Client unable to establish a connection

Hello,

I'm trying to create ODBC connection to an ASE developer edition
database (ASE 15.0).

I'm using the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" ODBC driver
(C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll\sybdrvodb.dll). When I try to connect I
get this error:

30012-SQLSTATE = 08001
[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection

I get the same error when trying to create a DSN in the ODBC
Administrator (via the Test Connection button).

Here is my connection string:

ConnectString='Driver={Adaptive Server
Enterprise};server=SHARESE-PC;port=5000;db=DBOne;uid=sa;pwd=;'
ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT;SQL_IS_ON'

Is the Sybase ODBC driver no good? I can connect to the same server
using a DataDirect driver.

Thanks,

Brad
0
Brad

It turns out I need to specify the IP address of the server, not use use
Host Name of the server. I found this information in a previous post:

"Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver"

I get the server name from the sql.ini file. How can I convert this to
an IP address? Does this apply to the "Adaptive Server Enterprise"
driver for ASE 15? Or does it apply to "SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver" driver
used by ASE 12 and 12.5?

Brad Wery [TeamSybase] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create ODBC connection to an ASE developer edition
> database (ASE 15.0).
>
> I'm using the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" ODBC driver
> (C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll\sybdrvodb.dll). When I try to connect I
> get this error:
>
> 30012-SQLSTATE = 08001
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection
>
> I get the same error when trying to create a DSN in the ODBC
> Administrator (via the Test Connection button).
>
> Here is my connection string:
>
> ConnectString='Driver={Adaptive Server
> Enterprise};server=SHARESE-PC;port=5000;db=DBOne;uid=sa;pwd=;'
> ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT;SQL_IS_ON'
>

> Is the Sybase ODBC driver no good? I can connect to the same server
> using a DataDirect driver.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad
0
Brad
6/12/2010 10:55:37 PM
Hi Brad,

How is the network configured?  Is the sql.ini file on the same machine and
are you able to connect to ASE using the ISQL utility?  Is your system able
to resolve the hostname to the ip address?  Can you go on command line and
issue  "ping hostname" and get a valid response?  What version driver are
you using?

Thank you,

-Paul

"Brad Wery [TeamSybase]" <bradweryATgmail.com> wrote in message
> It turns out I need to specify the IP address of the server, not use use
> Host Name of the server. I found this information in a previous post:
>
> "Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver"
>
> I get the server name from the sql.ini file. How can I convert this to an
> IP address? Does this apply to the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" driver for
> ASE 15? Or does it apply to "SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver" driver used by ASE 12
> and 12.5?
>

> Brad Wery [TeamSybase] wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to create ODBC connection to an ASE developer edition database
>> (ASE 15.0).
>>
>> I'm using the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" ODBC driver
>> (C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll\sybdrvodb.dll). When I try to connect I
>> get this error:
>>
>> 30012-SQLSTATE = 08001
>> [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection
>>
>> I get the same error when trying to create a DSN in the ODBC
>> Administrator (via the Test Connection button).
>>
>> Here is my connection string:
>>
>> ConnectString='Driver={Adaptive Server
>> Enterprise};server=SHARESE-PC;port=5000;db=DBOne;uid=sa;pwd=;'
>> ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT;SQL_IS_ON'
>>

>> Is the Sybase ODBC driver no good? I can connect to the same server using
>> a DataDirect driver.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Brad

0
Paul
6/14/2010 7:21:49 PM
I got this to work. I had to use the WinSock API to convert the host
name to an I.P. Address.

Thanks,

On 6/14/2010 2:21 PM, Paul Vero [Sybase] wrote:
> Hi Brad,
>
> How is the network configured?  Is the sql.ini file on the same machine and
> are you able to connect to ASE using the ISQL utility?  Is your system able
> to resolve the hostname to the ip address?  Can you go on command line and
> issue  "ping hostname" and get a valid response?  What version driver are
> you using?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Paul
>
> "Brad Wery [TeamSybase]"<bradweryATgmail.com>  wrote in message
>> It turns out I need to specify the IP address of the server, not use use
>> Host Name of the server. I found this information in a previous post:
>>
>> "Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver"
>>
>> I get the server name from the sql.ini file. How can I convert this to an
>> IP address? Does this apply to the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" driver for
>> ASE 15? Or does it apply to "SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver" driver used by ASE 12
>> and 12.5?
>>

