Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver

I recently downloaded the developer version of the ASE.  I
have been trying to configure an ODBC connection to newly
installed software on my computer and each time I test the
connection in the "ODBC Administrator(32 bit)" I am getting
"Client unable to establish a connection".  I have confirmed
that I am using the same connection parameters as "Sybase
Central v6.0" uses.

The computer I installed on is a Vista Enterprise SP2 64 bit
system.  The "Sybase Central v6.0" program connects up fine.
 DSEDIT has no trouble pinging the SQL Server service.

Additionally the OLE DB "Sybase ASE Data Source
Administrator" is giving the same error message when testing
the connection.  Finally I have tried the 2 .NET libraries
(v1.1 and 2.0) from C# code and again I receive the exact
same error "Client unable to establish a connection".

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Kevin
0
Kevin

Looking in %SYBASE%\ASE-15_0\install\<ase_servername>.log I
noticed the following entry:

(date time) kernel  network name MYSERVER, interface IPv4,
address 192.168.1.101, type nlwnsck, port 5000, filter NONE

So I replaced "MYSERVER" with "192.168.1.101" in the ODBC
connection parameters.  Now testing the connection works!
In fact making the same change in the OLE DB and the 2 .NET
programs also fix the connection problem for these
applications.

Maybe using the IPv4 style address is forcing the clients to
connect via IPv4.

I want to thank Michael Breen for helping me with this
problem.
0
Kevin
11/10/2009 11:24:50 PM
Hi Kevin,

Sounds like machines are configured for IPv6 for the name resolution.

I don't know if your ASE is configured for one or the other or both, but
this
is something you might be able to adjust, offhand I'm not exactly sure -
Have you tried resolving the IPv4 address in the
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc
hosts file?  This might enable you to use host name.

-Paul

<Kevin Kershaw> wrote in message news:4af9f642.2086.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Looking in %SYBASE%\ASE-15_0\install\<ase_servername>.log I
> noticed the following entry:
>
> (date time) kernel  network name MYSERVER, interface IPv4,
> address 192.168.1.101, type nlwnsck, port 5000, filter NONE
>
> So I replaced "MYSERVER" with "192.168.1.101" in the ODBC
> connection parameters.  Now testing the connection works!
> In fact making the same change in the OLE DB and the 2 .NET
> programs also fix the connection problem for these
> applications.
>
> Maybe using the IPv4 style address is forcing the clients to
> connect via IPv4.
>
> I want to thank Michael Breen for helping me with this
> problem.

0
Paul

ODBC 4.0 connection problem
I have a PB 6.5 app that runs fine connecting to an MS Access DB with ODBC 3.0/3.5. I am not able to connect successfully using the ODBC 4.0 drivers that come with Office 2000. The error message is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Removing the ODBC 4.0 drivers and installing ODBC 3.5 corrects the problem. Has anyone been able to connect to an ODBC 4.0 datasource using PB 6.5? TIA, Fred Fred Reiner wrote: > I have a PB 6.5 app that runs fine connecting to an MS Access DB with ODBC > 3.0/3.5. I am not able to conne...

ODBC connection problems with ASA 7.0
I created a system DSN (mydb) using the ASA 7.00.00.430 driver that came with the "evaluation" copy of SQLAnywhere that I am testing. I tested the connection with the ODBC Data Source Administrator and everything worked fine. I then attempted to connect to the database using this asp script: set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") conn.ConnectionString="DSN:mydb;UID:dba;PWD:sql" This technique has worked fine for every other database I have tried to connect. It didn't work in this case. My question is, will the SQLAnywhere "evalu...

DBD::ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C28FBF.39892550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" bash-2.05b$ perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 0) configuration: Platform: osname=cygwin, osvers=1.3.12(0.5432), archname=cygwin-multi-64int uname='cygwin_nt-5.0 kmbestst 1.3.12(0.5432) 2002-07-06 02:16 i686 unknown ' config_args='-de -Dmksymlinks -Dusemultiplicity -Duse64bitint -Doptimize=-O2 -Dman3ext=3pm' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef use...

RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on N T4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C290A3.ED9243D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" OK, thanks, 0.45xx didn't seem to be any better, so I decided to post the errors to the group. Mark. [Mark Buckle] -----Original Message----- From: Jeff Urlwin [mailto:jurlwin@bellatlantic.net] Sent: 19 November 2002 15:34 To: Mark Buckle; dbi-users@perl.org Cc: jurlwin@bellatlantic.net Subject: RE: :ODBC 0.43 tests failed under cygwin perl 5.8.0 DBI 1.30 on NT4 SP 6a MERANT 5 32 bit ODBC driver 0.52.00.00 That's the driver. It seems that everything else is ok, but t...

PB 8.0 won't connect to odbc connection
My setup has been working for ever. Yesterday, I try to work on my program and when I try to connect to the odbc data source (sql anywhere), pb locks up. I can use other utilities to access the same database and I have the same problem with the sample db that comes with powerbuilder. I virus scanned my entire system and I applied the lastest patches... HELP.... What version of ASA? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found ...

chasing ASA 9.0.0 ODBC driver, must be PRE 9.0.0 ebf 1226
hi all, i am chasing un-updated odbc driver files (i assume DBODBC9.DLL plus related files) in an attempt to find a way to connect an old power++ app to ASA V9. I am using psdwe.ocx v5.0.3.1. Apparently this will work with 9.0.0 odbc driver files prior to ebf 1226. is there anywhere these older files can be found in the absence of an original 9.0.0 release CD? cheers, Luke You can certainly find that EBF on the downloads site (you may have to expand the timeframe to all and refresh the list). However, it will not install older files over newer files so you will nee...

Problems connecting ASA 9.0.0 on SuSE 9.0
Hi, I found several threads about this, but it's still not running :-( What's working: - all IP-connections are OK with IP-address and host-name - the db-server is starting: I. 03/28 00:36:31. Database server started at Sun Mar 28 2004 00:36 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start SharedMemory link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. SharedMemory link started successfully I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start TCPIP link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting TCP listener on IP address 0.0.0.0:2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting on port 2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Looking for serve...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

problem with ASA 6.0 and 2 ODBC connections
I am running a PB 7 app, deployed , build 6012 and ASA 6.0.2.2188 on a standalone PC. My app wants to connect to the ASA database with 2 separate ODBC dsn names. The first one connects but the second one cannot while the first one is connected. What setting do I need so I can have both ODBC threads open at the same time? This is the ASA 6.0 that comes with EAStudio 3.01. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA Marc In the DSN use the same engine name. Why would you need two different DSN's? You could alter the connection information in the DBParm and...

Problems connecting via ODBC to ASA 6.0
Hi I have a database server (dbsrv) running on a remote machine (NT). I have no database loaded on the server yet. I go to ODBC setup on my client. I set up a connection to dbsrv (I cannot specify the database since it is not loaded). When I test connection in ODBC it says "server is not running". I know that the remote dbsrv is started with the following: dbsrv6 -n dbsrv (Network server) Do anyone know what the problem might be? Mikael Petterson You might want to post this in the database forum as it will probably get answered faster. -- Larry Cer...

ODBC Driver needed to connect to Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0
Looking for a Windows ODBC driver to allow me to connect to an Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0 database. Sybase Sales told me to download and install SQL Anywhere Developers Edition. Will this work and if so what will the driver be named and how do I use it Hi You might want to check this on the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general newsgroup - The ODBC Driver is called "Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0". Configuring the data source depends on how you're setting up the ASA. I'd check the docs, available online, in the product documentation section under Support (www.s...

CONNECT TO ASA 6.0.3 SERVER WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER
I WANT TO CONNECT TO ASA SERVER FROM ANY CLIENT WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER JOHN PAGONIS Can't do that from PowerBuilder. On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:54:34 +0300, "������� �������" <jpag@ime.com.gr> wrote: >I WANT TO CONNECT TO ASA SERVER FROM ANY CLIENT WITHOUT ODBC DRIVER > >JOHN PAGONIS > > > > ...

Problem with PB 6.0, SQL Server 6.5, Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0
I have a strange problem using Driver ODBC Intersolv 3.0 for SQL Server 6.5; when I work with PB 6.0 and I use the Database painter, PB open two connections to the database. Into the first connection the statements are: use <Dbname> SET ANSI_NULL_DFTL_ON ON exec Sp_SeRvEr_InFo exec sp_server_info exec sp_datatype_info 0 In the second connection, PB execute the statement required by the painter. In the first connection no other requests appair and the connection seems 'suspended' until I close PB. This behavior is replicate when I run the application from PB ...

Web resources about - Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver - sybase.connectivity.odbc

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack