ODBC Connect Error - TDS on XP

I have just installed the new TDS driver on my XP Pro machine.

     ODBC Sybase DirectConnect TDS Driver 4.0
     Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
     Version 4.00
     April 2003
     Release ID I0368

I get the following error when trying the connect to our SQL Server 11.9
database running on Sun Solaris.

Warning
[DataDirect][ODBC DirectConnect driver]The server info
'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec sp_server_info.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Also, I no longer see the DSEDIT program that I used on my NT 4.0 machine
with the OpenClient 11.1 drivers.  Is this no longer needed.

Thanks.
0
Robin

Hello Robin,

You are using the incorrect driver.  Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver is
to be used ONLY with the
Sybase DirectConnect gateway products , particularly the products that
access the mainframe. They
will not work against Sybase ASE.

I do not know what else you have, but ASE 11.9 should include a cd that
contains client software, one
of which is the SYbase System 11 Odbc driver, which requires Open Client
11.  If Open Client is properly
installed you should be able to use dsedit.

Currently there is a TDS based ODBC driver for ASE : Sybase ASE ODBC
Driver.  This is available when you upgrade
ASE to 12.5 (cdrom for client software is included).

pv

Robin KIRKLAND wrote:

> I have just installed the new TDS driver on my XP Pro machine.
>
>      ODBC Sybase DirectConnect TDS Driver 4.0
>      Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
>      Version 4.00
>      April 2003
>      Release ID I0368
>
> I get the following error when trying the connect to our SQL Server 11.9
> database running on Sun Solaris.
>
> Warning
> [DataDirect][ODBC DirectConnect driver]The server info
> 'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec sp_server_info.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do?
>
> Also, I no longer see the DSEDIT program that I used on my NT 4.0 machine
> with the OpenClient 11.1 drivers.  Is this no longer needed.
>
> Thanks.
0
odbcpse

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

Error with ODBC Connection
I got an error when I tried to attach a sybase table in Access 2.0. The error message is: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Allocation of a Sybase Open Client Context failed. Sybase normally generates a SYBINIT.ERR file containing more specific reasons for failing. The SYBINIT.ERR file in the \ACCESS20\ directory is empty, however. I'm using Sybase 10 ODBC. Please help! Ming mingpan@netscape.net The problem you're expiriencing is the lack of environment variables for your OC. You have to set up in your station the following variables: SYBASE=OCPath INCL...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

Error in ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4111bbc5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a Sybase ASE12.5 server installed on a Sun solaris machine. The server is working fine. I can connect to it from the xterminal and also from the Sybase 12.5 client. Now I need to confidure the ODBC connection too. I installed the Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver. But am not able to connect. I provided the right server ip, prot number, username and password but I keep getting the "DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION&quo...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

ODBC Connection Error
Can anyone help me out? I have an app that I created in PB 6.5 that connects to an MS Access database. The first problem I had was that the last connection made to the database was the only one allowed to do any updating to the database. I had to work around that one. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. The next problem I had was after I plcaed the .exe and the database in a folder on a server so everyone could get to it. I have no problem connection and neither does a few other people who were helpin me test. The problem comes about when the end user tries to use i...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

Web resources about - ODBC Connect Error - TDS on XP - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Connect Four - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Connect Four (also known as Captain's Mistress , Four Up , Plot Four , Find Four , Fourplay , Four in a Row and Four in a Line ) is a two-player ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

Kinvey Connects Mobile Apps To Facebook’s Open Graph
Facebook’s open graph technology is great for Web applications that want to better connect with users through the social network. But what about ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Salesforce Connect Improves Data Integration for Enterprise Apps
Salesforce has renamed and updated its Lightning Connect services to help users access and manage data in external enterprise apps.