Internal Error when connecting to ASE 15.5 with "Encrypt Password" on

Just installed Sybase ASE 15.5 demo on Windows with all
defaults.
Then connection via ODBC fails if the "Encrypt Password" is
on. Is that expected?
0
Martin

There is a bug logged with Sybase on similar issue.

Could you post the exact ASE version and ASE ODBC Driver version?

This is currently being looked at and we are awaiting the results, such as
how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

-Paul

<Martin Rakhmanov> wrote in message
> Just installed Sybase ASE 15.5 demo on Windows with all
> defaults.
> Then connection via ODBC fails if the "Encrypt Password" is
> on. Is that expected?

0
Paul
5/6/2010 5:25:21 PM
Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.5/EBF 17218 SMP/P/NT
(IX86)/Windows 2003/ase155/2391/32-bit/OPT/Mon Nov 09
14:18:14 2009

ODBC: Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.05.00.1000
SYBDRVODB.DLL 11/1/2009

Could you please post an update here on the status of this
issue?

> Hi,
>
> There is a bug logged with Sybase on similar issue.
>
> Could you post the exact ASE version and ASE ODBC Driver
> version?
>
> This is currently being looked at and we are awaiting the
> results, such as  how to resolve this issue.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Paul
>
> <Martin Rakhmanov> wrote in message
> > Just installed Sybase ASE 15.5 demo on Windows with all
> > defaults.
> > Then connection via ODBC fails if the "Encrypt Password"
> > is on. Is that expected?

0
Martin
5/6/2010 6:08:52 PM
Paul

Could you confirm this is a known bug?

Thanks

> Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.5/EBF 17218 SMP/P/NT
> (IX86)/Windows 2003/ase155/2391/32-bit/OPT/Mon Nov 09
> 14:18:14 2009
>
> ODBC: Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.05.00.1000
> SYBDRVODB.DLL 11/1/2009
>
> Could you please post an update here on the status of this
> issue?
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a bug logged with Sybase on similar issue.
> >
> > Could you post the exact ASE version and ASE ODBC Driver
> > version?
> >
> > This is currently being looked at and we are awaiting
> > the results, such as  how to resolve this issue.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > -Paul
> >
> > <Martin Rakhmanov> wrote in message
> > > Just installed Sybase ASE 15.5 demo on Windows with
> > > all defaults.
> > > Then connection via ODBC fails if the "Encrypt
> > > Password" is on. Is that expected?

0
Martin
5/17/2010 3:49:16 PM
Hi Martin,

We have a CR logged, 623464, and Eng is currently working on this.

The odd thing is some ASE it works and others it doesn't and not sure why.

15.5.1015.0 (SDK 15.5 ESD#04) also has the issue.  And on these servers,
ISQL works fine so we're pretty sure it's a driver issue.
Our hope is to get it figured out before SDK 15.5 ESD#05 release (end of
June).  If we can't get it in that one, we release it in ESD#06,
eta to be determined.

When ESD#05 releases you can check the Cover letter to see if the CR is
listed.

> Paul
>
> Could you confirm this is a known bug?
>
> Thanks
>
>> Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.5/EBF 17218 SMP/P/NT
>> (IX86)/Windows 2003/ase155/2391/32-bit/OPT/Mon Nov 09
>> 14:18:14 2009
>>
>> ODBC: Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.05.00.1000
>> SYBDRVODB.DLL 11/1/2009
>>
>> Could you please post an update here on the status of this
>> issue?
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > There is a bug logged with Sybase on similar issue.
>> >
>> > Could you post the exact ASE version and ASE ODBC Driver
>> > version?
>> >
>> > This is currently being looked at and we are awaiting
>> > the results, such as  how to resolve this issue.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > -Paul
>> >
>> > <Martin Rakhmanov> wrote in message

0
Paul

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

"connect" not connecting
--047d7b6daa88824eef04e00a3d35 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I have been using DBI for several years, and have a fairly extensive group of programs that relay on DBI to connect to a database and extract data. All my programs use a common library of functions that includes a function which connects to the database: $dsn = 'dbi:ODBC:prod1' ; $user = 'user' ; $passwd = 'XXXXXXXX' ; $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die "Could not connect to database: "...

