odbc error

How can I solve this error, SQLAlloc Failed cannot find the language dll
(wl50??t.dll)?  This occurs when I try to configure an odbc source
connecting to a local SQL Anywhere database.

What seems to be the problem?  Please help guys.

Thanks.
0
iandale

Try this:

The wl50ent.dll should be in the path \sqlany50\win32 and it should be in
your path.

Good luck.
0
CHU

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

Error with ODBC Connection
I got an error when I tried to attach a sybase table in Access 2.0. The error message is: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Allocation of a Sybase Open Client Context failed. Sybase normally generates a SYBINIT.ERR file containing more specific reasons for failing. The SYBINIT.ERR file in the \ACCESS20\ directory is empty, however. I'm using Sybase 10 ODBC. Please help! Ming mingpan@netscape.net The problem you're expiriencing is the lack of environment variables for your OC. You have to set up in your station the following variables: SYBASE=OCPath INCL...

ODBC Connection Error
Can anyone help me out? I have an app that I created in PB 6.5 that connects to an MS Access database. The first problem I had was that the last connection made to the database was the only one allowed to do any updating to the database. I had to work around that one. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. The next problem I had was after I plcaed the .exe and the database in a folder on a server so everyone could get to it. I have no problem connection and neither does a few other people who were helpin me test. The problem comes about when the end user tries to use i...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

Connection Error in ODBC
I have the next error: [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client Library error: error string not available. The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. The S.O. is Windows 2000 or XP ..... Can send me anything... for this problem..!!!!!!! Thanks... Sergio_Blanco wrote... > I have the next error: > > [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client > Library error: error string not available. > > The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. > The S.O. is Windows 2000 or X...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

odbc connection error
// Profile EAS Demo DB V110 SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False I wrote a db connection with the default connection I test it in DB PROFILE,it's ok but when i copy it to the program,then it can't connect the db please help me solving it,thx!!! application,open event: SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=EAS Demo DB V110;UID=dba;PWD=sql'" IF SQLCA.SQLCode = -1 THEN MessageBox("SQL error", SQLCA.SQLErrText) END IF Did you add Connect using SQLCA; before the IF....END IF statement? <sweet> wrote in me...

Error in ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4111bbc5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a Sybase ASE12.5 server installed on a Sun solaris machine. The server is working fine. I can connect to it from the xterminal and also from the Sybase 12.5 client. Now I need to confidure the ODBC connection too. I installed the Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver. But am not able to connect. I provided the right server ip, prot number, username and password but I keep getting the "DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION&quo...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

Web resources about - odbc error - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger blames referee's error for Southampton rout
Arsene Wenger acknowledged Southampton were the sharper team as they crushed Arsenal 4-0, but he also blamed the defeat on bad luck.

85 people missing in China landslide as residents blame government, officials cite human error - CTV ...
Rescuers searched Monday for 85 missing people a day after the collapse of a mountain of excavated soil and construction waste that had been ...

Spelling Error On Bronze Plaque Unveiled By Queen Cost Taxpayers $4K To Fix 14
“Why something of this complexity was not ordered months ago is a mystery to me.”

Changing the type of errors in directories
... for insurers. New regulations allow the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to fine insurers up to $25,000 per beneficiary for errors ...

New HTTP 451 error indicates pages have been blocked or censored
It's not every day that a new HTTP error code is introduced there are, after all, a limit to the number that could possibly be needed but it ...

It's The End Of An Error As Du Pont & Dow Chemical Merge
My reaction to the news that two of America's oldest if not most venerable companies — Du Pont and Dow Chemical — were merging was kind of bittersweet, ...

'Perfect storm of human error.' Grand jury declines to indict officers who killed Tamir Rice
... officers who are trigger happy. Equally ridiculous is the fact that somehow even McGinty’s assertion that Rice’s death was a result of error ...

‘Miss Universe’ Ratings OK On Fox With Winner Error, ‘Sunday Night Football’ Matches Season Low
There were winners and losers on Sunday's primetime, and if you were either the Philadelphia Eagles or Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez, last ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...