HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3

Greetings,

I'm trying to connect
   MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to
   ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using
   ODBC on XP SP3, using
   ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver
The System ODBC connection was created with defaults.

Checking ASE, I can see
successful login connection
select @@pagesize
sp_odbc_server_info
select db_name()
sp_odbc_tables

The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Alberto
0
Alberto

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to connect
>    MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to
>    ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using
>    ODBC on XP SP3, using
>    ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver
> The System ODBC connection was created with defaults.
>
> Checking ASE, I can see
> successful login connection
> select @@pagesize
> sp_odbc_server_info
> select db_name()
> sp_odbc_tables
Also got sp_odbc_datatype_info (missed that on the scroll)

> Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"
>
> Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Alberto

Should read
Checking ASE, I can see
   successful login connection
   select @@pagesize
   sp_odbc_server_info
   select db_name()
   sp_odbc_tables
   sp_odbc_datatype_info

Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"

I suspect ASE is sending back datatype info that MSQRY32
does not like.

Any idea what info that would be and how to fix.

Alberto
0
Alberto
8/4/2009 5:21:38 PM
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I'm trying to connect
> >    MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to
> >    ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using
> >    ODBC on XP SP3, using
> >    ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver
> > The System ODBC connection was created with defaults.
> >
> > Checking ASE, I can see
> > successful login connection
> > select @@pagesize
> > sp_odbc_server_info
> > select db_name()
> > sp_odbc_tables
> Also got sp_odbc_datatype_info (missed that on the scroll)
>
> > Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"
> >
> > Any idea how to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Alberto
>
> Should read
> Checking ASE, I can see
>    successful login connection
>    select @@pagesize
>    sp_odbc_server_info
>    select db_name()
>    sp_odbc_tables
>    sp_odbc_datatype_info
>
> Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"
>
> I suspect ASE is sending back datatype info that MSQRY32
> does not like.
>
> Any idea what info that would be and how to fix.
>
> Alberto

installmaster shows version:

Installing sp_odbc_computeprivs
Installing sp_odbc_server_info
Installing sp_odbc_databases
Installing sp_odbc_columns
Installing sp_odbc_datatype_info
Installing sp_odbc_getversioncolumns
Installing sp_odbc_getcolumnprivileges
Installing sp_odbc_tables
Installing sp_odbc_gettableprivileges
Installing sp_odbc_getindexinfo
Installing sp_odbc_primarykey
Installing sp_odbc_fkeys
Installing sp_odbc_stored_procedures
Installing sp_odbc_getprocedurecolumns

ODBC - Build Version : 15.0.0.346/Fri 01-16-2009 17:45:38.79

Regards,

Alberto
0
Alberto
8/4/2009 5:25:33 PM
Hi Alberto,

There are some problems with that build in using MSQuery.  Please try SDK
ESD#18 (15.0.0.350)
or in a day or two, ESD#19 is releasing, all on the Sybase download page.
This should resolve the problem.
But I'm using an MSQuery prior to your version, but I had problems (not
exactly like yours) so if the problem
persists please open a Tech Support case with Sybase.

Thank you,

-Paul

<Alberto> wrote in message news:4a786f0c.4919.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> > Greetings,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to connect
>> >    MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to
>> >    ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using
>> >    ODBC on XP SP3, using
>> >    ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver
>> > The System ODBC connection was created with defaults.
>> >
>> > Checking ASE, I can see
>> > successful login connection
>> > select @@pagesize
>> > sp_odbc_server_info
>> > select db_name()
>> > sp_odbc_tables
>> Also got sp_odbc_datatype_info (missed that on the scroll)
>>
>> > Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"
>> >
>> > Any idea how to fix this?
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advance.
>> >
>> > Alberto
>>
>> Should read
>> Checking ASE, I can see
>>    successful login connection
>>    select @@pagesize
>>    sp_odbc_server_info
>>    select db_name()
>>    sp_odbc_tables
>>    sp_odbc_datatype_info
>>
>> Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"
>>
>> I suspect ASE is sending back datatype info that MSQRY32
>> does not like.
>>
>> Any idea what info that would be and how to fix.
>>
>> Alberto
>
> installmaster shows version:
>
> Installing sp_odbc_computeprivs
> Installing sp_odbc_server_info
> Installing sp_odbc_databases
> Installing sp_odbc_columns
> Installing sp_odbc_datatype_info
> Installing sp_odbc_getversioncolumns
> Installing sp_odbc_getcolumnprivileges
> Installing sp_odbc_tables
> Installing sp_odbc_gettableprivileges
> Installing sp_odbc_getindexinfo
> Installing sp_odbc_primarykey
> Installing sp_odbc_fkeys
> Installing sp_odbc_stored_procedures
> Installing sp_odbc_getprocedurecolumns
>
> ODBC - Build Version : 15.0.0.346/Fri 01-16-2009 17:45:38.79
>

