ASA/DB2

hi all,
im using a ASA version 8.0.2 Build 4089
and i have linked tables from DB2 .
im using Clent Access ODBC Driver V4R5M0
the driver dll version is 7.0.0.0(cwbodbc.dll)

i creaed a user dsn for my DB2 and create a remote server in my ASA. i added
a proxy table .
but when i query the table, the first row of the table is missing.
if the table in DB2 have 1 record , no rows were returned to the sybase.
if the table in DB2 have 5 records , 4 rows were returned to the sybase.
the first record is missing.
i linked the same table frm a access database using the same dsn , and i get
all the records.
can anyone help me???

0
Ramesh

DB2 Connectivity, HiT ODBC DB2 driver
Hi there. We have an application that uses Oracle as DBMS and we could say everything works OK. About one year ago, we decided to go to DB/2 too, as some of our clients had this platform. We had many problems in adapting our datawindows to work properly with DB/2, as the IBM CAE ODBC driver does not interpret outer joins very well. When we have a datawindows that joins a table with two or more other tables (via outer joins), the syntax generated by PB is not supported by the CAE. e.g.: {oj table1 LEFT OUTER JOIN table2 ON table1.field1 = table2.field1},{oj table1 LEFT OUTER JO...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

ODBC Configuration Dialog appears on ODBC connect to ASA 6.x
Hallo, I aways get the ODBC Configuration Dialog if I want to connect to my ASA 6.x Database: Here are my 2 SQLCA's: with these settings I only have to press the enter key of the ODBC Configuration Dialog. sqlca_ASA.AutoCommit = False sqlca_ASA.LogPass = "" sqlca_ASA.LogId = "" sqlca_ASA.Database = "" sqlca_ASA.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca_ASA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=STATPROT ASA;START=dbeng6.exe -c 4M -ga -gb normal -p 4096 -m;DBF=d:\statprot\statprot.db;DBN=stationsprotokoll;UID=dba;PWD=sql'" with these setting...

ODBC connection FROM ASA
Hi, all my data is stored in an ASA-DB. Now I have the following requirement: If any address data is changed in by DB, I should look into a MS-Access-db (foreign application) to see if the address data is in that database too and make an update of these data in th MS-Access-db. Is it possible to make a connection from inside ASA to another ODBC-datasource to make an update / select / delete in that datasource? I want to do that with a trigger in my ASA-DB and I don't want to do any changes in my application itself. Roy Bungert In article <hGa79NcKCHA.654@forums...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

connecting to DB2 via ODBC
I'm trying to connect to DB2 via DSN, and I'm getting this error message: An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString. An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;' Here's my code: strConn = new OleDbConnection("DSN=dsnName;UID=myID;PWD=myPassword") I am able to connect to it successfully with classic ASP without providing an OLE DB Provider. I don't understand why and how I need to overcome this problem in .net. Any ideas please! You need to use the Odbc classes: strConn = new OdbcConnection("DSN=dsnName;UID=myID;PWD=myPassword") ...

ODBC Profile on ASA connection
Hello, I'm using Pb 8.0 with the ASA database version 7.0. I'm using the default transaction object sqlca and after an unsuccesful connection to the database the ODBC Profile appears as usual. I only want to see the messagebox which I created for unsuccesful logins not the ODBC dialog box. I tried this for an user defined transaction object but the problem is persistent. Any suggestions??? Thanx... To disable prompting, set Connection Type on Options tab to SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT or in the dbparm add ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT' as in the ...

ASA 9 ODBC connection
Hello, I am trying to connect to an ASA 9 database running on a server across the network in a Windows environment. I would like to configure an ODBC connection to the server. On the Network tab of the ODBC Configuration for ASA 9 app, I have checked TCP/IP and entered the hostname of the database server. When I click Test Connection, I get an error window that says "Connection failed: Connection error: TCPIP requires a server name". I have been through various User and DBA Guides on line and have not found the appropriate syntax to specify the server name. I have trie...

