Network Packet Layer Error

When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6
application I receive the following error:

DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results():
network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation
terminated due to disconnect (6)

This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server
Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar  8 09:27:07 PST
1998.  I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform.

Thank You

Phil Rogers

Phil,

The error is coming from the netlib layer of OpenClient,  indicating the
client became disconnected for some reason.  If this only happens going
against one ASE server but not others it is not an odbc problem.  Check the
ASE server error log for more info and verify that other clients are not
having network problems when connecting to that ASE server.

Steve Healey
Sybase TS

"R. Philip Rogers" wrote:

> When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6
> application I receive the following error:
>
> DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results():
> network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation
> terminated due to disconnect (6)
>
> This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server
> Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar  8 09:27:07 PST
> 1998.  I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform.
>
> Thank You
>
> Phil Rogers

0
Steve

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: SUn Solaris Client: Winnt 4.0 Sybase system 10 client John.taber@cntcorp.com ...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: Sun Solaris Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 john.taber@cntcorp.com I have the same thing that happens on: Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12 Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10 I have never been able to track down the cause. <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:1AA373CC983538CC0072CF018525695B.0072CF0E8525695B@webforums... > Has anyone seen this? > > Server: Sun Solaris > Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 > > john.taber@cntcorp.com What are your server settings for: default network packet s...

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

network packet layer error
I am trying to set up sybase to have one sybase application (solaris) talk to another (dec unix). I get the following error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Kathy Holland kholland1@home.com ...

network packet layer error
I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? mflower wrote... > I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal > net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write > data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? > It could be that your interfaces file is not set up properly. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

Network packet layer error
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

Network packet layer error #2
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

network packet layer error #2
hi i am using ASE 12.5.2 we are using a powerbuilder utility which reads data from a text file line by line does some front end validation and inserts into the database through a stored procedure. The size size of the text file is huge and it takes nearly 3 hours to complete usually. But now its throwing the following database errors and aborting after one or two hours. " ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" "ct_cmd_alloc(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked...

Cleint ERROR
Hi, I'm working on hpux 10.20 with ctlib 11.1. I have a program that receives a notification and right after it tries to retrieve a table. The retrieve fails with the following error: Client ERROR: Severity 5 number 18 Layer 5 Origin 1 Text: ct_result(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received. If I put a delay between the notification reception and the retrieve - everything works fine. Any ideas ?? ...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ct-lirary error: network packet layer
Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means? ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library error terminated due to disconnect Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase any help please??? Anonymous@sybase.com wrote: > > Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means? > > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library > error terminated due to disconnect > > Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase > > any help please??? CT-Libr...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

Web resources about - Network Packet Layer Error - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Cartoon Network (Russia and Southeastern Europe) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cartoon Network Russia and Southeastern Europe is a Russian/Bulgarian channel, which started on October 1, 2009. It replaced the Pan-European ...

TPG Telecom considers fighting NBN with mobile networks
TPG has warned it might spend more on mobile networks that compete against NBN if proposals to tax internet users in the city for the cost of ...

Alleged Newcastle paedophile network to be exposed by royal commission
Details have emerged about a web of alleged child sexual abuse gripping the Newcastle Anglican diocese.

TV Jobs: Fox News, Food Network, Vidicom/Citybuzz
This week, Fox News is hiring a producer for America’s News Headquarters and a senior producer for Fox & Friends. Meanwhile, Food Network is ...

ROEV lets you use multiple charging networks with one account
... , Electric Blink, ChargePoint, and EVgo are partnering up with ROEV, a new association that will let you use charging stations on any network ...

Tricks for building a Wi-Fi network that covers your entire house
... be one of the most annoying pieces of technology in your home if not set up correctly. There are some ways a poorly configured wireless network ...

The long arm of the network executive suite
The long arm of the network executive suite by digby They're doing it again: CNN global affairs correspondent Elise Labott has been suspended ...

China breaks up $64 billion underground banking network
CNNMoney China breaks up $64 billion underground banking network Centre Daily Times The People's Daily newspaper said more than 370 people ...

IDG Contributor Network: Why do we visualize data?
Why do we visualize data? Do data visualizations aim to inform audiences effectively? Or do they simply aim to catch people’s eye, providing ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 7:51:42 PM