>> Brad Wery [TeamSybase] wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to create ODBC connection to an ASE developer edition database
>>> (ASE 15.0).
>>>
>>> I'm using the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" ODBC driver
>>> (C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll\sybdrvodb.dll). When I try to connect I
>>> get this error:
>>>
>>> 30012-SQLSTATE = 08001
>>> [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection
>>>
>>> I get the same error when trying to create a DSN in the ODBC
>>> Administrator (via the Test Connection button).
>>>
>>> Here is my connection string:
>>>
>>> ConnectString='Driver={Adaptive Server
>>> Enterprise};server=SHARESE-PC;port=5000;db=DBOne;uid=sa;pwd=;'
>>> ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT;SQL_IS_ON'
>>>

>>> Is the Sybase ODBC driver no good? I can connect to the same server using
>>> a DataDirect driver.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Brad

0
Brad
6/14/2010 7:41:36 PM
Brad,
There is no need for you to directly read the sql.ini /interfaces file... the odbc driver will do that for you.

The connection string property in SDK 15.x is...
Windows Example using a default path:
DSURL=file://sql.ini?mango1
where:
.. path is omitted in the above example, hence %SYBASE%/ini is used
as the default path. However, if %SYBASE% is defined as C:\Sybase,
then C:\Sybase\ini will be the path used.
.. filename is sql.ini.
.. servicename is mango1.
Example using explicit path:
DSURL=file://\\myServer\myShare\sql.ini?mango1
where:
.. path is specified as \\myServer\myShare, which is a Universal Naming
Convention (UNC) path that refers to a network shared directory.
.. filename is sql.ini.
.. servicename is mango1.

--
Cory Sane
[TeamSybase]
"Brad Wery [TeamSybase]" <bradweryATgmail.com> wrote in message news:4c141069@forums-1-dub...
> It turns out I need to specify the IP address of the server, not use use
> Host Name of the server. I found this information in a previous post:
>
> "Connection Problem With 15.0.0.325 ODBC Driver"
>
> I get the server name from the sql.ini file. How can I convert this to
> an IP address? Does this apply to the "Adaptive Server Enterprise"
> driver for ASE 15? Or does it apply to "SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver" driver
> used by ASE 12 and 12.5?
>

> Brad Wery [TeamSybase] wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to create ODBC connection to an ASE developer edition
>> database (ASE 15.0).
>>
>> I'm using the "Adaptive Server Enterprise" ODBC driver
>> (C:\sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll\sybdrvodb.dll). When I try to connect I
>> get this error:
>>
>> 30012-SQLSTATE = 08001
>> [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Client unable to establish a connection
>>
>> I get the same error when trying to create a DSN in the ODBC
>> Administrator (via the Test Connection button).
>>
>> Here is my connection string:
>>
>> ConnectString='Driver={Adaptive Server
>> Enterprise};server=SHARESE-PC;port=5000;db=DBOne;uid=sa;pwd=;'
>> ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT;SQL_IS_ON'
>>

>> Is the Sybase ODBC driver no good? I can connect to the same server
>> using a DataDirect driver.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Brad
0
Cory

PowerDynamo and Open Client connections vs ODBC connections
Lance, Carson and Larry - Based upon a previous thread I posted regarding ASA and ASE environments for our website DB and the issues we were having, I took your advice and did the following: 1. Generated our website DB in an ASE 11.9.2 environment instead of ASA 6.0.2 2. Established an Open Client connection profile to the web DB instead of using ODBC. 3. Created an Open Client connection from the website to the ASE 11.9.2 primary database. Here's is what is happening now!:( - Please see the attachment! Summary: PD pages executing stored procedures under an Open Cl...

not connected when I am connected

Unable to establish connection through Odbc driver
Hello! I have a problem regarding Odbc driver. So, here's the thing: i'm using .net framework v1.1 and have a .mdb database that i would like to connect to. When i use oledb provider works fine, but when i would like to use dsn and odbc driver i just can't figure it out. The code: <%@ Page Language="VB" debug="true" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <script runat="server"> Sub Page_Load() ' Code that populates datagrid Di...