> Regards,
>
> Alberto

0
Paul
8/4/2009 10:01:03 PM
Paul Vero [Sybase] wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> There are some problems with that build in using MSQuery.  Please try SDK
> ESD#18 (15.0.0.350)
> or in a day or two, ESD#19 is releasing, all on the Sybase download page.
> This should resolve the problem.
> But I'm using an MSQuery prior to your version, but I had problems (not
> exactly like yours) so if the problem
> persists please open a Tech Support case with Sybase.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Paul

>>> Also got sp_odbc_datatype_info (missed that on the scroll)

>>> Should read
>>> Checking ASE, I can see
>>>    successful login connection
>>>    select @@pagesize
>>>    sp_odbc_server_info
>>>    select db_name()
>>>    sp_odbc_tables
>>>    sp_odbc_datatype_info
>>>
>>> Then I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error"
>>>
>>> I suspect ASE is sending back datatype info that MSQRY32
>>> does not like.
>>>
>>> Any idea what info that would be and how to fix.
>>>
>>> Alberto
>> installmaster shows version:
>>
>> Installing sp_odbc_computeprivs
>> Installing sp_odbc_server_info
>> Installing sp_odbc_databases
>> Installing sp_odbc_columns
>> Installing sp_odbc_datatype_info
>> Installing sp_odbc_getversioncolumns
>> Installing sp_odbc_getcolumnprivileges
>> Installing sp_odbc_tables
>> Installing sp_odbc_gettableprivileges
>> Installing sp_odbc_getindexinfo
>> Installing sp_odbc_primarykey
>> Installing sp_odbc_fkeys
>> Installing sp_odbc_stored_procedures
>> Installing sp_odbc_getprocedurecolumns
>>
>> ODBC - Build Version : 15.0.0.346/Fri 01-16-2009 17:45:38.79
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Alberto

Thanks,

I'll download ESD#19 and test when it becomes available.

Alberto
1
Alberto
8/5/2009 6:12:01 AM
Hi Alberto,

ESD#19 is now posted on the download site.

-Paul

"Alberto" <Alberto.daSilva@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Paul Vero [Sybase] wrote:
>> Hi Alberto,
>>
>> There are some problems with that build in using MSQuery.  Please try SDK
>> ESD#18 (15.0.0.350)
>> or in a day or two, ESD#19 is releasing, all on the Sybase download page.
>> This should resolve the problem.
>> But I'm using an MSQuery prior to your version, but I had problems (not
>> exactly like yours) so if the problem
>> persists please open a Tech Support case with Sybase.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> -Paul

>>> installmaster shows version:
>>>
>>> Installing sp_odbc_computeprivs
>>> Installing sp_odbc_server_info
>>> Installing sp_odbc_databases
>>> Installing sp_odbc_columns
>>> Installing sp_odbc_datatype_info
>>> Installing sp_odbc_getversioncolumns
>>> Installing sp_odbc_getcolumnprivileges
>>> Installing sp_odbc_tables
>>> Installing sp_odbc_gettableprivileges
>>> Installing sp_odbc_getindexinfo
>>> Installing sp_odbc_primarykey
>>> Installing sp_odbc_fkeys
>>> Installing sp_odbc_stored_procedures
>>> Installing sp_odbc_getprocedurecolumns
>>>
>>> ODBC - Build Version : 15.0.0.346/Fri 01-16-2009 17:45:38.79
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Alberto
>
> Thanks,
>
> I'll download ESD#19 and test when it becomes available.
>
> Alberto

1
Paul

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."
PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS! upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded software. rebooted server. selected "upgrade server" in Configure Sybase Servers window. typed in sa password. got "CONNECTIVITY ERROR: DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." -- Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/ Yahoo Messenger ID: chuck_boyce_jr http://messenger.yahoo.com AOL Instant Messenger ID: sg95m476 http://www.aol.com/aim/ ICQ Messenger ID: 41449031 http://www.icq.com ...

