DSN Less connection using sql anywhere

Hi

We have recently shifted our web pages and asp pages onto SBC webhosting.
The problem is that we are using SQl Anywhere 5.5 database on our database
server. Our various locations are accessing asp pages using SQL anywhere
database. I have to setup ODBC connection to SBC site .
Currently we are using the following script in asp pages:
Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 conn.Open "DSN=WestSac;UID=DBA"
 Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")

Could anyone help me how to setup DSN less connection using SQl anywhere.

Thanks
Namita

0
Namita

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

How to connect DBClient using a DSN-less connection in a VB5 App
I have a VB5 app connecting to SLQ Anywhere without a data source name - no problem. I am changing the app to a multi-user environment using SLQ Anywhere Server & SQL Anywhere Client. I can connect with a DSN - no problem; the ODBC dialog screen comes up. I don't want to setup a DSN on all the machines in the office if I don't have to. We are running Novell (I think 3.1, maybe 4.0) Here is the code for the standalone version DSN-less- works fine. RDOConnect = "UID=rico;PWD=rico;DBF=" + DBPath + "\ricoapp.DB;DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0;DSN=&#...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Cannot connect via ODBC DSN to Sql Anywhere across network
Hello again. I am trying to connect to a database on a network server via ODBC. I want to be able to set up a DSN on multiple client machines and connect to a central server. However, I am not able to connect. I am not sure where in the process I am going wrong. I have created a network service on a central server running sql anywhere. The machines name is lotus. I named the service testservice and pointed it at a local database named testdatabase.db. The service is running, but how do I tell if the database is running? Does it automatically run with the service. This is what I wo...

DSN-less connection to SQL Anywhere 5.0 from VB 6.0
I am trying to connect to SQL Anywhere database using ADO in VB 6.0, but without using a specific DSN. I have gotten it to work using a DSN, but am trying to provide everything the connection will need without using the DSN, as not all the computers this will run on will have the DSN. Currently running this code to make connection to SQL Anywhere database using DSN: Public adocnn As New ADODB.Connection Sub Main() Dim adoRecordset As ADODB.Recordset Dim strCnn As String Dim adoCmd As ADODB.Command Set adoCmd = CreateObject("adodb.command") Set...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

ODBC connect error using SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0 Evaluation copy
I'm using an evaluation copy of SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0. The database is running on a NT 4.0 server. Clients are running Windows 2000 using TCP/IP. I can connect to the database from the server using Sybase Central. However, I cannot connect to the database from the client. This is the error I am getting: State:08001,Native:-100,Origin:[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere] "Unable to connect to database server: Database server not found" Is this a limitation of the Evaluation package? Will it only allow me to connect from the machine installed on? ...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

DSN Less ODBC Connection
Why is this Code not working? If ra_trusted = true Then lst_connectionstring ="ConnectionString='Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" + ra_server +";DATABASE=MASTER;Trusted_Connection=True'" Else lst_connectionstring ="ConnectionString='Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" + ra_server + ";DATABASE=MASTER;UID=" + ra_user + ";Pwd=" + ra_pwd + "'" End if TRY //Set Connection Options SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = lst_connectionstring // And no...

Connect to SQL Anywhere with NO DSN
I want to distribute a PB app but I do not want a DSN entry. Is there anyway to hard code the dbparm without a DSN but to just use the actual ..DB file name? I don't think so. I wish there was, it would make deployment easier. If you want I can provide you with some InstallShield code to configure your ODBC entries. Regards, Dave Fish [Team Powersoft] On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 12:22:34 -0500, Richard Shakour <dct@dctsystems.com> wrote: >I want to distribute a PB app but I do not want a DSN entry. Is there >anyway to hard code the dbparm without a DSN but to ju...

SQl Anywhere ODBC connection
Hi all I'm trying to connect to a third party application that uses sql anywhere 5.0 as the database. I have (I think) install the ODBC Drivers on the client machine and when I try to connect to the server via a system dsn I get the following error message unable to connect to database server:unable to start database engine(#80) Microsoft odbc driver manager drivers SQLConnectAttr failed(#0) any help in explaining the above error or references to documents would be greatly appreciated I am sort of new to using the ASA driver but it almost sounds like the ASA is not st...

connection problems to SQL Anywhere Server from SQL client via netbios and ODBC
Hello- I have a user with an NT 4.0 server and windows 95 clients. The error when attempting the connection of the SQL client to SQL server is Unable to Start, Server not found, which I personally have seen at least 1000 times in supporting our app with SQL Anywhere. If I use the -z -o switch and write the verbage to a text file, netbios starts successfully, but near the bottom of the file, the following lines appear: NETBIOS -- Trying connection on Lan Adapter: 0 NETBIOS -- Failure to connect on lan adapter: 0 NETBIOS -- Looking for name on lan adapter: 0 NETBIOS -- Name no...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

ODBC connectivity using File DSN
Hello I am trying to implement ODBC connectivity from a Pb6.5 app to a ASA 7.x database using File DSN: My File DSN (Live70.dsn) look like this : [ODBC] ;DRIVER=c:\Ekw30\Asa70\dbodbc7.dll DRIVER=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 UID=dba PWD=sql CommLinks=SharedMemory DisableMultiRowFetch=No Debug=No Integrated=No AutoStop=Yes DatabaseFile=c:\Ekw30\E-Book\Dblive\Live70.db Start=c:\Ekw30\Asa70\dbeng7.exe My DbParm look like this : DbParm=DisableBind=1,ConnectString='FileDSN=C:\Ekw30\E-book\Live70.dsn' All deployable ASA components as described in the online ASA help...

Web resources about - DSN Less connection using sql anywhere - sybase.connectivity.odbc

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...