odbc trace on a 2003 windows server

Guys,
I trying to generate a odbc trace file on a windows 2003 server.
We are not able to produce a file... The Server Aministrator tried too.
What could we be doing wrong? At best we have gotten a zero byte file.
0
Cory

Hi Cory,

Did you try to go back in the odbc admin tool, click the trace tab and then
close it (making sure trace is on) then see if it works.

I've run into problems where if I try to trace a linked server using odbc
driver it just doesn't work no matter what I try.

What are you trying to trace?

-Paul

"Cory" <XXXX> wrote in message news:4d2f671c$1@forums-1-dub...
> Guys,
> I trying to generate a odbc trace file on a windows 2003 server.
> We are not able to produce a file... The Server Aministrator tried too.
> What could we be doing wrong? At best we have gotten a zero byte file.

0
Paul

ODBC Data Resource Configuration for VPN connection to a remote ASE Database On Windows Server 2003 using Active Directory Credentials
Hello, I have to write a code that accesses a remote database using ODBC, the access is on VPN, using Active Directory credentials on a Windows Server 2003 and the database is ASE 15. I created a new dsedit server matching the one of the credentials the client sent and on vpn I am able to ping successfully the database there. But when I try to create an ODBC Data Resource file on my computer so that I can write the code for a specific requirement from my computer I am faced with an error, [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish connection. The Active Directory Credentia...

ODBC Connection
================================ ASA 6.03 Build 2747 Windows Terminal Server 4.0 (SP5) Single Processor PIII 550 (DELL 1300 Server) 400 MB RAM ================================ I have set up a Windows Terminal Server Box with several thin clients attached. I have configured the ODBC driver under SYSTEM DNS instead of USER DNS as this seems to allow all users access to the datasource without having to set up each user for individual USER DNS's - Is there any problem with this ? Mark I would think that this will work. It works for me on regular NT Server for ...

configure odbc for windows server 2003
I have installed ASA 8.0.3 database to windows server 2003 and wanted to configure the ODBC From tab System DSN, I clicked ADD button but somehow ASA didn't show up on the list of selectable driver of data source . The list only contain SQL Server driver. Tried to manually add ODBC info thru registry but I am in no luck. Just wonder, Is it possible to configure ODBC ASA database on windows server 2003 platform? thanks fyh. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ISS] "Driver"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Sybase...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

Connecting with ODBC from .NET App on Windows Server 2008 64Bit
I have a .NET 2.0 Application configured for anyCPU. I connect to SQL Anywhere 9.0.2.3850 via System.Data.OleDb specifying an ODBC Datasource in the connection string. The odbc datasource is sybase 32-bit. The application runs on a windows Server 2008 64-bit. Starting the application gives a OleDbException. How I have to configure my app/odbc to run on the 64-bit server? Is that possible or do I need 64-bit odbc driver? You might want to check out this thread http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/1119b12324a9ac20/2da4d07b952ee254?q=iAny...

Unable to connect to SQL Anywhere server through ODBC on Windows 98
I'm using Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 client on a Windows 98 PC to try to connect to a DB server on the LAN and get a "Can't connect to server" error. When I use ISQL and give the server name and startline I can connect, so it appears to only be a problem when going through ODBC. Here's the ODBC Administrator entry I have that isn't working: Data Source Name: NMC Description: (blank) User ID: (blank) Password: (blank) Server Name: LAX-EMKR Database Name: NMC Database Startup is set to "Cust...

ODBC connection through SHH from Windows application to Linux DB server
Hi ! For the purpose of my research, I have a Sybase 8.0.x database stored on a RedHat 7.x machine which I need to interface from a Windows application (either MS Access, either Sybase Central on my Win XP computer). The server is on a machine that can only be accessed via SSH. What I know: - SSH supports port forwarding - To connect to a database server from a client application, the best (certainly in a MS environment) is to use ODBC. - Sybase TCP port is 2638 What I have: - Putty - MS Access (to test interfacing the DB) - ODBC driver for the Sybase database. What I tho...

WINDOWS 98 ODBC WITH SQLANYWHERE (versus working WINDOWS 95 ODBC MACHINE)
Our organization recently added a 3rd new PC to our little network. The PC came with WINDOWS 98. The new PC will be a client on the network. Our POWERBUILDER 5.0 / SQLAnywhere application is running fine on the two other machines (using WINDOWS 95 and ODBC drivers to SQLAnywhere). When I run the applicaton through POWERBUILDER on the NEW Windows 98 machine (seperate from the other two Windows 95 machines), I get one of three error messages below. 1) DATABASE ERROR: SQLSTATE 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine. ...

Cant Connect to SQL Server installed in windows server 2003
Hi, im trying to connect to my sql server installed in windows 2003 OS, i always get login failed whenever i run my asp.net application, do i have to setup anything in my local computer to access my database in windows 2003 server? or in IIS maybe? pls help.   In IIS Manager, expand the local computer, and then click Web Service Extensions. In the details pane, click the Web Service Extension that you want to enable or disable. To enable a disabled Web service extension, click Allow. To disable an enabled Web service extension, click Prohibit. Click OK. ...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

How to turn off ODBC tracing in TFDConnection with DriverName = ODBC
Can I turn off ODBC tracing in TFDConnection with DriverName = ODBC ? If yes, please how to do it ? How to get HENV and HDBC from TFDConnection object? Thanks ...

Web resources about - odbc trace on a 2003 windows server - sybase.connectivity.odbc

The Windows Blog

If you're fine with Microsoft's approach to privacy in Windows 10, you're out of touch
Yeah, I'm going to bang that drum again. We've talked endlessly about privacy and telemetry in Windows 10. Endlessly. It's brought up some interesting ...

Life hack: The scientifically proven way to defog your car windows faster
It's winter, which means that you're going to have to deal with foggy windows when you start up your car . While lots of people have their own ...

It looks like Microsoft is making a SIM card for Windows devices
Microsoft is making a SIM card for Windows devices, according to an app listing titled "Cellular Data" that references "a Microsoft SIM card." ...

LG’s New Signature Refrigerator Has a Viewing Window and Auto-Open Doors
... than ever, LG’s new signature fridge lets you take a peek inside the fridge without wasting energy. Just walk up and knock on the window panel ...

Microsoft is launching its own data SIM for Windows devices
Microsoft appears to building its own contract-free cellular data service for getting Windows 10 devices online, if a curious app store listing ...

New Windows 10 stats show Microsoft is closely watching you — but is it an issue?
Windows 10 is collecting more information than some people may have realized, as is evidenced by the company's recent usage reports. Is this ...

Microsoft shares some of the data it has been collecting from Windows 10 users
In a new blog post Microsoft explains some of the data it has been collecting from Windows 10 users, though the company doesn’t say how long ...