne.com.br That error typically indicates a path issue. Make sure that the setup/driver is in the location that the registry is pointing to: Check the registry key, e.g. for the DBase driver: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT dBASEFile (*.dbf)] "Driver"="C...

Web resources about - ODBC version info - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of September 2013, Android 4.1/4.2 Jelly Bean is the most widely-used Android version, ...

The People v. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story: Police officers’ version of events
OVER the past two weeks, “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” has captivated TV audiences in the US.

Fitness for life, a female version
As requested - I am a 50-something professional woman with a day job. Actually, two day jobs. I am sort-of an amateur athlete. Or, at the least, ...

Tesla, Radio Flyer offer kid-version Model S electric car for $499
... ain’t your grandpa’s little red wagon… The folks at Radio Flyer Inc. have collaborated with Tesla Motors to create a drivable miniature version ...

Windows clone ReactOS hits version 0.4.0
It’s been ten long years since the last major release, but open source Windows clone ReactOS is still very much alive, and the latest release ...

Snapchat just launched its version of hashtags — users can now create their own geofilters for events ...
Snapchat isn't like Twitter or Facebook where you can easily tag your photos with a hashtag or a location. Instead, Snapchat's version of letting ...

Virgin Galactic Introducing New Version Of Space Tourism Rocket Plane For Its Return To Testing
... aircraft and killed one of its pilots. Richard Branson’s company is ready to take to the skies again and return to testing with a new version ...

Meet Russia’s Version Of The “Ma Deuce”
Putin's Russia is defended by the DShK machine gun

Which version of Fire Emblem Fates should you get?
So a lot of people have asked "which version of Fire Emblem Fates should I get?" and I think that's a valid question, mostly because Nintendo ...

Watch the version of 'Star Wars' that George Lucas hates
If you want to watch the original, unaltered version of Star Wars from 1977 legally your options are essentially nonexistent. George Lucas has ...