Microsoft ODBC text driver...

What is the Microsoft ODBC text driver? When I use the ODBC data source
administrator on my nt workstation to add a new data source there is a
entry called microsoft odbc text driver shown as a choice for the new
datasource odbc driver.  Does this mean that I can use a text file as a
database? If so can I do this over a network?

Thanks in advance,
-Dave Arnold

0
Dave

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
What courses this error(s)? Please help I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> Local file for remote synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0) On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote: > What courses this error(s)? > Please help > > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main> Local file for remote > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' &g...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hello, I am getting the following error while connecting to SQL Server 2005 from my ASP application. Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Appreciate your quick help.  Thanks, Satya. Hi Satya, This exception may be caused by a few reasons, please refer to the KB article below to trouble and fix it. PRB: ASP Error 80004005 "Data Source Name Not Found"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345Jian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies ...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open
Dear friends, I have difficulty to connect my database through ODBC connection. When I try to do that in Data Explorer under section of ODBC, I will face with "Failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open" error. I have no idea where it comes from. I tried on different PCs with Windows 7 and 8 based on 64 bit and 32 bit machine. My database is Postgres. Could anyone help me out please? >When I try to do that in Data Explorer under section of ODBC I saw a lot of problems using the data explorer with various connection types (odbc, MSSQL) Try to co...

DBD::ODBC 1.14 does not work on Windows x64 using Microsoft ODBC drivers
I have Perl 5.8.8 built for Windows x64 from Activestate (version 822) installed on a Windows 2003 x64 bit server (Xeon processor). I have installed version 1.59 of DBI and version 1.14 of DBD::ODBC compiled for x64 bit, using the freely available Microsoft SDK. The ODBC-ODBC bridge used is supposed to be for 64 bit, as described by Microsoft. I ran the attached test script and get an error: DBD::ODBC::st execute failed: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid string or buffer length (SQL-HY090)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at test_dbd-odbc.pl line 48. This seems to ...

can't connect to ODBC text driver
Here is part of the code: <% Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};" &_ "Dbq=D:\Site;" & _ "Extensions=asc, csv, tab, txt;" & _ "Persist Security Info=False" ...... I receive an error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC è÷ñè Driver] þþäâãøä ìà çå÷éú áîôúç Excel ...

Error connecting to a Oracle Rdb Driver using microsoft.data.odbc
i've been given a new pc with windowsxp. i've installed the .Net software and odbcrdb drivers version 3.00.02.06. i've installled the adodb.net driver and latest Mdac. On my old pc i had no problems connecting. But now i'm getting the following error when trying to open the connection: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified . i cannot see what is causing the above, tried entering several different providers etc. on the old pc i was connecting to another developers server and connecting to his dsn's. Now i'v...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.54]
Hello, My application is running online. At times it throws following error, and in the second attempt it starts working just fine. It happens only once in a while. The query error pointing to as erroneous is simple select and where statement, and I am sure nothing is wrong with that, as the query runs fine normally. Waitinf for replies!!! Server Error in '/phaseI' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.54]You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''shakil'' at line 1 ...

Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list
I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version). I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers when I installed the database. But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen. I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path. I have also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed. NOTE: My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D). C:\ has my system files and NT and D:\ h...

{System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction
Hi All I am using Enterprise Library 3.1 to connect MySQL database with the help of MySQL ODBC driver 5.1. Following is connection string <add name="MySQLConnect" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};server=127.0.0.1;database=MySQLDatabase;user=testUser;option=3" providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/> Everything works fine with this driver except the transaction. Following transaction code always throws an error. {System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transa...

wegconfig connectionstring ADODB System.Data.Odbc error is [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'
    <add name="MYADODBCUSTOMERCONNECTIONSTRING" connectionString="Driver={SQL Server};Server=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;Database=myDbname;Uid=xxxxx;Pwd=xxxxx" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" />   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near 'TSQL'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: [Micros...

Web resources about - Microsoft ODBC text driver... - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message