MS Access 2000 "forgets" PWD and UID in ODBC connection string

Hi,

When accessing our Sybase SQL Server via MS Access 2000/ODBC through the
Sybase ASE ODBC Driver (v12), at startup Access always asks me to enter my
DB login name and password. I've already edited the ODBC connection string
in the linked tables' properies but my changes are not saved.

Can anyone help me with a solution to this?

TIA,
Axel Dahmen

0
Axel

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

"connect" not connecting
--047d7b6daa88824eef04e00a3d35 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I have been using DBI for several years, and have a fairly extensive group of programs that relay on DBI to connect to a database and extract data. All my programs use a common library of functions that includes a function which connects to the database: $dsn = 'dbi:ODBC:prod1' ; $user = 'user' ; $passwd = 'XXXXXXXX' ; $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die "Could not connect to database: "...

connecting to a database "MS Access"
hi guys, I have a project in MS Access database, I need to access my database using VB.NET, my questing is, how can i connect to my database and show the result to a datagrid? Thanks in advance, sandman16. Look here for connection string examples. In ASP.NET QuickStart Tutorial (section Data Binding Server Controls) you will find examples of using datagrid.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog Check out ASPNet101.com - there are many MS Access examples - once you get past displaying records, you'll most likely need to edit/update, etc.... http://www.aspnet101.com/aspnet101/a...

ODBC connection to MS Access 2000
I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I have Access 2000 installed on my PC. I deployed it to a PC that apparently has MS Access 97 installed. When I run one of the datawindows I get a message "[ODBC Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...." Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97. I want to keep my database and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run? I don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5 on Windows 2000) ---== Poste...

"ODBC" "OleDb": Hosting for SQL Server 2000. Help!
All my code is from the SqlClient namespace, so am I ok if I use asp.net 1.1 / 2.0 hosting and ODBC or OleDb as the "connector" technology?Thanks. I guess yes, but using the correct classes would be better..   RegardsASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest) I came across a host that offered SQL Server 2000 hosting and nowhere was "ODBC" or "OLEDB" mentioned. I was told that I am given a ready made SQL db to use. I just transfer my tables, etc to it.I know that I use the Oracle namespace if I am connecting to Oracle. But such understanding is not about how Oracle is connected to .NET. I presu...

Encrypting "connection strings" and "mail settings" in web.config
I'm trying to encrypt two sections of my web.config.  Encryption works fine when I try encrypting either <connectionStrings> or <system.net/mailSettings/smtp> alone.  But when I try and do both together, I get an error and only the <connectionStrings> section encrypts properly.  Here's the error:Parser Error Message: The configuration file has been changed by another program.Source Error: [No relevant source lines] Here's the code I'm using . . .protected void EncryptConfig(bool bEncrypt) {obje...

"submit" to Access DB returns "connection closed"error
The error when I submit data  is as follows: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.Source Error: Line 17: Dim comDatabase As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strSQL, conDatabase) Line 18: Line 19: comDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 20:...

KDE Networkmanager uses "auto eth0" connection instead of my "home" connection
KDE - Opensuse 11.4. After a boot the networkmanager always uses the auto eth0 connection instead of my "home" connection which uses a static ip. I can swhitch it back manually, but it frustrates me that after each boot, it used the auto eth0 connection again which uses DHCP instead of static ip. Note: I have checked "connect automatically" for my home connection, but it seemes to be ignored... I know that I could just drop the kde networkmanager and use ifup via yast, but that is just a workaround and not a solution to my problem. This problem was also in ...

Replacing BDE for "non-standard" ODBC connection
We're in the process of moving our applications from Delphi 2007 (and earlier) to Delphi 2010, getting ready for Windows 7 We've been able to use dbxpress to replace BDE for 2 of our databases (MySQL and Informix), however we have a third that uses a non-standard database server that we can only access through ODBC and BDE Is there any solution for moving on from BDE for this, or will users of this database be forced to stay on Windows XP??? Cheers Dan Dan Kelly wrote: > We've been able to use dbxpress to replace BDE for 2 of our databases > (MySQL and Infor...

Remove "Autostop" warning from ODBC Test Connection
Please remove the following confirmation dialog from the "Test Connection" dialog in the ODBC Administrator: ===== The "Autostop parameter is turned off. Would you like to leave the database running after testing the connection? ===== The answer is always "yes, if I wanted the engine to stop I would have checked the steenking checkbox". Breck Don't Need No Steenking Warning :) -- SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer's Guide Buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1556225067/risingroad-20 bcarter@risingroad.com Mobile and Dist...

Connect to DBase file through "native" driver but not ODBC
Hi, Could i connect to DBase file not through ODBC Driver in PB? (I means something like native driver in Visual FoxPro) Thanks Johnson No such animal. Ashton-Tate (or whomever you want to blame) never built "client" software to access DBase files; they weren't intended to be used that way (they were meant for stand-alone systems, not client-server). FoxPro builds the logic into its own engine. PB doesn't. All PB native drivers just access the client software for their respective databases, and let the DBMS manufacturer take care of the issues. Good ...

Completely "Stealth" connection with dial-up, but now almost wide "OPEN!" with Direcway connection. What to do?
Hi all, After 9 years on the Internet, this is my first newsgroup post, ever. Using Sygate Personal Firewall and my dial-up connection, I achieved complete Stealth with SU. (Zone Alarm Pro wouldn't close Port 1025.) I just switched to a Direcway (satellite) Internet connection, and now most of my Ports are OPEN! and I've Failed the SU test miserably: Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED), Unsolicited Packets: PASSED, and Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED). Anyone have an explanation or solution? Thanks. RichardG RichardGardinerMD wrote: > Hi all, > After 9 years on...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC connection fails w/"invalid db name"
I have been trying without any luck to re-establish connection to EASDemo DB from the ODBC configuration. I have been getting all kinds of errors such as "DB page size is too large", to "invalid DB name". I have tried to delete and recreate the system data source, didn't work, I re-installed the EASDemo DB again, didn't seem to help. Any ideas as to how I can get re-established with this all important ODBC connection? Thanks, I appreciate the help Sarita The problem you describe is one that I wrote an FAQ on. Read it at: http://www.dyn-data.com/im...

Web resources about - MS Access 2000 "forgets" PWD and UID in ODBC connection string - sybase.connectivity.odbc