MS SQL ODBC driver returns trailing spaces

I can connect to the db using the MS SQL odbc wizard,
however character fields are return with trailing spaces.
I'm using PB12 but have had this problem with other versions
of PB (6, 7 , 8) and ALL versions of MS SQL.

EX:  do a search on customer id, user enters '12345'
(without quotes), db returns info but customer id is '12345
   '.  what parameter do i set in the wizard or DBPARM to
truncate trailing spaces?
0
Tom

MS SQL Server ODBC driver connecting again for SELECTBLOB
I recently changed drivers from the MS SQL Server native driver to the ODBC driver. Now whenever I issue a SELECTBLOB statement the ODBC "Select Datasource" dialog pops up. It seems like it is trying to make another connection? Anyone have any ideas what is happening? I am using ODBC 3.5 and the latest ODBC driver from MS. Also PB 6.5 on Win95. I am also experiencing a lot of GPF's in PBODB60.dll -- Chris Gross Chesapeake System Solutions, Inc. ( www.chessys.com ) Indeed, PowerBuilder does make another connection to handle SELECTBLOB/UPDATEBLOB logic....

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

ODBC driver or Native driver with MS SQL 7.0
Hi, What is the advantage of using the native driver toward a Microsoft SQL 7.0 instead of the ODBC driver? Is the native driver only available in the Enterprise version? I use the Professional version 6.0, and I don't see any native drivers, only ODBC! Thanks! Per "Per Buus Sorensen" <PBS@BUUSSYS.DK> wrote in message news:dMjAFGL7$GA.304@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > What is the advantage of using the native driver toward a Microsoft SQL 7.0 > instead of the ODBC driver? > The advantages we found are (a) it is much faster, ...

DBD::ODBC and ODBC SQL Servre driver
Hi, I am currently using the trial version of the Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server driv= er. I need to be able to connect from Perl to SQL Server using a Linux mach= ine and am currently using DBI version 1.607. I was hoping someone could te= ll me which versions of the DBD::ODBC and ODBC-SQL Server driver would be c= ompatible with this version of the DBI so that I would not have to update t= he DBI ...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

MS SQL ODBC Driver, When Native
Hi, I am testing out Jaguar 3.0 and PB 7.0.1 with a view to moving all our 2 Tier apps to 3 Tier. Our 2 Tier apps are partioned so it should be a straight forward to move all the business logic ( NVOs) to EAS. For our Database Server we are using MS Sql Server 6.5 with native drivers. Now EAS does not support MS Native drivers ( only Sybase & Oracle ), this would mean using ODBC for us. In the past we have had lots of issues with ODBC with different apps ( VB, Acess, Excel etc ) requiring different versions of ODBC drivers. I have coded a simple component in PB7 to retrei...

MS-SQL native driver to ODBC ???
Hi all, Our application has been developed using PB6 (and migrated to PB9) and native driver to MS-SQL 2000 with stored procedures. When the DWs have been created, PB has generated automatically this kind of syntax: execute dbo.spr_cms_extended_info;1 @a_cms_ext_info_label_domain = :a_cms_ext_info_label_domain, @a_cms_ext_info_text_item_id = :a_cms_ext_info_text_item_id Now the MS-SQL native driver is not supported with PB10. Then I have created a new connection to our database via ODBC.. But now all the DWs (with this syntax) don't work. If I run a DW preview: Select ...

Connecting to MS-SQL on a laptop with ODBC
I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server from my laptop with ODBC. I can accomplish this but, the performance is hindered incredibly. When we connect to the same server get on a SQL Anywhere database the performance is acceptable. Also other workstations(not laptops) connecting to the MS SQL Server have NO performance problems. Is there anything that I can do to make the communication between my laptop and the server to speed up. We are trying to migrate and the performance I am getting in pipelines is about 5 records a second while the workstations are capable of 100 - 200 a se...

I'm getting java.sql.SQLException and Database not found error while connecting SQL Anyware using ODBC driver.
Hi Friends, I'm getting java.sql.SQLException and Database not found error while connecting SQL Anyware using ODBC driver. I've specified following points while creating the DSN DSN name=xyz Server name=abc User name=pqr password=**** And I'm trying to access this database by writing a JAVA program. I created URL like this jdbc:odbc:xyz Now it is throwing above error can anyone please suggest me how to get rid of this problem, any thing more has to be done, please specify Thanks in advance, hamsa ...

Web resources about - MS SQL ODBC driver returns trailing spaces - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Trailing edge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ Crane, Dale: Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms, third edition , page 521. Aviation Supplies & Academics, 1997. ISBN 1-56027-287-2 Wikipedia® ...

Pinterest Now Ranks 3rd, Trailing Twitter And Facebook
That didn’t take long: Pinterest is now comfortably in third place in terms of traffic for social networks, trailing Facebook and Twitter. Experian ...

All sizes - NASA Captures Two Major Hurricanes: Darby Trailing Celia - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Trailing the crowded field, Republican Scott Walker quits
The Wisconsin governor until recently considered a leading contender for the Republican presidential nomination, has reportedly decided to quit ...

Silvio Berlusconi trailing Pier Luigi Bersani as Italians head to the polls
Economic Times Silvio Berlusconi trailing Pier Luigi Bersani as Italians head to the polls Herald Sun AUSTERITY-hit Italians take to the polls ...

Polls Have Labor Still Trailing Coalition
Putting too much faith in what the polls say is a flawed strategy.

Why Abbott is trailing in the polls despite his successes
The Abbott Government has a far better record than its Labor predecessor, but in politics these days successes don't make up for mistakes. The ...

PlayStation 4 interest ahead in survey, Wii U trailing behind
Sony's console is riding high in surveys, but will that translate to sales?

Conservatives trailing behind NDP, Liberals in Nanos power index
The federal Conservatives are trailing behind the NDP and Liberals in the latest Nanos poll, with 41 per cent of Canadians saying they would ...

McSally, still trailing, attends orientation
Republican Martha McSally is going through freshman orientation for new U.S. House members in Washington, D.C., this week, despite a growing ...