Computed cols in SQL for MSAccess97/ODBC Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------F21A16DD29433C95A4753747 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I try the following SQL from PB6.5 via ODBC connection to MSAccess97 I get an "Out of memory" error message. The error goes away if I exclude the computed column: Select type_code, 0.0 as Qty_1, 0.0 as Qty_2, 'D' as Cope_Drag From Mold_Job P.S. If I use double quotes around the D ("D"), then the I get an ODBC error regarding missing parameters. Any help is appreciated. --------...

Computed cols in SQL for MSAccess97/ODBC Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------F21A16DD29433C95A4753747 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I try the following SQL from PB6.5 via ODBC connection to MSAccess97 I get an "Out of memory" error message. The error goes away if I exclude the computed column: Select type_code, 0.0 as Qty_1, 0.0 as Qty_2, 'D' as Cope_Drag From Mold_Job P.S. If I use double quotes around the D ("D"), then the I get an ODBC error regarding missing parameters. Any help is appreciated. --------...

Internal Error when connecting to ASE 15.5 with "Encrypt Password" on
Just installed Sybase ASE 15.5 demo on Windows with all defaults. Then connection via ODBC fails if the "Encrypt Password" is on. Is that expected? Hi, There is a bug logged with Sybase on similar issue. Could you post the exact ASE version and ASE ODBC Driver version? This is currently being looked at and we are awaiting the results, such as how to resolve this issue. Thank you, -Paul <Martin Rakhmanov> wrote in message news:4be1a1e1.39cd.1681692777@sybase.com... > Just installed Sybase ASE 15.5 demo on Windows with all > defaults. > Then...

"Program type out of range" error connecting to MSSQL 7 via ODBC
Hi, everybody! I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.4 and MSSQL 7.0 (with SP1). When I try to connect to the database via ODBC (NOT by the native driver) I receive the ODBC error S1003: "Program type out of range". Can anybody help me? Thanks for any answer. Alberto De Sandre PB 5.0.04 won't work with MSSQL7, you need to upgrade to 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Alberto De Sandre wrote in message ... >Hi, everybody! > >I'm using PowerBuilder 5.0.4 and MSSQL 7.0 (with SP1). >When I try to connect to the database via ODBC (NOT by the native driver) I ...

"The connection was refused when attempting to connect 127.0.0.1."
--------------090009080703050706080509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit This is the exact message when I try using the defaulted server address. Any ideas why. Proved the server is running and listening when contacted via the Linux command prompt. See earlier emails under "RE: Here is the URL for Beginning Perl" Trying this: http://127.0.0.1:8080/ I came into a page that assured me my installation was successful. This is seen: If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web se...

"connect" not connecting
--047d7b6daa88824eef04e00a3d35 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I have been using DBI for several years, and have a fairly extensive group of programs that relay on DBI to connect to a database and extract data. All my programs use a common library of functions that includes a function which connects to the database: $dsn = 'dbi:ODBC:prod1' ; $user = 'user' ; $passwd = 'XXXXXXXX' ; $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $passwd, {RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0}) or die "Could not connect to database: "...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine What version of PB? Are you using Oracle higher then 8.03? -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))...

ODBC error "Program type out of range" , SQL State S1003 : PB6.0--->MS SQL Server7.0 on WIN NT4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range The same type of profile & ODBC settings on the W...

Re: An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I am using PB 7.0.2 build 8046 Oracle 8.1.6 Windows 2000 and Oracle drivers to work with database. I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the one from PB5003. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Tatiana Yaseneva" <T.Yaseneva@upc.kiev.ua> wrote in message news:HNCpgpxHAHA.70@forums.sybase.com... > I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or > to the same) once more. At that moment Power ...

Web resources about - HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3 - sybase.connectivity.odbc