ODBC Driver needed to connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0

Looking for a Windows ODBC driver to allow me to connect to
an Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 database.  Sybase Sales told
me to download and install SQL Anywhere Developers Edition.
Will this work and if so what will the driver be named and
how do I use it
0
Paul

Hi

You might want to check this on the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general
newsgroup -

The ODBC Driver is called "Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0".
Configuring the data source depends on how you're setting up the ASA.
I'd check the docs, available online, in the product documentation section
under Support (www.sybase.com).  I'm not really an expert with this
configuration,
but I've done some - and not too difficult.

-Paul

<Paul> wrote in message news:47acbdb2.48ac.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Looking for a Windows ODBC driver to allow me to connect to
> an Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 database.  Sybase Sales told
> me to download and install SQL Anywhere Developers Edition.
> Will this work and if so what will the driver be named and
> how do I use it

0
Paul

ODBC Driver Needed for Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0
Can anyone point me to a link for the Windows 2000 ODBC Driver for Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0? Thanks, The ODBC driver is part of the install for ASA and subject to license. It is also updated as part of MR and EBFs installs. "Lou Pompa" <lpompa@llgroup.net> wrote in message news:42a44791$1@forums-2-dub... > Can anyone point me to a link for the Windows 2000 ODBC Driver for > Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0? > > Thanks, > > Chirs, Thank you for the reply. We are licensed for Version 7 through our application provider ProL...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

ODBC Driver for Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0
Can anyone point me to a link to download this ODBC driver? Thanks, ...

Adaptive Server Anywhere 6 ODBC remote connection
Do you have to have ODBC driver installed locally or is there a way to use the ODBC drivers on the server from a remote vpn desktop client using a Visual basic/Microsoft Access connection object. I'm working on a project for a another office in another state so I don't have access to the CD's for the program ODBC installs. Just asking if there is a way to do this or not and how? Thank you, David ...

Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC Drivers
Hello, I have some problems with the Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC Drivers, when I create A System DSN with the following values: Datasource name: Centix User ID: dba PWD: ************** Servername: Centix DataBasename: Centix Network protocol: TCP/IP All of these values will be saved in the registry, but if I open de ODBC Configuration for the DSN the only values that have been saved are the Datasource name and de database name the rest of the values are gone. I only have this problem with the Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC Drivers, with the MS SQL drivers or...

Looking for Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC driver
I'm trying to connect to a third party database via ODBC, and it appears that either the ODBC driver is either not set up or parts of it are missing. There is a separate applet in the system tray that is called dbeng7.exe which successfully connects to the database, but in the ODBC Database Administrator (found in the control panel) when I try to configure the ODBC data source I get an error message: "The setup routines for the Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver." But I don't have a separate "driver&q...

DSNless connection to Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.2

Looking for Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC driver #2
I'm trying to connect to a third party database via ODBC, and it appears that either the ODBC driver is either not set up or parts of it are missing. There is a separate applet in the system tray that is called dbeng7.exe which successfully connects to the database, but in the ODBC Database Administrator (found in the control panel) when I try to configure the ODBC data source I get an error message: "The setup routines for the Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver." But I don't have a separate "driver&q...

CONNECT TO ASA 6.0.3 SERVER WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER
I WANT TO CONNECT TO ASA SERVER FROM ANY CLIENT WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER JOHN PAGONIS Can't do that from PowerBuilder. On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:54:34 +0300, "������� �������" <jpag@ime.com.gr> wrote: >I WANT TO CONNECT TO ASA SERVER FROM ANY CLIENT WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER > >JOHN PAGONIS > > > > ...

ODBC Connectivity from Win2k8 x64 with Excel 2007 to Adaptive Server Anywhere v7
I have a Windows Server 2008 SP2 64-bit Terminal Server which is running software that accesses an Adaptive Server Anywhere v7 Database. This part is working fine, however what we can't get working is the ODBC connection from Excel 2007 to the Adaptive Server Anywhere v7 database. How can we get this working? Can we/Do we need to purchase the latest version of SQL Anywhere client software and install it on out 64-bit Terminal Server? and if so will this new client talk to an old v7 database server?... also if this is the solution, is the client software free? if the above su...

SQL Anywhere 11.0.1.2355 and ODBC connection fails 9 times out of 10
We have a client running SQL Anywhere 11.0.1.2355 and hosting their database on a Windows XP SP3 32-bit workstation. When they try to connect to the database, 9 times out of 10 the connection fails. The SQL Anywhere service is configured as follows: C:\database\database.db -n database -tl0 -ti600 -c50M The DBPing output from a workstation is as follows: SQL Anywhere Server Ping Utility Version 11.0.1.2355 Attempting to connect using: UID=dba;PWD=********;DBN=database;ENG=database;LINKS=all Attempting to connect to a running server... Trying to start SharedMemory link ......

Wher I can't create multiple DSNs for ODBC connections using Adaptive Server Anywhere???
Wher I can't create multiple DSNs for ODBC connections using Adaptive Server Anywhere??? I am not sure this is the newsgroup I need post this question. If this is not right group, please let me know which newsgroup I should post this question. I have created an Access Database and I tried to use this Access database to connect to different Sybase databases. I used Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 to create serveral DSNs pointing these different Sybase databases. Here is what I did. I created DSN1 (User DSN) for my Database1 using ODBC Data Source Administrator. DSN1 work...

Web resources about - ODBC Driver needed to connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Adaptive immune system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The adaptive immune system , also known as the acquired immune system or, more rarely, as the specific immune system , is a subsystem of the ...

General Adaptive (@GeneralAdaptive) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here General Adaptive @ GeneralAdaptive ...

Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent - YouTube ...
Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent Stephan Ehrenfeld, Fabian Schrodt, & Prof. Dr. ...

The agile bureaucracy: we need adaptive, innovative public servants who see beyond the routine
... of the Australian Public Service. But now, more than ever, we need an APS composed of agile employees. Agile employees are flexible, adaptive ...

Adaptive web - Adaptive content - Big Data
The next evolution of the web is making its presence felt in Australia. And this time, it's personal.

Regina adaptive sailing club looks to boost numbers
Wind on my Wings sailing club has been helping people with disabilities since 1999. Regina's adaptive sailing club might be the city's best kept ...

Young Entrepreneur Designs World's First Line Of Climate Adaptive Hijabs
Designed by 22-year-old Ahmad Ghanem, these climate-adaptive hijabs are the first of their kind.

IIHS developing rating system for adaptive headlights
Filed under: Safety , Technology The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is turning its attention to headlights, and particularly the adaptive ...

China allowing second child an adaptive reform: Daily
Times LIVE China allowing second child an adaptive reform: Daily Business Standard in the People's Daily said that China is to allow all couples ...