C# returns
Hi all, I have Adaptive Server Enterprise Sybase Central ASE Plug-in/ 12.5.4 installed on Vista Enterprise, also I am using VS2005 and C#. I have build a small C# application with SYBASE on back end. While running it I' ve got a message: Sybase.Data.AseClient : Client unable to establish a connection (Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException: Client unable to establish a connection at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPool.=E1=9C=80(AseConnection A_0) at Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseConnectionPoolManager.=E1=9C=80(String A_0, AseConnection A_1) at Sybase.Data.AseClie...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. with ASP.NET(2.0) The Bank Give Me WebService and say to me to use post method for sending my information. My Transaction State Is Ok But when i call a method of Bank webservice  it give me error   _______My Sample Code ___________ double TA;WebServices.ReferencePayment PaymentWebService = new WebServices.ReferencePayment();string MID = "00229018-45987";string t_strRefNum="*********";double t_lAmount;protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) &n...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
I am having issues while sending mails using the namespace System.Net.Mail.I keep getting the error as below:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respondThe code works in other remote hosting servers. This error occurs only for this particular server infotechage.com. I found some articles which said increase the timeout, but that does not help me. What may be the reason for this? Please help. I have been working on this issue for the last 3 days but in v...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

unable to connect remote connection
Server Error in '/Dive' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)   this is the error message I found when I run my asp.net application and the connection string as follows: <add key="ConnectionInfo" value="Server=(local);Database=Dive;Trusted_Connection=yes;" /&...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Hi All,  I have created a FTP client in ASP.net and it's working fine on my local system but when i deployed this code on Public IP(Remote server) it's not working.Code and Exceptions message are give below. public void Login() { if ( this.loggedin ) this.Close(); Debug.WriteLine("Opening connection to " + this.server, "FtpClient" ); IPAddress addr = null; IPEndPoint ep = null; try { this.clientSocket = new Socket( AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp ); addr = Dns.Resolve(this.serve...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
Background: I am running a e-commerce website which will call a remote payment gateway when customer check out. I have tested my web application at my local machine. Everything just works fine. I have no problem to connect my payment gateway  However, after I have upload all my application code to my hosting company, I cannot check out because my web application cannot connect to the payment gateway And get following errors: " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected...

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
please can you help, when i do my request form i am getting an error. this happens when it is called over the web externally when i launch in visual stuido it works fine, i am local to the smtp server. it is an Exchange 2003 server. It has an address published, i can connect to port 25 with telnet to the dnsname.   I have many different snippets of code i have tried in a bid to get to the root, i think it cant authenticate. i have assigned 3 buttons to different subs for the mail send, noe of which work   A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly...

ado.net returns client unable to establish connection
using the sybase samples provide with sybase ase 12.5.2 developer edition, and when I go to open the connection i get the error 'client unable to establish a conection', the only thing I think it could be is that the xp server and sysam services. Have got both odbc and oledb drivers working. However, sql advantage doesn't work. The sybase ado.net driver is v1.1.327.0. Anyone got any ideas of the problem. I'm running the windows version on xp pro with sp2 on a p42.8ghz machine with 756mb ram and over 8gb hdd free space. If ODBC and OLEDB are working then teh ADO.NET...

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:PORT"
 Hi all, "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond IP:Port"  this is the error i am geeting while sending an email using System.Net.Mail My Code here :MailMessage objMail;        SmtpClient objSMTP;        // Now create the email        objMail = new MailMessage();        objMail.To.Add...

VS2005 IDE: Add Web Refernece. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has fa
 I have published a web service, but cannot connect to it in VS2005.  The Web Methods display, but I then get this error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond I CAN connect to it outside of VS2005 from IE, Stylus Studio, etc.  /Bob C in GRR Hi  Bob, That might be a problem with proxy. Please try this solution: http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/3871.aspx. Also you can refer to this article: http://msdn.microsoft...

Web resources about - Client unable to establish a connection - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Perth-based man linked to NZ rape cases unmasked after DNA connection
A rape victim has blasted police for refusing to reveal the name of the man linked by DNA evidence to a series of horrific sexual attacks on ...

Police release image in connection with suspicious death
POLICE are wanting to speak with two men to help with investigations into the possibly suspicious death of a man on the Sunshine Coast on Sunday. ...

Arrests made in connection with 3 OC escaped inmates, sheriff says
Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens said five arrests have been made in connection with three inmates who escaped the Orange County Central ...

Virgina Tech students arrested in connection with missing girl found dead - Videos - CBS News
Two Virgina Tech students were arrested this weekend in connection with the death of a 13-year-old girl. The girl's family reported her missing ...

Brazil’s Distributed Generation Connections Triple In 2015
Distributed generation of electricity in Brazil showed a remarkably strong growth trend in 2015, as the number of connections grew 308%. This ...

English Teacher Arrested In Connection With Jailbreak
English Teacher Arrested In Connection With Jailbreak