Connection ODBC to a ASE 6, updated from SQLAnywhere 5

Hello everyone
I have an application written with Power++ 2.0 which  accesses a
DataBase Source. Up to now this has been by ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 5.0
database.
The database has been updated to Adaptive Anywhere Server 6, I installed

the ODBC V6 driver on the machine with my client Power++ application and

it has stopped working. ( isql with the same data source works OK).

I get errors of the type
SQL extendedFetch returns SQL_ERROR
State 08S01 Native Code -85 : Communication Link failure, communication
error

What could have gone wrong?
Does any one have any ideas please ?

Helen Dale

0
Helen

Correction (excuse me!)  it's Adapdative Server Anywhere, not Adaptive
Server Enterprise

Helen Dale a �crit :

> Hello everyone
> I have an application written with Power++ 2.0 which  accesses a
> DataBase Source. Up to now this has been by ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 5.0
> database.
> The database has been updated to Adaptive Anywhere Server 6, I installed
>
> the ODBC V6 driver on the machine with my client Power++ application and
>
> it has stopped working. ( isql with the same data source works OK).
>
> I get errors of the type
> SQL extendedFetch returns SQL_ERROR
> State 08S01 Native Code -85 : Communication Link failure, communication
> error
>
> What could have gone wrong?
> Does any one have any ideas please ?
>
> Helen Dale

0
Helen
4/29/1999 7:17:22 AM
Helen,

Make sure you are using ASA ODBC Driver 06.00.0001

The original release had various bugs.

Peter

Helen Dale wrote:

> Correction (excuse me!)  it's Adapdative Server Anywhere, not Adaptive
> Server Enterprise
>
> Helen Dale a �crit :
>
> > Hello everyone
> > I have an application written with Power++ 2.0 which  accesses a
> > DataBase Source. Up to now this has been by ODBC to a SQLAnywhere 5.0
> > database.
> > The database has been updated to Adaptive Anywhere Server 6, I installed
> >
> > the ODBC V6 driver on the machine with my client Power++ application and
> >
> > it has stopped working. ( isql with the same data source works OK).
> >
> > I get errors of the type
> > SQL extendedFetch returns SQL_ERROR
> > State 08S01 Native Code -85 : Communication Link failure, communication
> > error
> >
> > What could have gone wrong?
> > Does any one have any ideas please ?
> >
> > Helen Dale

0
Peter
4/29/1999 12:13:03 PM

Peter Alan Burton a �crit :

> Helen,
>
> Make sure you are using ASA ODBC Driver 06.00.0001
>
> The original release had various bugs.
>
> Peter

I had driver 6.0 43 ( with a few more zeros)

I finally tracked it down to a mixture of files from SQLAnywhere 5 and ASA 6,
the installation was a mess

Does any one have any good ideas for keeping these separate, I have a local base
in SQLAnywhere 5 and I want to access remote bases which are under ASA 6.

Thanks
Helen

0
Helen

SQLAnywhere 5.5 Multi-ODBC Connection Problem
Hi, I have been having a problem establishing two ODBC connections with an SQL Anywhere database. I have one connection being made to the datbase from ClearQuest. I also have a custom written ASP script that connects to this same database. If I am logged in through ClearQuest Web Service and try to run my ASP script, I get an "Unable to connect to database server. Specified database not found" error from my ASP script. However, if I am not logged in on the ClearQeust Web Service, and I run my ASP script, it runs fine. Then if I try to log into the Clear Quest Web Ser...

PB 6.5.1 and ODBC 4.0 - connect to Access 97
Getting a lot of heat from this, and didn't get an answer from the other group. Thought I had this, but am missing something. Read all the other threads, still can't get app to work. Everything worked with the ODBC 3.5 drivers. Upgraded to PB 6.5.1, build1238, and can get a connection to the Access database now. But, cannot get update() to work in the app. Can update in development, using datawindow used for datastore in app - insert row, and updating the values 'manually'. However, when I 'run' the app, the update() doesn't work (error code 0). Th...

