ODBC Driver Kit (Version 12.0) installation

I installed the driver kit on NT 4. Whenever I try to add a DSN it fails
with the message "The setup routines for the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver ODBC
driver could not be loaded due to system error code 127".
BTW the duplicate "ODBC Driver" is not a typo.

0
Hans

Two causes of this error

1- The registry is pointing to the wrong SYSYBNT.DLL this can be fixed
     by installing the odbc sys11-nt.inf  or sy11-95.inf script file right
click on the
     file then click on install the file is in the sybase\odbc directory

2- The syodutlr.dll or sybutl.dll file for the odbc setup may be the wrong
one
     some times setup does not over wright the old one rename and reinstall
     or replace the dll's with the latest EBF

Wayne Smith

"Hans Malherbe" <hansmalSPAMELA@intekom.co.za> wrote in message

> I installed the driver kit on NT 4. Whenever I try to add a DSN it fails
> with the message "The setup routines for the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver ODBC
> driver could not be loaded due to system error code 127".
> BTW the duplicate "ODBC Driver" is not a typo.

0
wayne
6/27/2000 11:49:37 AM
I also encountered the same thing...
I deleted all registry entries for Sybase and deleted the C:\sybase
directory and sybase installed files in C:\winnt\system32 directory (it
should be something like (sys*.dll).
I tried running the installer again and it worked.

0
Ricky

ASE 12.0 odbc drivers not installed
I'm installing ASE 12.0 in Windows 2000 Pro, but the odbc drivers are not installed and I can't find the dlls. I run \sybase\odbc\sybcsp.exe but nothing happens. Thank you When you try to create a Data Source yuou do not find "Sybase ASE ODBC Driver"?? Do you have Open Client installed? (It should install with the installer) Also is there a directory: %SYBASE%\ODBC-3_5? It should contain the DLLs, SYODASE.DLL.... pv "Luis Porras" <luis.porras@dakotaimaging.com> wrote in message news:40ae3a8d@forums-1-dub... > I'm installing ...

Anyone have Version 12.0.0 of ODBC?
Does anyone have "Version 12.0.0 of the ODBC Driver Kit (32-bit) for Intel NT"... I tried getting it from http://download.sybase.com/esd/odbc.html but the server just keeps timing out... I think the file is called EBF8617.zip just email me if you have it... Thanks Evan ...

Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver
I recently downloaded the developer version of the ASE. I have been trying to configure an ODBC connection to newly installed software on my computer and each time I test the connection in the "ODBC Administrator(32 bit)" I am getting "Client unable to establish a connection". I have confirmed that I am using the same connection parameters as "Sybase Central v6.0" uses. The computer I installed on is a Vista Enterprise SP2 64 bit system. The "Sybase Central v6.0" program connects up fine. DSEDIT has no trouble pinging the SQL Server servic...

how do I install odbc driver and use odbc conneciton ?
Hi, I have a little problem with a new hosting at the moment.We have a working version of the website written in asp.net C#, with local sql 2005 express. We have been uploading the database tables using the program I wrote in delphi, (which I had to do since the original database is something that VS cannot read well I assume at least). I can access the database on the web via MS SQL Management Studio 2008 and I can run queries to check records. And here is the issue.I just use normal SQLConnect  to connec to the database. And It wouldn't work by saying that :&nb...

ODBC driver 12.0
Hi! I have a problem retriving the contents of large Text fields. I never returns more than 4096 characters. Using: Linux Redhat 6.1 ASE 11.0.0.3 Winnt with ODBC driver 12.0 Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise with RDO I have tried the GetChunk function in RDO as well. I suspect the ODBC driver. When i use SQL Advantage, everything works just fine! Anyone got a clue? regards �ystein Selbekk Hi Oystein, Post your question in the news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.connectivity.odbc newsgroup. I believe it is just a configuration issue.. Jason "�ystein Sel...

RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C290A3.ED9243D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" OK, thanks, 0.45xx didn't seem to be any better, so I decided to post the errors to the group. Mark. [Mark Buckle] -----Original Message----- From: Jeff Urlwin [mailto:jurlwin@bellatlantic.net] Sent: 19 November 2002 15:34 To: Mark Buckle; dbi-users@perl.org Cc: jurlwin@bellatlantic.net Subject: RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on NT4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00 That's the driver. It seems that everything else is ok, but t...

DBD::ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28FBF.39892550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" bash-2.05b$ perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 0) configuration: Platform: osname=cygwin, osvers=1.3.12(0.5432), archname=cygwin-multi-64int uname='cygwin_nt-5.0 kmbestst 1.3.12(0.5432) 2002-07-06 02:16 i686 unknown ' config_args='-de -Dmksymlinks -Dusemultiplicity -Duse64bitint -Doptimize=-O2 -Dman3ext=3pm' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef use...

Installing the ODBC 12.5 driver
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do the install of the 12.5 ODBC driver unattended? TIA Mike ...

Installed ODBC driver (System 11) not available in ODBC Admin
I've installed the ODBC drivers for Sybase System 11, but they do not show up in the 'Driver' tab in the ODBC Admin program. I have just installed MS SQL Server 2000 and VB 6, so I have the latest ODBC Admin program/DLL's. Any Ideas? TIA Jim K. Check your odbcinst.ini registry entry, make sure "Sybase Susyem 11" shows up there Jim K wrote: > > I've installed the ODBC drivers for Sybase System 11, but they do not show > up in the 'Driver' tab in the ODBC Admin program. I have just installed MS > SQL Server 2000 and VB 6...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ODBC Driver 12.0
Hi! I have a problem retriving the contents of large Text fields. It never returns more than 4096 characters. Using: Linux Redhat 6.1 ASE 11.0.0.3 Winnt with ODBC driver 12.0 Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise with RDO I have tried the GetChunk function in RDO as well. I suspect the ODBC driver. When i use SQL Advantage, everything works just fine! Anyone got a clue? regards �ystein Selbekk Hello �ystein, did you check the value of @@textsize with 'select @@textsize'! If it is set to 4096 then you found the reason. You can set a new textsize with the set com...

ODBC drivers in PowerBuilder version 11.0
We use in PowerBuilder version 7.03 PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT TextFile(*.*) driver for ODBC connection to txt database. Where can we find ODBC driver for this database in PowerBuilder version 11.0 ? OS version : Windows XP. ODBC is a standard that is totally independant from PowerBuilder. You should be able to use it from PB11 without any problems. <Zhenya Perelman> wrote in message news:46a8c790.2126.1681692777@sybase.com... > We use in PowerBuilder version 7.03 PB INTERSOLV > OEM 3.11 32-BIT TextFile(*.*) driver for ODBC > connection to txt database. > ...

PB 6.0 and Installed ODBC Drivers
I just upgraded to PB 6.0 but can't get it to connect to my SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database. None of the drivers appear in the ODBC configuration window inside PB 6.0. They are still present in the ODBC32 setup from the control panel. Anyone know how to get the drivers to show up? I've uninstalled and reinstalled 6.0 with no luck. Thanks, -- James L. Knowlton President and Programer/Analyst Law Enforcement Automated Data Systems, Inc Richmond, VA begin 666 James L. Knowlton.vcf M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DMN;W=L=&]N.TIA;65S.TPN M.SL-"D...

Web resources about - ODBC Driver Kit (Version 12.0) installation - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march
Washington Post Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march Chicago Tribune Sonja Henderson, artist with the ...

PV Market Alliance Estimates 2015 PV Installations Were At Least 51 GW
The PV Market Alliance has published new figures estimating solar PV installations during 2015 reached at least 51 GW. According to the PV Market ...