ASE 12.5 <-> Access 2000: No installable ISAM drivers installed?

Hi,

I've just installed the current ASE 12.5 ODBC/OLE-DB client + service pack
to be able to access our server from Microsoft Access 2000.

Linking to a ASE table visually works well. However, I want to connect to
ASE using a DSN-less connection, established by something like the following
VBA code fragment:

   DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType := acLink, _
                          DatabaseType := "ODBC", _
                          DatabaseName := "DRIVER=Sybase ASE ODBC
Driver;UID=mainuser;NA=myServer,3000;DB=myDB;WA2=8192", _
                          ObjectType := acTable, _
                          Source := "myTable", _
                          Destination := "myLinkedTable", _
                          StructureOnly := False, _
                          StoreLogin := True

Unfortunately, executing this function results in the following error
message: "Installable ISAM not installed".

What did I do wrong?

TIA,
Axel Dahmen

0
Axel

Hi Axel,

I seem to remember that the vendor of the driver indicated this will
not work but I cannot find the details.

However, through your method I think this would work.
Seraching on the internet I find several links regarding this issue.
For example
on Microsoft is this tech doc for Access 97:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q155666

I would search on this message and see what you come up with.

pv

Axel Dahmen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed the current ASE 12.5 ODBC/OLE-DB client + service pack
> to be able to access our server from Microsoft Access 2000.
>
> Linking to a ASE table visually works well. However, I want to connect to
> ASE using a DSN-less connection, established by something like the following
> VBA code fragment:
>
>    DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType := acLink, _
>                           DatabaseType := "ODBC", _
>                           DatabaseName := "DRIVER=Sybase ASE ODBC
> Driver;UID=mainuser;NA=myServer,3000;DB=myDB;WA2=8192", _
>                           ObjectType := acTable, _
>                           Source := "myTable", _
>                           Destination := "myLinkedTable", _
>                           StructureOnly := False, _
>                           StoreLogin := True
>
> Unfortunately, executing this function results in the following error
> message: "Installable ISAM not installed".
>
> What did I do wrong?
>
> TIA,
> Axel Dahmen
0
odbcpse
3/12/2003 5:33:31 PM
Well, thanks, actually I know what causes this error message. But what I
don't know is how to get the Sybase ISAM driver to work. My questions are
more like: Is there any Sybase ISAM driver? What are the .dlls? etc. ...

------------------------------
"odbcpse" <human@earth.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Axel,
>
> I seem to remember that the vendor of the driver indicated this will
> not work but I cannot find the details.
>
> However, through your method I think this would work.
> Seraching on the internet I find several links regarding this issue.
> For example
> on Microsoft is this tech doc for Access 97:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q155666
>
> I would search on this message and see what you come up with.
>
> pv
>

> Axel Dahmen wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just installed the current ASE 12.5 ODBC/OLE-DB client + service
pack
> > to be able to access our server from Microsoft Access 2000.
> >
> > Linking to a ASE table visually works well. However, I want to connect
> > ASE using a DSN-less connection, established by something like the
following
> > VBA code fragment:
> >
> >    DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType := acLink, _
> >                           DatabaseType := "ODBC", _
> >                           DatabaseName := "DRIVER=Sybase ASE ODBC
> > Driver;UID=mainuser;NA=myServer,3000;DB=myDB;WA2=8192", _
> >                           ObjectType := acTable, _
> >                           Source := "myTable", _
> >                           Destination := "myLinkedTable", _
> >                           StructureOnly := False, _
> >                           StoreLogin := True
> >
> > Unfortunately, executing this function results in the following error
> > message: "Installable ISAM not installed".
> >
> > What did I do wrong?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Axel Dahmen

0
Axel
3/13/2003 11:02:41 AM
As far as I know there is no Sybase ISAM driver.  You can log a case with
Sybase Technical Support and make the request,
so that they can put a request into the ODBC Driver vendor.

pv

Axel Dahmen wrote:

