ASE 12.5.1 & ODBC

Hello,

we are using Sybase ASE ODBC 3.70 on ASE 12.0 with no problems.  When I
try to connect with the same driver to ASE 12.5 I get following error:

"[DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]There was a
transaction active when exiting the stored procedure 'sp_tables'. The
temporary table '#cumulative_role_set' was dropped in this transaction
either explicitly or implicitly."

We tried it also with the latest DataDirect 4.10 ODBC driver - same
error occured.  I seems as ODBC command SQLTables, which exec sp_tables,
caused above error.  If I run sp_tables on tempdb of 12.5 it displays
the temp databases created by the system procedure - If I do the same on
12.0 it does not display them.

Any help is welcome :)

Thanks in advance,

Bernd

0
Hirsteiner

Hi Bernd,

This sounds more like an ASE problem then ODBC.  Have you posted this in
the
ASE newsgroup?  Have you tried the latest EBF of ASE 12.5?

pv

Hirsteiner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are using Sybase ASE ODBC 3.70 on ASE 12.0 with no problems.  When I
> try to connect with the same driver to ASE 12.5 I get following error:
>
> "[DataDirect][ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol driver][SQL Server]There was a
> transaction active when exiting the stored procedure 'sp_tables'. The
> temporary table '#cumulative_role_set' was dropped in this transaction
> either explicitly or implicitly."
>
> We tried it also with the latest DataDirect 4.10 ODBC driver - same
> error occured.  I seems as ODBC command SQLTables, which exec sp_tables,
> caused above error.  If I run sp_tables on tempdb of 12.5 it displays
> the temp databases created by the system procedure - If I do the same on
> 12.0 it does not display them.
>
> Any help is welcome :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bernd
0
odbcpse

ODBC connectivity on ASE 12.5.1
Hi, i have successfully installed the Adaptive Server Enterprise on the Win 2000 server and the client on Win 2000 also. But i cant find any ODBC driver for ASE on the Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Pls advise. ...

ODBC connectivity on ASE 12.5.1 #2
Hi, i have successfully installed the Adaptive Server Enterprise on the Win 2000 server and the client on Win 2000 also. But i cant find any ODBC driver for ASE on the Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Data Sources (ODBC). Pls advise. Ang Chee, I do not think this is anything to do with your installation. You can manuall configure shortcut to odbc under Adminstrative Services or use RUN command odbcad32.exe. For my curiosity, why do you need odbc to connect from Sybase client to Sybase Server? You can use DSEDIT and create an INI file entry. Rao/.. "Ang C...

ASE 11.5.1 & ODBC
I've run into a problem with the sp_tables stored procedure (installed from sycsp11.sql) used for ODBC support. On our "soon to be replaced" 10.0.2 server (running on NT 4.0), sp_tables runs just fine. On our "soon to be made productive" 11.5.1 server (also running on NT 4.0), sp_tables errors out with: 1> sp_tables 2> go Msg 301, Level 16, State 2: Procedure 'sp_tables', Line 204: Query contains an illegal outer-join request. (return status = -6) 1> I tried replacing the "new" procedure with the "old" one (from the...

ASE 12.5 ODBC Connection Pooling
I'm trying to setup an ASE ODBC connection pool on a Win2003 server. The Sybase Open Client has been installed on the server, and when I go into ODBC Administrator, System DSN, and create a new Sybase connection, I get the ODBC Sybase Wire Protocol Driver Setup screen. I enter the parameters and click Test Connection, where I get prompted for Login ID and Password. When I enter these values, it connects fine. I suspect that for the connection pool to work, you need to somehow supply these values outside of the application (PB12 .NET assembly as a webservice). Can someone...

Problem with connection cache EASERVER 5.1/ASE 12.5.1
I have just migrated our application of EASERVER 4.2.4 (developer edition) towards EASERVER 5.1 (licensed advanced edition). I have two connection cache (ODBC, JDBC) with a ASE 12.5.1. it's a mixed-site PowerDynamo (ODBC) and JSP (JDBC). I have this problem which occurs in a random way (ODBC Cache) : oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: Error: An attempt was made to obtain an XA connection from cache: 'intermetiers', but 2 Phase Commit option is not licensed for this server. oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: RetrieveEX Failed, DB message below oct. 18 08:50:59 2004: HTMLDW: Canno...

Problem connecting to ASE 12.5 using ODBC
When connecting to ASE 12.5 using the 12.5 ODBC driver (on Windows XP) I am unable to connect and receive a blank message in the warning dialog that appears. I believe it is initially connecting to the server becuase if the password or user id is incorrect I an error message is displaye din the dialog. Hi - What application and what connection string? Could you post some sample of this? paul <Adam> wrote in message news:408e2a83.2e1b.1681692777@sybase.com... > When connecting to ASE 12.5 using the 12.5 ODBC driver (on > Windows XP) I am unable to connect and rece...

ODBC Connect with Access2003 to ASE 12.5.3
Hi, i have successfully established a odbc connection with Microsoft Access 2003 .to ASE 12.5.3 When trying to open some linked tables in access, the fields are filled with "#deleted" ( in german #Gel´┐Żscht ) Some tables are showing the right content. i am using: DB Server ASE 12.5.3 on RedHat ES 3 Client: Windows XP PC-Client with odbc-driver from ASE 15 installed. Any help is appreciated! Uwe Hi, I'm not sure what does this - You might want to update ODBC Driver to 15.0.0.152 (SDK 15.0 ESD#08) Also, try setting Use Cursors to 1 in the Data So...

Connecting to ASE 12.5 through PHP using ODBC
Hi Is it possible for me to connect to ASE 12,5 from my PHP script using a ODBC driver? The PHP runs on RHEL 3.0 and has both the Open Client libraries and the ODBC drivers (12.5) installed. Thanks in advance Hemalatha Not tested but if PHP allows ODBC connections, then ASE does ship a driver for Linux. You can use OCS SDK 12.5.1 ESD9/ESD10 -Ashish <Hemalatha> wrote in message news:430dff68.1e24.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > > Is it possible for me to connect to ASE 12,5 from my PHP > script using a ODBC driver? The PHP runs on RHEL 3.0 and has >...

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas Thomas Matej wrote: > Hallo group, > > I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on > my windows 2000 PC to my ...

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas This was answered in another thread. Please do NOT post the same message to more than one newsgroup. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

WIN2K PRO ASE DEV 12.5.1 & 12.5.2 Install Fails
Completing a NEW install on WIN2KPRO SP4. Previously had installed 11.5 Sybase with no problems. No need to upgrade so performing fresh install. Process hangs with ctlib connect error at creation of master device but then succeeds (12.5.1), never succeeds 12.5.2. For 12.5.1, process again hangs ctlib connect error after sqlserver boots for masterdb creation. Never get this far in the 12.5.2 install. For fun, performed same 12.5.2 install on WINXPPRO system and it succeeded all the way thru. On WIN2KPRO, I monitor, via netstat, connections/ports and sqlserver does boot, is list...

ODBC 12 with Direct Connect 12.5
We are using Open Client 12.0 with the 12.0 ODBC driver on the desktop to connect to the Direct Connect for OS/390 version 12.0 using Sunlink SNA. The application uses RDO as a middle layer between it and the ODBC driver. This works fine. I installed DC for 390 V12.5 using TCP/IP for mainframe access. Some applications began failing in the RDO layer. The first connection works but later ones fail. We rolled back to DC 12.0. We are planning to recode and replace RDO with ADO, but is there something we can do with the ODBC driver or the gateway to resolve this? Hello Ed, ...

Lack of a TCP protocol with ASE 12.5.1 ODBC driver.
Hi all, when setting up an odbc datasource on an XP client, under the network protocol setting I am presented with 2 options: Winsock or NamedPipes. Neither of these will work (come back with a message stating that the network protocol is not compatable with this machine). In the past versions I have always been able to select the TCP protocol and this has worked fine. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this option would not be available with this version of Sybase Open Client? At install time I only install the ODBC and OLEDB drivers. TIA. Jeremy. What v...

remote server, proxy tables, ASE 12.5.1, ODBC, dbf
Hi. i have ASE 12.5.1 under OS- w2k server Sp4 I need to select some data from dbf database. Can I use ODBC datasource as remote server ? and how to do this? I`ve founed that in ASA that work via remote server and proxy tables. but i didnt founed how to do this in ASE. may somebody can help me ? Loon in the Component Integration Services User's Guide <Andrew Solonchuk> wrote in message news:41962558.4641.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi. > > i have ASE 12.5.1 under OS- w2k server Sp4 > > I need to select some data from dbf database. > > ...

Web resources about - ASE 12.5.1 & ODBC - sybase.connectivity.odbc