directconnect tds odbc cannot connect

i have SYBASE ASE 12.5 on windows 2000 sp3.
i also have with it your odbc-tds driver : ODBC Sybase DirectConnect TDS
Driver 3.6 (38mb , zip) which i donwloaded from sybase as well.

but i cannot find any docs on it and its configuration , only about your
wire protocol driver !

more specific details:
1. i do not know what is "service" field in the odbc driver parameters
2. when trying to connect ,i get this error :
"[Merant][ODBC DirectConnect driver] The server info
'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec sp_server_info."

0
Gad

Answered same post in the gateways forum.

Mark

<Gad> wrote in message
i have SYBASE ASE 12.5 on windows 2000 sp3.
i also have with it your odbc-tds driver : ODBC Sybase DirectConnect TDS
Driver 3.6 (38mb , zip) which i donwloaded from sybase as well.

but i cannot find any docs on it and its configuration , only about your
wire protocol driver !

more specific details:
1. i do not know what is "service" field in the odbc driver parameters
2. when trying to connect ,i get this error :
"[Merant][ODBC DirectConnect driver] The server info
'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec sp_server_info."

0
Mark
2/5/2003 1:16:45 PM
Why don't you use Sybase ASE ODBC Driver V4.0
It works well and easy to configure.
0
Alexandre_Bas

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Connecting through ODBC
I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting through perl express. My guess I also need to download the dbi module. Sean Sugrue, Sean wrote: > > I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl > express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering > if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting > through perl express. My guess I also need to download t...

ODBC Connectivity
On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). Help! Joe wrote... > On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC > adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. > > I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. > > (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). I can't find anything on that in the Tech Support database...

ODBC connectivity
Hello, I am unable to connect to any database from PB 7.0 ..OS is Win 98 ..I have recently installed PB 7.0 on a new machine and when i go to database painter it just puts a message in the status bar saying 'Connecting to DataBase ....' and the PB application hangs..which has to be shut down using the End Task Option after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del..This is an urgent problem ..any help would be appreciated.. thanks manish manishbiyani@hotmail.com I would start by patching PB7.0 to at least 702. When you say 'any database' are you talking here ODBC, Oracle, Sy...

ODBC Connection
I would like to know how could I create an ODBC Connection programmaticaly? SMarcoux wrote: > I would like to know how could I create an ODBC Connection programmaticaly? > Please, always post the version and build number of ASA that you are using. Do you mean that you want to create an ODBC DSN? Or you'd like to use an existing DSN to connect to a database? Also: - what operating system and version? - what programming language are you looking to use? The more information you can provide, the more helpful we can be. greg.fenton -- Greg Fenton Con...

ODBC Connect Error
I have just installed the new TDS driver on my XP Pro machine. ODBC Sybase DirectConnect TDS Driver 4.0 Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP Version 4.00 April 2003 Release ID I0368 I get the following error when trying the connect to our SQL Server 11.9 database running on Sun Solaris. Warning [DataDirect][ODBC DirectConnect driver]The server info 'DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION' was not found in exec sp_server_info. Does anyone know what I need to do? Also, I no longer see the DSEDIT program that I used on my NT 4.0 machine with the OpenClient 1...

Odbc connection
Hi! This is my problem: This works with powerdynamo, but fails when i run the .html page with IIS. Why? <!--METADATA TYPE="DesignerControl" startspan <OBJECT id=OBJECT1 style="HEIGHT: 50px; WIDTH: 135px" name=ANNONSEFACE classid="CLSID:BA41277E-F70D-11D0-98D3-00805F8ACD28"> <PARAM VALUE="C:\library\library.pbl" NAME=SourceFileName></PARAM> <PARAM VALUE="sel_annonseface" NAME=DataWindowObject></PARAM> <PARAM VALUE=XXX NAME=DataConnection></PARAM> <PARAM VALUE=0 NAME=Enab...

ODBC connect
Hello, I'm trying to connect to a database using an ODBC driver through Powerbuilder. The connectstring is not specified in the transaction object before I attempt to connect, so the select the appropriate DSN popup window comes up. After you select an item(profile) from the list, is there any way to retrieve/capture this entry that was just selected? either during or after the connection succeeds? Thanks in advance, Eric you can via a external function call to SQLGetInfo in the ODBC API. On 21 Mar 2005 12:44:33 -0800, "Eric Ullman" <ullman2k4@hot...

ODBC connectivity
hi all, Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese version)? Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\ If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ? Thx! Yes, it should work without problems. What problems/error messages are you seeing? -- Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering iAnywhere Solutions "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message news:9P#4AQuMCHA.349@forums.sybase.com... > hi all, > > Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese &...

CONNECTION ODBC
EXCUSE ME , I'M NEW IN POWER BUILDER, AND I GET A PROBLEM WHEN THE USER MAKES AN ERROR WHEN HE WRITES HIS PASSWORD, AN ODBC DIALOG OPENS,AND I DON'T WANT IT, I WOULD LIKE ONLY THE MESSAGE APPEARS, THANK YOU Use ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT' For example, // Profile Test Cases SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=ASA 8.0 Sample;UID=dba;PWD=sql',ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMP T'" -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere ...

Connect with ODBC
I have a problem to configure ODBC drivers in Windows 95. I receive the message "System Error 1157" when i try add an ODBC DSN. My ODBC drivers are version INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 (get with PB70). What's this?? Help, please!! Thanks marciamoreira@sisne.com.br That error typically indicates a path issue. Make sure that the setup/driver is in the location that the registry is pointing to: Check the registry key, e.g. for the DBase driver: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT dBASEFile (*.dbf)] "Driver"="C...

Web resources about - directconnect tds odbc cannot connect - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Sprint making DirectConnect push-to-talk an Android app
Sprint will soon launch an Android app that will bring all the features of its DirectConnect push-to-talk service to handsets without the need ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

University of Central Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The University of Central Florida , commonly referred to as UCF , is a metropolitan public research university located in Orlando , Florida , ...

Microsoft Buying Adobe Rumor Mill; Undertone Opens Its Inventory To Trading Desks; New RTB Case Study ...
Here’s today’s AdExchanger.com news round-up… Want it by email? Sign-up here . Steve Ballmer Takes Adobe Meeting The New York Times’ Bits blog ...

Wilson DirectConnect Cellular Power Booster, Signal Booster, Cell Phone Booster, Improve Cellular Reception ...
The Wilson Cellular Direct Connect 3 Watt Power Booster can increase your cell phone and broadband Data Card coverage up to 50 miles. A signal ...

OnixS - AsiaEtrading.com
The Electronic Trading Resource for Asia

Alias Products - DirectConnect Data Transfer - Autodesk
Use DirectConnect translators to exchange design data from industrial and visualization software with CAD products such as Autodesk Inventor® ...

Intuit Opens APIs To Financial Data Behind Quicken, QuickBooks, Mint (And Even FinanceWorks)
Intuit is opening up a new host of APIs to their Financial Data Services applications. This API opens up the following applications: Quicken, ...

Intuit Opens Up APIs To Financial Data Behind Quicken, QuickBooks, Mint (And Even FinanceWorks)
Intuit is opening up a new host of APIs to their Financial Data Services applications. This API opens up the following applications: Quicken, ...

The 25 Most Influential Business Travel Executives Of 2012
After a year in which the future of certain aspects of the business travel industry were debated in courtrooms and boardrooms, there is no shortage ...