> Well, thanks, actually I know what causes this error message. But what I
> don't know is how to get the Sybase ISAM driver to work. My questions are
> more like: Is there any Sybase ISAM driver? What are the .dlls? etc. ...
>
> ------------------------------
> "odbcpse" <human@earth.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi Axel,
> >
> > I seem to remember that the vendor of the driver indicated this will
> > not work but I cannot find the details.
> >
> > However, through your method I think this would work.
> > Seraching on the internet I find several links regarding this issue.
> > For example
> > on Microsoft is this tech doc for Access 97:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q155666
> >
> > I would search on this message and see what you come up with.
> >
> > pv
> >

> > Axel Dahmen wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've just installed the current ASE 12.5 ODBC/OLE-DB client + service
> pack
> > > to be able to access our server from Microsoft Access 2000.
> > >
> > > Linking to a ASE table visually works well. However, I want to connect
> > > ASE using a DSN-less connection, established by something like the
> following
> > > VBA code fragment:
> > >
> > >    DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType := acLink, _
> > >                           DatabaseType := "ODBC", _
> > >                           DatabaseName := "DRIVER=Sybase ASE ODBC
> > > Driver;UID=mainuser;NA=myServer,3000;DB=myDB;WA2=8192", _
> > >                           ObjectType := acTable, _
> > >                           Source := "myTable", _
> > >                           Destination := "myLinkedTable", _
> > >                           StructureOnly := False, _
> > >                           StoreLogin := True
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, executing this function results in the following error
> > > message: "Installable ISAM not installed".
> > >
> > > What did I do wrong?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Axel Dahmen

0
odbcpse
3/13/2003 8:51:42 PM
We are able to link to a table in Sybase from MSACCESS with
Sybase ASE 11.9.2.  We are not able to do this with Sybase
ASE 12.5.0.1.

Please let me know what you find out.

Ken

> As far as I know there is no Sybase ISAM driver.  You can
> log a case with Sybase Technical Support and make the
> request, so that they can put a request into the ODBC
> Driver vendor.
>
> pv
>

> Axel Dahmen wrote:
>
> > Well, thanks, actually I know what causes this error
> > message. But what I don't know is how to get the Sybase
> > ISAM driver to work. My questions are more like: Is
> there any Sybase ISAM driver? What are the .dlls? etc. ...
> > > ------------------------------
> > "odbcpse" <human@earth.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hi Axel,
> > >
> > > I seem to remember that the vendor of the driver
> > > indicated this will not work but I cannot find the
> > details. >
> > > However, through your method I think this would work.
> > > Seraching on the internet I find several links
> > > regarding this issue. For example
> > > on Microsoft is this tech doc for Access 97:
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB
> > ;en-us;q155666 >
> > > I would search on this message and see what you come
> > up with. >
> > > pv

> > client + service pack
> > > Access 2000. >
> > I want to connect to
> > something like the following

> > > StructureOnly := False, _ StoreLogin := True >
> > > installed". >

0
Ken
3/11/2004 9:51:01 PM
Hi Ken,

I am not sure this got responded to - what exactly is the problem?
There are all sorts of weird MS Access problems with use of the Sybase ase
ODBC driver...

Paul

<Ken Thompson> wrote in message news:4050dffe.4486.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are able to link to a table in Sybase from MSACCESS with
> Sybase ASE 11.9.2.  We are not able to do this with Sybase
> ASE 12.5.0.1.
>
> Please let me know what you find out.
>
> Ken
> >
> > As far as I know there is no Sybase ISAM driver.  You can
> > log a case with Sybase Technical Support and make the
> > request, so that they can put a request into the ODBC
> > Driver vendor.
> >
> > pv
> >

> > Axel Dahmen wrote:
> >
> > > Well, thanks, actually I know what causes this error
> > > message. But what I don't know is how to get the Sybase
> > > ISAM driver to work. My questions are more like: Is
> > there any Sybase ISAM driver? What are the .dlls? etc. ...
> > > "odbcpse" <human@earth.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > > details. >

> > > ;en-us;q155666 >
> > > up with. >

> > > client + service pack
> > > I want to connect to
> > > something like the following

0
Paul

looking for recommendations about installing ASE 12.5.2 and ASE 12.5.3 on HP-UX IPF
Hi, We are about to install ASE 12.5.3 esd#7 64bit on HP-UX IPF server. Are they any recommendations regarding installing on HP Itanium 64bit servers? Is there a best practices document for ASE 12.5.3 ? thanks. Itzhak. izik_is@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi, We are about to install ASE 12.5.3 esd#7 64bit on HP-UX IPF > server. > Are they any recommendations regarding installing on HP Itanium 64bit > servers? > Is there a best practices document for ASE 12.5.3 ? There's no specific document. There are comments and recommendations in the SAG (System Admi...

