ct_connect(),internal net library error

I have a problem using ASP/SYBASE ....

Server : NT4.0 , Sybase Adaptive Server Ent. 11.9
Web Server : IIS 4.0
Dev. Tool : ASP, ODBC

Error Messege is ...

<----

[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet
layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
disconnect
----->

0
News1

In article <xUWH8#wC$GA.284@forums.sybase.com>, uy@sa3000.com says...

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

What version of ODBC are you using?  You probably should have at least
3.11.0017.  Another possible cause could be that the server refuses a
connection because it would exceed the maximum number of user connections
that the server is configured for.

--

Andy Turiansky
TeamSybase

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

internal net library error
I am uploading bulk of data to sybase adaptiver server using BCP utility. Some times, I am getting failures while BCPing. I get this error message on dos command prompt - "ct_send passthru(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: There is a tds state machine error. An illegal tds token sequence was received. bcp copy in partially failed SYBASE BCP". This error occurs after millions (may be all) the records are copied.I am BCPing one row at a time (!), b'cas if I upload more rows (i.e. 100000) at a time then this error gets frequent. Although, BCP u...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1 on DG/UX, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL Try increasing the retry_attempts and delay_interval parameters in the interfaces file. Make sure the IP address or hos...

internal net library error
Hi there, I compiled and linked my application using Sybase IQ 12 on HPUX 10.20. Everything's been OK so far but when i try to connect to a database, i get the following error message : Open Client Message: Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131) Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Attempt to load protocol driver failed Has anyone got a clue of what's going wrong with it ? Thanks in advance for any advice. Christian Hi! What version of open client are you using? Karen Christian_G...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library erro...

Internal connection fatal error and other random db connection errors
Hi guys!My newly built website has just recently went online,but sometimes I face errors (randomly) like these: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.System.InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Cannot find table 0System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.System.InvalidOper...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

Web resources about - ct_connect(),internal net library error - sybase.connectivity.odbc