ODBC Driver 12.0 - Text fields

Hi!
I have a problem retriving the contents of large Text fields. It never
returns more than 4096 characters.

Using:
Linux Redhat 6.1
ASE 11.0.0.3
Winnt with ODBC driver 12.0
Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise with RDO

I have tried the GetChunk function in RDO as well.
I suspect the ODBC driver.
When i use SQL Advantage, everything works just fine!

Anyone got a clue?

regards �ystein Selbekk

0
ystein

Hello �ystein,

did you check the value of @@textsize with 'select @@textsize'!
If it is set to 4096 then you found the reason.
You can set a new textsize with the set command

set textsize {number} where number is the value textsize should have (0 to
set the default value)

Bye
Wolfgang Kunk
RTL Television

"�ystein Selbekk" schrieb:

> Hi!
> I have a problem retriving the contents of large Text fields. It never
> returns more than 4096 characters.
>
> Using:
> Linux Redhat 6.1
> ASE 11.0.0.3
> Winnt with ODBC driver 12.0
> Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise with RDO
>
> I have tried the GetChunk function in RDO as well.
> I suspect the ODBC driver.
> When i use SQL Advantage, everything works just fine!
>
> Anyone got a clue?
>
> regards �ystein Selbekk

0
Wolfgang
3/10/2000 8:00:48 AM
Wolfgang Kunk <wolfgang.kunk@rtl.de> wrote in message
> Hello �ystein,
>
> did you check the value of @@textsize with 'select @@textsize'!
> If it is set to 4096 then you found the reason.
> You can set a new textsize with the set command
>
> set textsize {number} where number is the value textsize should have (0 to
> set the default value)

Did so. The return value was: 32768!

The content of the text field is ok when i fetch it using SQL advantage, so
i guess this has something to do with the ODBC driver because SQL advantage
does not use ODBC to connect to the database!

regards Oystein Selbekk

0
ystein
3/10/2000 9:09:26 AM
Hello �ystein,

maybe it has something to do with the 'Default Buffer Size for Log Columns'
(Advanced page of ODBC configuration). But this is only a supposition.

Bye
Wolfgang Kunk
RTL Television

"�ystein Selbekk" schrieb:

> Wolfgang Kunk <wolfgang.kunk@rtl.de> wrote in message
> > Hello �ystein,
> >
> > did you check the value of @@textsize with 'select @@textsize'!
> > If it is set to 4096 then you found the reason.
> > You can set a new textsize with the set command
> >
> > set textsize {number} where number is the value textsize should have (0 to
> > set the default value)
>
> Did so. The return value was: 32768!
>
> The content of the text field is ok when i fetch it using SQL advantage, so
> i guess this has something to do with the ODBC driver because SQL advantage
> does not use ODBC to connect to the database!
>
> regards Oystein Selbekk

0
Wolfgang

Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver
I recently downloaded the developer version of the ASE. I have been trying to configure an ODBC connection to newly installed software on my computer and each time I test the connection in the "ODBC Administrator(32 bit)" I am getting "Client unable to establish a connection". I have confirmed that I am using the same connection parameters as "Sybase Central v6.0" uses. The computer I installed on is a Vista Enterprise SP2 64 bit system. The "Sybase Central v6.0" program connects up fine. DSEDIT has no trouble pinging the SQL Server servic...

ODBC driver 12.0
Hi! I have a problem retriving the contents of large Text fields. I never returns more than 4096 characters. Using: Linux Redhat 6.1 ASE 11.0.0.3 Winnt with ODBC driver 12.0 Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise with RDO I have tried the GetChunk function in RDO as well. I suspect the ODBC driver. When i use SQL Advantage, everything works just fine! Anyone got a clue? regards �ystein Selbekk Hi Oystein, Post your question in the news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.connectivity.odbc newsgroup. I believe it is just a configuration issue.. Jason "�ystein Sel...

DBD::ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28FBF.39892550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" bash-2.05b$ perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 0) configuration: Platform: osname=cygwin, osvers=1.3.12(0.5432), archname=cygwin-multi-64int uname='cygwin_nt-5.0 kmbestst 1.3.12(0.5432) 2002-07-06 02:16 i686 unknown ' config_args='-de -Dmksymlinks -Dusemultiplicity -Duse64bitint -Doptimize=-O2 -Dman3ext=3pm' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef use...

RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C290A3.ED9243D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" OK, thanks, 0.45xx didn't seem to be any better, so I decided to post the errors to the group. Mark. [Mark Buckle] -----Original Message----- From: Jeff Urlwin [mailto:jurlwin@bellatlantic.net] Sent: 19 November 2002 15:34 To: Mark Buckle; dbi-users@perl.org Cc: jurlwin@bellatlantic.net Subject: RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on NT4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00 That's the driver. It seems that everything else is ok, but t...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ASE 12.0 odbc drivers not installed
I'm installing ASE 12.0 in Windows 2000 Pro, but the odbc drivers are not installed and I can't find the dlls. I run \sybase\odbc\sybcsp.exe but nothing happens. Thank you When you try to create a Data Source yuou do not find "Sybase ASE ODBC Driver"?? Do you have Open Client installed? (It should install with the installer) Also is there a directory: %SYBASE%\ODBC-3_5? It should contain the DLLs, SYODASE.DLL.... pv "Luis Porras" <luis.porras@dakotaimaging.com> wrote in message news:40ae3a8d@forums-1-dub... > I'm installing ...

