Error ODBC with text field...

Hello !

I am using VB6 with ODBC and a Sybase System 11 driver version 03.11.0001.
I want to insert data into a text field.

My query works fine if I use Sybase Sql Advantage. But when I use Vb and
ODBC, I got an error depending on the size of the text :
- If data size is less than 255 characters, it works fine
- If data size is less than 255 characters, I get an Intersolv error in ODBC
saying "implicit conversion text data type in varchar is not allowed".
I tried to increase Default Buffer size for long columns in the ODBC Sybase
driver setup but it does not change anything...

Can anyone help me with this problem...

Thank you beforehand...

0
Bruno

In article <ago9v6Vp$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>, blevy@capgemini.fr
says...
> - If data size is less than 255 characters, I get an Intersolv error in ODBC

Hmm, sounds like VB is having a hard time dealing with the datatype
conversion...
--

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]
Check out SDN @ http://www.sybase.com/sdn

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC Connection Error
Can anyone help me out? I have an app that I created in PB 6.5 that connects to an MS Access database. The first problem I had was that the last connection made to the database was the only one allowed to do any updating to the database. I had to work around that one. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. The next problem I had was after I plcaed the .exe and the database in a folder on a server so everyone could get to it. I have no problem connection and neither does a few other people who were helpin me test. The problem comes about when the end user tries to use i...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

Error-ODBC connection
Can anyone tell me what is the error message "incorrect collating sequence" means when I tried to connect a Sybase 8.0.1 3401 database to MS Access using an ODBC driver? Thanks. ...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

ODBC connection errors
Hello, We're using PB C4 components on EAServer 3.5 C4 on NT Server 4.0. Connection caches connect to MS SQL Server 6.5 databases using ODBC. MDAC version is 3.51. Our DBA takes the DB down for routine maintenance a few nights in the week by disconnecting all users. When the DB is brought back up, we find hanging connection caches. The EAServer runtime monitoring of the caches indicate negative numbers for "Active Connections". We then begin to encounter the following error sporadically whenever client sessions attempt to access the database. ---------------------...

Error in ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4111bbc5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a Sybase ASE12.5 server installed on a Sun solaris machine. The server is working fine. I can connect to it from the xterminal and also from the Sybase 12.5 client. Now I need to confidure the ODBC connection too. I installed the Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver. But am not able to connect. I provided the right server ip, prot number, username and password but I keep getting the "DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION&quo...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

Error with ODBC Connection
I got an error when I tried to attach a sybase table in Access 2.0. The error message is: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Allocation of a Sybase Open Client Context failed. Sybase normally generates a SYBINIT.ERR file containing more specific reasons for failing. The SYBINIT.ERR file in the \ACCESS20\ directory is empty, however. I'm using Sybase 10 ODBC. Please help! Ming mingpan@netscape.net The problem you're expiriencing is the lack of environment variables for your OC. You have to set up in your station the following variables: SYBASE=OCPath INCL...

Web resources about - Error ODBC with text field... - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

VW says emissions cheating was not a one-time error
The German carmaker's chairman says the decision by employees to cheat on emissions tests was made more than a decade ago after they realised ...

Eliminating errors secret to Western Sydney Wanderers' win streak: Mitch Nichols
Western Sydney Wanderers star Mitch Nichols believes his side's ascension to the top of the A-League is down to getting rid of the fatal errors ...

Is This The Biggest Bluebook Error Of Them All?
Who deserves credit (or blame) for the authoritative (and often criticized) legal citation manual?

10 continuity errors in popular movies that somehow made it to the final cut
... that suddenly appears on a different side of the room or a character that isn't quite in the right spot from one shot to the next, these errors ...

Transportation secretary: Red Line train may have left station unmanned due to ‘operator error’
Officials are investigating a case of ‘operator error’ that may have allowed an unmanned Red Line train to leave Braintree Station Thursday morning. ...

Operator Error ‘Primary Focus’ Of Runaway Red Line Train Investigation
... BOSTON (CBS) — MBTA officials say the investigation into the runaway Red Line train Thursday morning is focused primarily on operator error. ...

"Human error" blamed for U.S. airstrike on Afghan hospital
"This was a tragic, but avoidable accident" says U.S. commander in Afghanistan of deadly U.S.

Gary schools move to correct budget errors
Gary schools move to correct budget errors Chicago Tribune She was succeeded by Michael Washington, who was fired by the school board in April. ...

The worst error a Chinese journo can make?
Four staff at China News Service have been suspended after a report about Xi Jinping's speech mistakenly referred to his resignation.