"Error establishing an encrypted connection. Error code -5891"
Why do I get this frequently when trying to access secure sites? If I use Opera or even IE, I connect just fine. I am using FF v. 1.5.0.4 build 2006050817. I have "Use TSL 1.0", "Use SSL 2.0" and "Use SSL 3.0" all checked in my options. Am I doing or not doing something to cause this? Thank you, BP On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:24:36 -0400, BP, That's Me! wrote: >Why do I get this frequently when trying to access secure sites? If I >use Opera or even IE, I connect just fine. > >I am using FF v. 1.5.0.4 build 2006050817. > >I ...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine What version of PB? Are you using Oracle higher then 8.03? -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))...

Re: An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I am using PB 7.0.2 build 8046 Oracle 8.1.6 Windows 2000 and Oracle drivers to work with database. I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the one from PB5003. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Tatiana Yaseneva" <T.Yaseneva@upc.kiev.ua> wrote in message news:HNCpgpxHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or > to the same) once more. At that moment Power ...

Database error code -102 "too many connections" SQL Anywhere 5.5.02
We're are creating transaction objects dynamically and connecting and disconnecting once the transaction is completed. The problem is after 10 repetitions of connecting I get the error message "too many connections". I know 10 is the connection limit for dbeng50 (running under win95) but I should never get that many since I am disconnecting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance, mark mlibner@spartanburg.net Hmm, Are you using SetTrans() instead of the SetTransObject() function? BTW, what version are you using? 5.5.0.3 is the current release. --...

"submit" to Access DB returns "connection closed"error
The error when I submit data  is as follows: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.Source Error: Line 17: Dim comDatabase As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strSQL, conDatabase) Line 18: Line 19: comDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 20:...

Encrypting "connection strings" and "mail settings" in web.config
I'm trying to encrypt two sections of my web.config.  Encryption works fine when I try encrypting either <connectionStrings> or <system.net/mailSettings/smtp> alone.  But when I try and do both together, I get an error and only the <connectionStrings> section encrypts properly.  Here's the error:Parser Error Message: The configuration file has been changed by another program.Source Error: [No relevant source lines] Here's the code I'm using . . .protected void EncryptConfig(bool bEncrypt) {obje...

KDE Networkmanager uses "auto eth0" connection instead of my "home" connection
KDE - Opensuse 11.4. After a boot the networkmanager always uses the auto eth0 connection instead of my "home" connection which uses a static ip. I can swhitch it back manually, but it frustrates me that after each boot, it used the auto eth0 connection again which uses DHCP instead of static ip. Note: I have checked "connect automatically" for my home connection, but it seemes to be ignored... I know that I could just drop the kde networkmanager and use ifup via yast, but that is just a workaround and not a solution to my problem. This problem was also in ...

Completely "Stealth" connection with dial-up, but now almost wide "OPEN!" with Direcway connection. What to do?
Hi all, After 9 years on the Internet, this is my first newsgroup post, ever. Using Sygate Personal Firewall and my dial-up connection, I achieved complete Stealth with SU. (Zone Alarm Pro wouldn't close Port 1025.) I just switched to a Direcway (satellite) Internet connection, and now most of my Ports are OPEN! and I've Failed the SU test miserably: Solicited TCP Packets: RECEIVED (FAILED), Unsolicited Packets: PASSED, and Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED). Anyone have an explanation or solution? Thanks. RichardG RichardGardinerMD wrote: > Hi all, > After 9 years on...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

Web resources about - Internal Error when connecting to ASE 15.5 with "Encrypt Password" on - sybase.connectivity.odbc