ODBC Driver Kit (Version 12.0) installation
I installed the driver kit on NT 4. Whenever I try to add a DSN it fails with the message "The setup routines for the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 127". BTW the duplicate "ODBC Driver" is not a typo. Two causes of this error 1- The registry is pointing to the wrong SYSYBNT.DLL this can be fixed by installing the odbc sys11-nt.inf or sy11-95.inf script file right click on the file then click on install the file is in the sybase\odbc directory 2- The syodutlr.dll or sybutl.dll file for the odbc se...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

chasing ASA 9.0.0 ODBC driver, must be PRE 9.0.0 ebf 1226
hi all, i am chasing un-updated odbc driver files (i assume DBODBC9.DLL plus related files) in an attempt to find a way to connect an old power++ app to ASA V9. I am using psdwe.ocx v5.0.3.1. Apparently this will work with 9.0.0 odbc driver files prior to ebf 1226. is there anywhere these older files can be found in the absence of an original 9.0.0 release CD? cheers, Luke You can certainly find that EBF on the downloads site (you may have to expand the timeframe to all and refresh the list). However, it will not install older files over newer files so you will nee...

CONNECT TO ASA 6.0.3 SERVER WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER
I WANT TO CONNECT TO ASA SERVER FROM ANY CLIENT WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER JOHN PAGONIS Can't do that from PowerBuilder. On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:54:34 +0300, "������� �������" <jpag@ime.com.gr> wrote: >I WANT TO CONNECT TO ASA SERVER FROM ANY CLIENT WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER > >JOHN PAGONIS > > > > ...

Connecting to ASE 12.0 from VBA via ODBC using ADO
Hi, i am trying to connect to our ase 12.0 via ado and execute a certain procedure with an input parameter. However the results are tend to be different from the ones when i execute the same proc directly throuth isql (the procedure must return less entries then it actually returns througth ado and moreover the columns with some Null values is viewed by ADO as thouth ANY value is null i.e. it returns only NULLs and doesnt distinguish real values among them). Are there any features in ASE ODBC driver? I am using a 3.50.00.10 or is the script just incorrect? As far as I undesta...

ASE 12.5 ODBC drivers for NT 4.0/win2K
Where can I get the latest copy of the 12.5 ASE ODBC drivers? The only thing that I can find are some related EBF's, I need the full driver install. - Thanks If you are licensed with Sybase ASE or Software Developer Kit then you would have the CDRom for the PC CLient that contains the ODBC driver installation. The 12.5 ODBC driver is not available for download. pv mhenriks wrote: > > Where can I get the latest copy of the 12.5 ASE ODBC drivers? The only > thing that I can find are some related EBF's, I need the full driver > install. - Thanks You...

ODBC Driver needed to connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0
Looking for a Windows ODBC driver to allow me to connect to an Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 database. Sybase Sales told me to download and install SQL Anywhere Developers Edition. Will this work and if so what will the driver be named and how do I use it Hi You might want to check this on the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general newsgroup - The ODBC Driver is called "Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0". Configuring the data source depends on how you're setting up the ASA. I'd check the docs, available online, in the product documentation section under Support (www.s...

ODBC 12 with Direct Connect 12.5
We are using Open Client 12.0 with the 12.0 ODBC driver on the desktop to connect to the Direct Connect for OS/390 version 12.0 using Sunlink SNA. The application uses RDO as a middle layer between it and the ODBC driver. This works fine. I installed DC for 390 V12.5 using TCP/IP for mainframe access. Some applications began failing in the RDO layer. The first connection works but later ones fail. We rolled back to DC 12.0. We are planning to recode and replace RDO with ADO, but is there something we can do with the ODBC driver or the gateway to resolve this? Hello Ed, ...

Web resources about - ODBC Driver 12.0 - Text fields - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Driver's license - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A driver's license/licence or driving licence is an official document which states that a person may operate one or more types of motorized vehicles, ...

Record number of fine defaulters losing drivers’ licences - AdelaideNow Search Search
A CRACKDOWN on fine defaulters has resulted in a record number of drivers’ licences being suspended, figures show.

Vic drink driver caught five times limit - The Courier-Mail Search Search
A MELBOURNE man has learnt the hard way that you shouldn't drive the morning after a night of partying.

Vic drink driver caught five times limit
A MELBOURNE man has learnt the hard way that you shouldn't drive the morning after a night of partying.

City launches new app to help drivers find cars given 'courtesy tow'
The City of Winnipeg is hoping a new app will make it easier for drivers to find their vehicle once it's been given a "courtesy tow" as part ...

This Tuesday, get Driver Booster 3.1 PRO, worth $22.95, FREE at Downloadcrew Giveaway!
Are your PC’s drivers up-to-date? It’s not always easy to find out, but worth checking there could be a pile of performance enhancements and ...

Uber drivers are fighting for their rights
An employment tribunal case brought by Uber drivers against the cab-hailing app kicks off in London on Friday. It's the preliminary hearing ...

One dead, dozens hurt after driver rams into Las Vegas crowd - Videos - CBS News
A woman is under arrest in Las Vegas after police say she deliberately rammed her car into a crowd. One person died and at least 30 others are ...

Driver who plowed into crowd on Las Vegas Strip faces murder charge
A woman with her 3-year-old daughter in the car smashed into crowds of visitors on the Las Vegas Strip, then drove to a hotel and told a valet ...

Man Stabs DC Bus Driver Because Of Bump
'I just got out of jail. I don’t care about going back'