Latest ODBC driver vor SUN Solaris

Hi,

Can someone help me where I can get the latest ODBC driver for Sybase. All
I found is for Windows platforms but I am running it on a SUN solaris
server.

Thanks
Patrik
0
patrik

Hello,

Sybase does not produce a UNIX ODBC driver for any platform
except Linux.  To get an ODBC Driver for Solaris, try one of these
companies:

http://www.datadirect-technologies.com
(Datadirect is the company that makes Sybase's Windows platform
ODBC Drivers).

http://www.openlinksw.com/

patrik.kiefer@ecce-swiss.ch wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can someone help me where I can get the latest ODBC driver for Sybase. All
>I found is for Windows platforms but I am running it on a SUN solaris
>server.
>
>Thanks
>Patrik

0
Neal

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

ODBC for Connecting Powerbuilder 6.5 on Sun Solaris to Oracle
Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? Yes, assuming you mean PB6.5 running on W95/NT. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. joe wrote in message <37554C8A.2E3D4A6C@idfm.com>... >Does Powerbuilder 6.5 support the following: >ODBC to connect to Oracle 8.05 on a Sun Solaris machine? > ...

Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list
I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version). I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers when I installed the database. But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen. I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path. I have also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed. NOTE: My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D). C:\ has my system files and NT and D:\ h...

Problem in EAServer 3.5 odbc driver with ASA database for SUN Solaris!
Hi, i had a problem in the EAServer 3.5 about the connection cache that use the odbc driver. My Jaguar server's connection cache use odbc driver but the sybase central could not to connect the ASA. Thanks a lot. platform: EAS 3.5 Sun Solaris 2.7 ASA 6.0.3 Saul, I'm not sure I understand your question. What is failing, Jaguar, Sybase Central, or both? Scott "Saul" <saulchen@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:xA$OaMK4$GA.86@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, i had a problem in the EAServer 3.5 about the connection cache that use > the odbc...

ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
What courses this error(s)? Please help I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> Local file for remote synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0) On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote: > What courses this error(s)? > Please help > > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main> Local file for remote > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle' &g...

Latest ODBC driver
God! I have searched the Sybase site for information about the latest ODBC driver for hours, but nothing! That site is really IMPOSSIBLE to navigate. Then I should try the on-line support, but that didn't work either :( So, I hope that this will work better... Now, my question: Which is the latest ODBC driver for SQL Server? (I have version 3.11.00.01.) And, does this (the latest) support connection pooling? (Mine doesn't.) TIA Malin 12.0 ODBC and yes, I believe it does support connection pooling. The 12.0 ODBC driver is ODBC 3.51 compliant. Eric Mal...

Latest ODBC Driver
I have Sybase 11 running on a Windows NT server. I have a Windows 2000 Workstation with ODBC driver 11.5.1 Is there a new version of this driver, if so, how do I get it? Thanks! Vince wrote: > I have Sybase 11 running on a Windows NT server. > I have a Windows 2000 Workstation with ODBC driver 11.5.1 > > Is there a new version of this driver, if so, how do I get it? > > Thanks! Hi Vince, You can download it from http://www.sybase.com/downloads hope this helps Jason -- Jason L. Froebe [Team Sybase] http://jfroebe.bookcrossing.com ...

Latest ODBC driver
Hi, Where can I download the latest ASA ODBC driver? I'm having a problem with my application, and I'd like to test changing the ODBC driver as well. Thanks, Edgard Install the latest EBF for the specific version and maintenance release that you are using. -chris Edgard L. Riba wrote: > Hi, > > Where can I download the latest ASA ODBC driver? > > I'm having a problem with my application, and I'd like to test changing the > ODBC driver as well. > > Thanks, > Edgard > > The probability that your symp...

Latest ODBC Drivers
Hey, I'm still a sybase newbie so some of these questions may be dumb...but I'm having problems with the 3.50.00.10 ODBC drivers(from the ASE 12 CD) and am having trouble looking for updates. Are there any published updates to this, and can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, I know this may sound dumb, but what is an EBF? I found a page on Sybase's web site where i can download an ODBC driver kit/EBF/? but don't want to try that on my system til I know what that is...is that the update? Thanks in advance! Chad Let us know what the problem is a...

ODBC Driver Connect
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere using the ODBC SQLDriverConnect() and specifying the filename of the SQL Anywhere database. The documentation says it can be done by passing a string specifying the driver and the database file, but whenever I do this I get an error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified" I have tried lots of variations on the connection string but I always get the same error message. The string I am trying at the moment looks like this: Connection:=ODBC;Driver="d:\Program Files\Sybase\...

ODBC driver for Solaris
Hi We are currently using DB library for sybase connectivity on SPARC Solaris2.5.1 and 2.6. We would like to make a transition to Clint lib (CT lib) or ODBC. My questions are 1) Are there sybase ODBC drivers for SPARC Solaris ? 2) How to obtain/purchase them? 3) What about Intersolv ODBC drivers? 4) Will there be performance problems as compared to DB lib ot CT lib? 5) Are the ODBC drivers/API multi-thread safe? Thanks Siva Anonymous@sybase.com wrote: > We are currently using DB library for sybase connectivity on > SPARC Solaris2.5.1 and 2.6. We would like to mak...

ODBC Connection in Solaris
hi, My understanding from the manual, i have added a entry in ODBC.ini which is in intersolv folder [ODBC Data Sources] mydb = Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0 [mydb] Driver=/opt/sybase/shared/SYBasa8/lib/dbodbc8_r.so ENG=mydb CommLinks=tcpip(Host=192.168.1.5) UID=dba PWD=sql where my db is running in the windows2000 machine. So i have given the the IP address of the machine in CommLink Host. mydb is my db server name I am using this DSN in the PB Component which is deployed in EAServer(Solaris). DB connection failed while calling the component. Solaris 5.10 ...

Web resources about - Latest ODBC driver vor SUN Solaris - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Solaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Solari Report Blog - The Solari Report Blog
Disclaimer Nothing on The Solari Report should be taken as individual investment advice. Anyone seeking investment advice for his or her personal ...

Solaris Books
Publishers of Science-Fiction, Fantasy and Dark Fantasy

Welcome to Solaris Mobile Online » Solaris Mobile solarismobile.com
Your default description here Home About Us Services Media Contact Us Wireless Wideband Communication for the Mobile Age Solaris Mobile leads ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Solaris
Solaris Operating System - Gateway page to knowledge base, forums, patches, hardware guide, online support center, marketing materials, product ...

Chris Solari (@chrissolari) on Twitter

Solaris - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
En grande -large size See where this picture was taken. [?]

Solaris Full Highway Scene - YouTube
Highway scene from Tarkovsky's Solaris (1972)

Oracle subpoenas Comcast in connection with Solaris support lawsuit
Oracle and Comcast are locked in a legal tussle related to Oracle's intellectual-property lawsuit against Solaris OS support providers Terix ...

Can toilet paper be a luxury product? Solaris attacks $1.4b oligopoly
Solaris Paper head Terry Hughes is going up-market with a toilet paper brand called Emporia, tackling the $1.4 billion oligopoly in Australia's ...