PB 6.5.1 and ODBC 4.0 - connect to Access 97
Thought I had this, but am missing something. Read all the other threads, still can't get app to work. Everything worked with the ODBC 3.5 drivers. Upgraded to build 1238, and can get a connection to the Access database now. But, cannot get update() to work in the app. Can update in development, using datawindow used for datastore in app - insert row, and updating the values 'manually'. However, when I 'run' the app, the update() doesn't work (error code 0). Thought there must be something missing in the connect parameters, but can't find what. Is t...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

ODBC connection thru VC++ with SQLAnywhere 5.5 problem
retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc, EView->hwnd(), szConnStrIn5, strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5), szConnStrOut, cbConnStrOutMax, &pcbConnStrOut, SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED); where : szConnStrIn5 = "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;" I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening up this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase connection dialog. The UID and PWD are alrea...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

6.5 GPF when connecting to ODBC
I have an app which is trying to connect to a Local SQL Anywhere database using ODBC. After issuing the connect (CONNECT USIGN SQLCA), I get the following: "The instruction at 0x04cof96c tried to access memory at0x03a600a4. The memory could not be read." I loaded MSDEV Studio after the GPF and the crash is in PBOBD60.DLL. It is an unhandled exception. I have tried the PBODB60.DLL placed out there for the SQL Server 7.0 fix also and it did not fix the problem. Any ideas Andrew Kurtz Hi, I saw several issues on this which in most cases where solved by rein...

Connect to MS SQL 6.5 with ODBC
Well, I managed to get connected without crashing by specifing the connect string myself. It is set to: ConnectString='DSN=MS SQL;UID=abc;PWD=pwd;APP=;WSID=SCOTT;DATABASE=test' Now the problem in PB is when I do to the database painter I can see a list of all my tables, but when I try to view the data manipulation grid I get the error: Select error: SQLSTATE = S0002 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'patient'. In my application I get the same error, although it also mentions that SQLCODE = 208. I have made sure that I h...

Connection to Sql Server 6.5 (no ODBC)
Hello to everyone: Before to tell my problem have everyone a great 1999. I have one application Power Builder 4.0 and other in 6.0 with access to Sql Server 6.5 via ODBC. When I use store procedures with parameters (arguments) arrise a error in relation with the arguments. I ask some programmers and they suggest the use of direct connection or via DB-Library. Please someone can help me about how I can make this. Help would be appreciated. Atte., Rodrigo Lopez V. ...

ODBC connectivity on ASE 12.5.1
Hi, i have successfully installed the Adaptive Server Enterprise on the Win 2000 server and the client on Win 2000 also. But i cant find any ODBC driver for ASE on the Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Pls advise. ...

ASE 12.5 ODBC Connection Pooling
I'm trying to setup an ASE ODBC connection pool on a Win2003 server. The Sybase Open Client has been installed on the server, and when I go into ODBC Administrator, System DSN, and create a new Sybase connection, I get the ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol Driver Setup screen. I enter the parameters and click Test Connection, where I get prompted for Login ID and Password. When I enter these values, it connects fine. I suspect that for the connection pool to work, you need to somehow supply these values outside of the application (PB12 .NET assembly as a webservice). Can someone...