Installing the ODBC 12.5 driver
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do the install of the 12.5 ODBC driver unattended? TIA Mike ...

ASE 12.5 Driver Install
Using Win2000 OS Does anyone know how I can install the 12.5 ODBC driver WITHOUT using the install program on the PC Client cd that came with ASE? Tried to use the install, but after I ran it, all my database interfaces in PB 8 were wiped out. When I tried to reinstall the interfaces from my PB 8 cd, it claimed I didn't even have PB 8 installed and aborted the install. Also screwed up the machine's path environment variable, plus Open Client no longer worked properly. Don't know if I did something wrong, but I'd rather not go through that again if I can get an ASE...

Can I use ASE 12.5.2 64-bit license on an ASE 12.5.2 32-bit install
I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license only. Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 installation? thanks Gemma No you cannot > I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of > memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license > only. > > Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 > installation? > > thanks > Gemma ...

How to install ASE 12.5 on window 2000
Hi, Could you please tell me how to install ASE 12.5 on window 2000, as i am getting the following setup errors After Adaptive server option window in configur Adaptive server. Internal Error: could not create service control manager entry for Sybase server . Operating system returned error check the log d:\Sybase12.5\ASE-12.5\init\logs\log0624.006) for more information. Error generating runserver file �d:\Sybase12.5\ASE-12.5install\RUN_DL7520NEW2L.BAT� Task failed: update Sybase server entry in registry. Terminating configuration Also let me know what are values do ...

ASE 12.0 odbc drivers not installed
I'm installing ASE 12.0 in Windows 2000 Pro, but the odbc drivers are not installed and I can't find the dlls. I run \sybase\odbc\sybcsp.exe but nothing happens. Thank you When you try to create a Data Source yuou do not find "Sybase ASE ODBC Driver"?? Do you have Open Client installed? (It should install with the installer) Also is there a directory: %SYBASE%\ODBC-3_5? It should contain the DLLs, SYODASE.DLL.... pv "Luis Porras" <luis.porras@dakotaimaging.com> wrote in message news:40ae3a8d@forums-1-dub... > I'm installing ...

ADO <-> ODBC <-> ASE 11.5 ??
Hola amigos: Tengo el siguiente problema, mi conexi=F3n del Web Server se realiza a trav=E9s de ADO a SYBASE 10.0.2. Todo funciona bien pero cuando cambio los par=E1metros de conexi=F3n de Sybase 10.0.2 a ASE 11.5 el ODBC me env=EDa el siguiente error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' = [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]Invalid length parameter passed to the substring function. = /Transacs/bin/login.asp, line 87 = Ya revise el SP, incluso le hice un trace para ver hasta donde se = ejecutaba, pero mi sorpresa fue que se ejecu...

Installing ASE 12.5 on Windows 2000 Server
I am new to Sybase ASE and appreciate all help and suggestions provided. Windows 2000 service pack 3 Sybase seems to install okay from the CD When I open Server Config, the error message "Invalid command line argument 'and'" displays. After clicking "OK" the server configuration utility opens. I can use the "Create Server" option to step through all the screens to "Adaptive Server Options". I enter in information for "Configure Default XP Server" and "Network Addresses" but clicking the "Continue" button ...

Installing ASE 12.5 Client on Windows 2000
Hey All! I'm having a problem installing ASE 12.5 Client on Windows 2000. As soon as I try and run the install program for the client, the little console window comes up and then immediately crashes, before it even has a chance to bring up the actual install program. I've tried this on multiple computers, including a PC with a fresh install of Windows 2000 and all the necessary security patches. I believe the problem is with the JRE that comes on the disk. Has anyone experienced this problem before? Is there a work-around? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheer...

Can you install ASE 12.5 on Win 2000
Can you install ASE 12.5 for NT on windows 2000?? I didn't find any ASE for windows 2000? thanks Pranoz I can install ASE 12.5 on Windows 2000, and it works find.. Janne Ho Synergy Information Co., Ltd. On Sat, 13 Oct 2001 23:12:47 -0400, "Pranozzol" <pranozzol@hotmail.com> wrote: >Can you install ASE 12.5 for NT on windows 2000?? I didn't find any ASE for >windows 2000? > >thanks >Pranoz > > ...

PB6.5 -> Error Install ODBC-Driver
Hi, I use PB 6.5 on a Windows 95 plattform. And installed the Intersolv ODBC-Driver 32 from the common install CD. If I want add a User DSN with the ODBC-Administrator I got an error. Can't install setup-Routine for PB Sybase SQL Server ODBC-Driver. Error: 1157 What's wrong? Can I connect to Linux ASE 11 with this driver? Thanks "Arndt M�ller" wrote: > Hi, > > I use PB 6.5 on a Windows 95 plattform. > And installed the Intersolv ODBC-Driver 32 from the common install CD. > If I want add a User DSN with the ODBC-Administrator I got an ...

Installing ODBC Driver for 12.5 on Windows 2003
Has anybody been able to install ODBC drivers for ASE 12.5 on Windows 2003? Please ignore this > Has anybody been able to install ODBC drivers for ASE 12.5 > on Windows 2003? ...

Installing ASE 12.5 on Windows 2000 Server
I am new to Sybase ASE and appreciate all help and suggestions provided. Windows 2000 service pack 3 Sybase seems to install okay from the CD When I open Server Config, the error message "Invalid command line argument 'and'" displays. After clicking "OK" the server configuration utility opens. I can use the "Create Server" option to step through all the screens to "Adaptive Server Options". I enter in information for "Configure Default XP Server" and "Network Addresses" but clicking the "Continue" button ...

Can you install ASE 12.5 for NT on windows 2000??
All sorry for this stupid questions, but, Can you install ASE 12.5 for NT on windows 2000?? I didn't find any ASE for windows 2000? thanks Pranoz Yes..You can. I am running 12.0 and 12.5 versions of sybase on win2k server. R "Pranozzol" <pranozzol@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cyw8D9FVBHA.325@forums.sybase.com... > All > sorry for this stupid questions, but, Can you install ASE 12.5 for NT on > windows 2000?? I didn't find any ASE for windows 2000? > > thanks > Pranoz > > ...

Web resources about - ASE 12.5 <-> Access 2000: No installable ISAM drivers installed? - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Chrome Beta update arrives with installable fullscreen web-apps
The Chrome Beta Android app is a solid way to get a bit of an advance look at what is coming in the general non-beta release. And in this case, ...

Google Wallet Installable on All of Verizon’s NFC Phones, Getting It to Work Another Story
After the FCC ruled that Verizon could no longer block tethering apps , as it violated the “C Block rules” attached to their purchase of the ...

Gabe Newell: Steam Box to run Linux, Windows installable
Gabe Newell has confirmed that Valve Software will release its "Steam Box" in the future, and it will run on Linux. The Valve CEO spoke about ...

Jolla Promotes Community Growth With Android Launcher And Installable Sailfish OS
Finish smartphone start-up Jolla have announced the upcoming availability of Sailfish OS as a standalone Android launcher, and a downloadable ...

New Xbox 360 Dashboard Experience Installable On Hacked Xbox 360s
Some leaky monkey at or near Microsoft has just dumped the new Xbox 360 Dashboard "Experience", also known as the fall update, onto the internet. ...

Hosted Apps - Installable Web Apps — Google Developers
Read this page to learn how to create and loada hosted app —aregular web app, plus some metadata. If you're interested in creating a packaged ...

Installable Web Apps Will be the Next Tech Battleground
Why can’t the WC3, Google and Mozilla agree on how to deliver next-generation Web apps online?

iPhone Will Not Allow User Installable Applications
While I was back taking pictures of the iPhone for a second time, I got chatting with one of the security/information attendants guarding the ...

Android apps now installable from Google+ Stream
Although the new feature has yet to be announced, Google is beginning to allow Google+ users to install Android apps right straight from the ...

Bridge installable in 10 minutes made for disaster relief
Bridge installable in 10 minutes made for disaster relief