ASA ODBC Connection Question
I have a database sitting on the internet on a specific IP number and (kooky me) I want to connect to it. So, the server is working fine. I can hit it with a browser (IIS4/ASP) and it works great. However, I cannot figure out how to set up the client-side ODBC database configuration that will make it work. I've read the docs and I am still not able to connect to it. Where (and how) do I put the IP number of the server into the ODBC config? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. MM When configuring the ODBC data source, in the network tab, tick tcpip and pu...

ASA ODBC Connect Error
I've got a DSN entry set up to connect to my Adaptive Server Anywhere database for use with the Powerdynamo product for website storage. Everytime I test the connection in ODBC administrator , the engine starts and then I recieve a "Connecton Failed: Database engine not running" error. After clearing the error, the engine remains open and if I retest the connection then is succeeds and then the database engine will shut down. If I restest a third time, then the engine starts and connection fails with the same error message Any ideas about this problem? Thanks! Chris ...

ASA ODBC Connection pooling
Has anyone verified that pooling works in V6? Thanks Rich M ...

ODBC connection
Hi, Here is an interesting one that I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with: I have a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database to which I have set up a network server through Adaptive Server Anywhere 6 (version 6.0.1.1314) (with dbsrv6.exe as the executable for the Configuration tab). After starting the service, I try to connect to this database through the server using an ODBC connection (with TCP/IP checked and "IP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX" (XXX being the IP numbers) as the value), I get the message "Connection failed: Database engine not running". Then, if I try to co...

EAServer jdbc connectivity to DB2 via IBM DB2 Connect on Solaris
Has anybody seen this before :- I get the following error message in the EAServer Logs when trying to ping the connection cache :- Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: Warning - cache test received the following exception object while trying to load COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path Mar 30 16:55:00 2001: java.sql.SQLException: Java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path The environment details are :- 1. Solaris 2.8 2. IBM DB2 connect 7 (This is one of the newer releases). 3. EAServer 3.6.1 On Solaris. I...

ASE ODBC Install to connect from ASA
Hi all, we�re "newbyes" and we�re tryin to connect our ASA DB with an ASE DB. ( we try to read an ASE table from our ASA application with a Powerbuilder Pipeline ) We need the ODBC ASE driver and we�re not sure how to install it. We have installed the ASE client in our machine but we dont know how to and what right path ) install the file(s) that allows me to choose this ODBC ASE driver in "W95/ODBC DataSource Administrator/Create New data Source". Anybody can help us? Thank you in advance. David. (Excuse my english) --------------4F962063545D...

Web resources about - ASA/DB2 - sybase.connectivity.odbc

Assas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 43°42′10″N 3°54′00″E  /  43.7028°N 3.9°E  / 43.7028; 3.9 Coordinates : 43°42′10″N 3°54′00″E  /  43.7028°N 3.9°E  / 43.7028; ...

ASA - Wikipedia
ASA as an abbreviation or initialism may stand for: Organizations Acoustical Society of America Advertising Standards Authority (disambiguation) ...

ASAS 2014
The mission of the symposium is to fulfil the need for a dynamic platform for software architects. This platform is a place from where software ...

ASA - Advertising Standards Authority
The ASA is the UK's independent regulator of advertising across all media, now including marketing on websites. We work to ensure ads are legal, ...

Asa Fitch (@asafitch) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Asa Fitch @ asafitch Dubai, ...

ASAS Pubs on the App Store on iTunes
Get ASAS Pubs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Asa Portrait - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
with my camera, by Asa Mathat

Gov. Asa Hutchinson says Arkansas will comply fully with marriage decision, though he doesn't like it ...
Gov. Asa Hutchinson has issued a statement accepting the finality of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality and pledging state compliance. ...

Asa Jackson is probably Ravens' toughest roster decision
ESPN Asa Jackson is probably Ravens' toughest roster decision Baltimore Sun If the Ravens go with five wide outs, it will be Steve Smith Sr., ...

ASA investigates Nurofen TV ads - Business Insider Deutschland
The Australian federal court ruled this week that Nurofen misled consumers with its marketing. Nurofen/Facebook The ASA is investigating whether ...