ODBC Configuration Dialog appears on ODBC connect to ASA 6.x
Hallo, I aways get the ODBC Configuration Dialog if I want to connect to my ASA 6.x Database: Here are my 2 SQLCA's: with these settings I only have to press the enter key of the ODBC Configuration Dialog. sqlca_ASA.AutoCommit = False sqlca_ASA.LogPass = "" sqlca_ASA.LogId = "" sqlca_ASA.Database = "" sqlca_ASA.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca_ASA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=STATPROT ASA;START=dbeng6.exe -c 4M -ga -gb normal -p 4096 -m;DBF=d:\statprot\statprot.db;DBN=stationsprotokoll;UID=dba;PWD=sql'" with these setting...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Problem connecting to ASE 12.5 using ODBC
When connecting to ASE 12.5 using the 12.5 ODBC driver (on Windows XP) I am unable to connect and receive a blank message in the warning dialog that appears. I believe it is initially connecting to the server becuase if the password or user id is incorrect I an error message is displaye din the dialog. Hi - What application and what connection string? Could you post some sample of this? paul <Adam> wrote in message news:408e2a83.2e1b.1681692777@sybase.com... > When connecting to ASE 12.5 using the 12.5 ODBC driver (on > Windows XP) I am unable to connect and rece...

ODBC Connect with Access2003 to ASE 12.5.3
Hi, i have successfully established a odbc connection with Microsoft Access 2003 .to ASE 12.5.3 When trying to open some linked tables in access, the fields are filled with "#deleted" ( in german #Gel�scht ) Some tables are showing the right content. i am using: DB Server ASE 12.5.3 on RedHat ES 3 Client: Windows XP PC-Client with odbc-driver from ASE 15 installed. Any help is appreciated! Uwe Hi, I'm not sure what does this - You might want to update ODBC Driver to 15.0.0.152 (SDK 15.0 ESD#08) Also, try setting Use Cursors to 1 in the Data So...

ODBC Connection to SQLAnywhere 6.0.3 over Internet
Hi folks, I'm trying to set up an ODBC DSN connecting me to a database accessed over Internet. Database server is behind a firewall but I'm told database port was forwarded. When testing DSN I'm getting a database not found error. Log says: Fri Oct 24 2008 13:47 Trying to start Shared Memory link ... Shared Memory link started successfully CONN: Attempting to connect without default DSN using: UID=dba;PWD=xxxxx;DBN=yyyy;ENG=myserver;ASTOP=NO;INT=NO;DBG=YES;LOG=d: \rkacon.log;DMRF=NO;LINKS=TCPIP{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;SERVERPORT=2638;CLIENTPORT=2638;...

Connecting to ASE 12.5 through PHP using ODBC
Hi Is it possible for me to connect to ASE 12,5 from my PHP script using a ODBC driver? The PHP runs on RHEL 3.0 and has both the Open Client libraries and the ODBC drivers (12.5) installed. Thanks in advance Hemalatha Not tested but if PHP allows ODBC connections, then ASE does ship a driver for Linux. You can use OCS SDK 12.5.1 ESD9/ESD10 -Ashish <Hemalatha> wrote in message news:430dff68.1e24.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Is it possible for me to connect to ASE 12,5 from my PHP > script using a ODBC driver? The PHP runs on RHEL 3.0 and has >...

ODBC connectivity on ASE 12.5.1 #2
Hi, i have successfully installed the Adaptive Server Enterprise on the Win 2000 server and the client on Win 2000 also. But i cant find any ODBC driver for ASE on the Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Pls advise. Ang Chee, I do not think this is anything to do with your installation. You can manuall configure shortcut to odbc under Adminstrative Services or use RUN command odbcad32.exe. For my curiosity, why do you need odbc to connect from Sybase client to Sybase Server? You can use DSEDIT and create an INI file entry. Rao/.. "Ang C...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Hung Up connecting to ASA7 ODBC from PowerBuilder 6.5
I am still having a peculiar problem on one particular machine (that was working) where a PowerBuilder 6.5 application hangs when attempting to connect to an ODBC ASA7 local database. It is hung on the Connect statement and no Error Log is generated. This application was working fine previously on this machine (all that happened is the user moved from one WG to another and Back) all other TCP services seem to work. I can connect to the database from the Test in the ODBC administration. The application can be found in the Tasks list as not responding. Help!!! Glenn ...

Web resources about - Connection ODBC to a ASE 6, updated from SQLAnywhere 5 - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere