ODBC Data Resource Configuration for VPN connection to a remote ASE Database On Windows Server 2003 using Active Directory Credentials

Hello,

I have to write a code that accesses a remote database using
ODBC,
the access is on VPN, using Active Directory credentials on
a Windows Server 2003 and the database is ASE 15.
I created a new dsedit server matching the one of the
credentials the client sent and on vpn I am able to ping
successfully the database there. But when I try to create an
ODBC Data Resource file on my computer so that I can write
the code for a specific requirement from my computer I am
faced with an error, [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to
establish connection.

The Active Directory Credentials given by the client where
(without the values of course)
View Name :
ServerName :
UserName  :
Database :
Password :

I am wondering if I am making the correct configuration in
the ODBC Data Resource file or not, or even if I need it.
The code will be written using Java.
Any help would be very much appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Best Regards
0
nsawaya

Hi

How are you configuring the ODBC connection string or data source?

-Paul

<nsawaya> wrote in message news:4d3001b6.7f5c.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have to write a code that accesses a remote database using
> ODBC,
> the access is on VPN, using Active Directory credentials on
> a Windows Server 2003 and the database is ASE 15.
> I created a new dsedit server matching the one of the
> credentials the client sent and on vpn I am able to ping
> successfully the database there. But when I try to create an
> ODBC Data Resource file on my computer so that I can write
> the code for a specific requirement from my computer I am
> faced with an error, [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to
> establish connection.
>
> The Active Directory Credentials given by the client where
> (without the values of course)
> View Name :
> ServerName :
> UserName  :
> Database :
> Password :
>
> I am wondering if I am making the correct configuration in
> the ODBC Data Resource file or not, or even if I need it.
> The code will be written using Java.
> Any help would be very much appreciated,
> Thanks in advance,
> Best Regards

0
Paul