ODBC 12 with Direct Connect 12.5

We are using Open Client 12.0 with the 12.0 ODBC driver on the desktop to
connect to the Direct Connect for OS/390 version 12.0 using Sunlink SNA.
The application uses RDO as a middle layer between it and the ODBC driver.
This works fine.

I installed DC for 390 V12.5 using TCP/IP for mainframe access.  Some
applications began failing in the RDO layer.  The first connection works
but later ones fail.  We rolled back to DC 12.0.  We are planning to recode
and replace RDO with ADO, but is there something we can do with the ODBC
driver or the gateway to resolve this?
0
Ed_Rutkowski

Hello Ed,

If you are using the Sybase ASE ODBC Driver, you should consider using
the
DC ODBC Driver instead.  ADO will work better.

The 12.0 drivcer is made specifically for ASE and OpenServer apps except
DirectConnect
since there is a specific driver for DC.  Let me know exactly what
driver you refer to
and give us an idea of the error you are encountering.

pv

Ed_Rutkowski wrote:

> We are using Open Client 12.0 with the 12.0 ODBC driver on the desktop to
> connect to the Direct Connect for OS/390 version 12.0 using Sunlink SNA.
> The application uses RDO as a middle layer between it and the ODBC driver.
> This works fine.
>
> I installed DC for 390 V12.5 using TCP/IP for mainframe access.  Some
> applications began failing in the RDO layer.  The first connection works
> but later ones fail.  We rolled back to DC 12.0.  We are planning to recode
> and replace RDO with ADO, but is there something we can do with the ODBC
> driver or the gateway to resolve this?
0
odbcpse

Error on ODBC 12.5 connection
Hi, I have a W2K box running the 12.5x Sybase PCClient connecting to an AIX ASE 12.0 server, and all the Coldfusion applications were working fine with the previous ODBC version, but now I'm getting this error: Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][INTERSOLV] [ODBC SQL Server driver]Data type for parameter 1 has changed since first SQLExecute call. Thanks! ~Luis Hi Luis, You need to direct this to DataDirect (Progress Software) who is the vendor of this product. I do not think Sybase releases this in anything. I know that it is not distributed with ...

ODBC connectivity on ASE 12.5.1
Hi, i have successfully installed the Adaptive Server Enterprise on the Win 2000 server and the client on Win 2000 also. But i cant find any ODBC driver for ASE on the Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Pls advise. ...

ASE 12.5 ODBC Connection Pooling
I'm trying to setup an ASE ODBC connection pool on a Win2003 server. The Sybase Open Client has been installed on the server, and when I go into ODBC Administrator, System DSN, and create a new Sybase connection, I get the ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol Driver Setup screen. I enter the parameters and click Test Connection, where I get prompted for Login ID and Password. When I enter these values, it connects fine. I suspect that for the connection pool to work, you need to somehow supply these values outside of the application (PB12 .NET assembly as a webservice). Can someone...

ODBC connectivity on ASE 12.5.1 #2
Hi, i have successfully installed the Adaptive Server Enterprise on the Win 2000 server and the client on Win 2000 also. But i cant find any ODBC driver for ASE on the Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Pls advise. Ang Chee, I do not think this is anything to do with your installation. You can manuall configure shortcut to odbc under Adminstrative Services or use RUN command odbcad32.exe. For my curiosity, why do you need odbc to connect from Sybase client to Sybase Server? You can use DSEDIT and create an INI file entry. Rao/.. "Ang C...

ODBC Connect with Access2003 to ASE 12.5.3
Hi, i have successfully established a odbc connection with Microsoft Access 2003 .to ASE 12.5.3 When trying to open some linked tables in access, the fields are filled with "#deleted" ( in german #Gel�scht ) Some tables are showing the right content. i am using: DB Server ASE 12.5.3 on RedHat ES 3 Client: Windows XP PC-Client with odbc-driver from ASE 15 installed. Any help is appreciated! Uwe Hi, I'm not sure what does this - You might want to update ODBC Driver to 15.0.0.152 (SDK 15.0 ESD#08) Also, try setting Use Cursors to 1 in the Data So...

Connecting to ASE 12.5 through PHP using ODBC
Hi Is it possible for me to connect to ASE 12,5 from my PHP script using a ODBC driver? The PHP runs on RHEL 3.0 and has both the Open Client libraries and the ODBC drivers (12.5) installed. Thanks in advance Hemalatha Not tested but if PHP allows ODBC connections, then ASE does ship a driver for Linux. You can use OCS SDK 12.5.1 ESD9/ESD10 -Ashish <Hemalatha> wrote in message news:430dff68.1e24.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Is it possible for me to connect to ASE 12,5 from my PHP > script using a ODBC driver? The PHP runs on RHEL 3.0 and has >...

Problem connecting to ASE 12.5 using ODBC
When connecting to ASE 12.5 using the 12.5 ODBC driver (on Windows XP) I am unable to connect and receive a blank message in the warning dialog that appears. I believe it is initially connecting to the server becuase if the password or user id is incorrect I an error message is displaye din the dialog. Hi - What application and what connection string? Could you post some sample of this? paul <Adam> wrote in message news:408e2a83.2e1b.1681692777@sybase.com... > When connecting to ASE 12.5 using the 12.5 ODBC driver (on > Windows XP) I am unable to connect and rece...

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas This was answered in another thread. Please do NOT post the same message to more than one newsgroup. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas Thomas Matej wrote: > Hallo group, > > I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on > my windows 2000 PC to my ...

Problem Client 12.5.2 ODBC connecting to multiple databases
ASE Multi-server environment. We connect to the catalog, call a stored procedure (sp_1) there to determine which customer database the requested account resides on, then this proc calls a stored procedure (another sp called sp_1) on the target customer database to retrieve the required data. In the catalog sp_1 after determining which server and database the account resides on we build up a string such as @cmd = server.database..sp_1 'account123' Then call exec (@cmd) Using client 12.0 this works. After upgrading to 12.5.2 we now get an error when calling exe...

ODBC for ASE 12.5.3 Linux, connecting from App on Linux box
Hello; We have a web application on a Linux patform that we are trying to connect to ASE database 12.5.3 on a Suse 9 Linux box. Thsi our first time, Linux to Linux. Can't seem to find ODBC drivers anywhere on Sybase website or CDs. Do they exist as a Sybase product, can't seem to find it, or do we have to purchase a driver from a third party? If so can you identify the third party of choice? Thanks. Claude Shea Government of PEI, Canada ...

connecting 5.8.3 Perl to ASE-12.5, connection successful, no dbh returned
I have installed the latest Perl from Activestate and (Personal) Sybase ASE 12.5 on WindowsXP, as well as the Sybase Client files and .dlls. On another part of the system we've managed to get Java (1.3.1) to connect and talk to Sybase, it seems the Perl ->Sybase connection is proving more tricky than expected. I've run ppm and installed both DBI and DBD::Sybase for Perl and used this code to connect : >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> use DBI;...

Problems with ODBC v.12.5 Problebase v.12.0
Hi all, We had a system running fine on WIN 4.0 with ODBC v.11 (3.11.00.22) and a Sybase v12.0. Recently we had to switch to a Win 2000 system with ODBC V.12.5 (3.70.00.20). Our system are based on stored procdeures on the server. After the switch many of our stored procedure calls failed. I have searched the net and found one suggested soultion: Insert the Sybase command: SET NOCOUNT ON in the beginning of the stored procdures. This due to a problem with the new driver sending back empty recordsets. The SET statement solved some of our problems but not all. Please help....

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Web resources about - ODBC 12 with Direct Connect 12.5 - sybase.connectivity.odbc

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Apple celebrates App Store records as it notes iTunes Connect’s usual holiday break
Apple has posted the dates of the usual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect , running for eight days from 22 to 29 December inclusive. During ...

FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots
FishbowlNY Newsstand: Connect The Dots

Apple announces Dec. 22-29 holiday closing dates for iTunes Connect
Apple has announced the dates for the annual holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect. As in the previous year , Apples developer portal is scheduled ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...